Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
BeeSeaEss
twilightwarwolf
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
robsthedon
Tolvo
Saturday-Saint
Mobfather187
Nasurek
Murkulanvippi
LunarFog
reim0027
WyrmHero
Ahhotep1
Sir-flicker
LoreFF
drmuto
lonewolf
Rudmed
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Reaperfan
Ghadis_God
Myztyrio
Cabjoy
T-King-667
Carphil
RANT
ExecutionerTri
bunnywink
Soris Ice Goldwing
tinypantha
Avenger649
Emergence
Hydreigon11
Red Rosie
40 posters

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Nasurek
    Nasurek

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave... - Page 3 Empty Re: Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Post by Nasurek Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 am

Why did I have to *** level up my Lv 100 build to 115, now I've got 2 days to make a new Lv 100 build.

I'm PS3
    See you there...
    Mobfather187
    Mobfather187

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave... - Page 3 Empty Re: Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Post by Mobfather187 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 am

Ill be there with my 100 on ps3 big grin
    Nasurek
    Nasurek

Post by Nasurek Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 am

It says Lv 100, why are people saying they will bring their 120s and so on?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am

What rules are there regarding pre-buffing? Is it cool if I use Tranquil Walk of Death? Also, the host is SL 100, meaning that 120's can still participate, correct?

Anyways, I'm up for this on PS3. Been looking for a good place to fight with sparse rules, it seems everywhere I look people are trying to ban chainstabs or turtling or WoG spamming or whatever else they can't deal with.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:What rules are there regarding pre-buffing? Is it cool if I use Tranquil Walk of Death? Also, the host is SL 100, meaning that 120's can still participate, correct?

Anyways, I'm up for this on PS3. Been looking for a good place to fight with sparse rules, it seems everywhere I look people are trying to ban chainstabs or turtling or WoG spamming or whatever else they can't deal with.

You find the rules in the OP
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:09 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:What rules are there regarding pre-buffing? Is it cool if I use Tranquil Walk of Death? Also, the host is SL 100, meaning that 120's can still participate, correct?

Yes, I checked them, they mention nothing of pre-buffing or TWoD. Nor did they mention whether SL 100 is the level of the host or if that's the max level allowed of the participants.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:

Yes, I checked them, they mention nothing of pre-buffing or TWoD. Nor did they mention whether SL 100 is the level of the host or if that's the max level allowed of the participants.

Sorry, my bad. I remembered there was a mention about it being denied. So I guess it can be used. Though i'd prefer no AoE at all.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:

Sorry, my bad. I remembered there was a mention about it being denied. So I guess it can be used. Though i'd prefer no AoE at all.

Okay. It seems kind of silly to allow something like TWoD, though. Somebody can just R2 to prevent you from getting close to them, then set it up, and in such a small arena, you can't get away and you die. Unless you can CSS them or something from outside the TWoP range, they're going to set up the TWoD every time.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:

Okay. It seems kind of silly to allow something like TWoD, though. Somebody can just R2 to prevent you from getting close to them, then set it up, and in such a small arena, you can't get away and you die. Unless you can CSS them or something from outside the TWoP range, they're going to set up the TWoD every time.

You might be right. Some do anything just get a win.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 am

To paraphrase Rosie, the reason events like these are hosted and recorded are to give people a platform for fun and creative builds and styles, and to offer up a visual record of events. Boring stuff is boring to watch and won't make the cut so use your discretion when deciding what to bring/use.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am

Emergence wrote:To paraphrase Rosie, the reason events like these are hosted and recorded are to give people a platform for fun and creative builds and styles, and to offer up a visual record of events. Boring stuff is boring to watch and won't make the cut so use your discretion when deciding what to bring/use.

Well that's no fun. I really thought I'd found something worthwhile here.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 am

Chainstabs are fun? But twop is not?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 am

I might stop by cosplaying.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am

Emergence wrote:Chainstabs are fun? But twop is not?
    Chainstabs are fine. TWoP is probably fine so long as you can't pre-buff with it. TWoD is completely *** broken in an arena where you aren't able to kite away. Actually, it's pretty broken even if you can run from it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Emergence and Rosie if you don't understand what he means, Tranquil Walk of Death is a spellswap/Buff glitch that causes the Stone Greatswords TwoP effect to also deal damage every second. When used, basically you can't get close to the person, especially if they do it with emit force as well, making all ranged attacks repel from it.

Basically he is talking about people using a glitch to make them invincible.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 pm

They even named a glitch and its not patched :affraid:
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks Tolvo for calling that out, I misread it. I'm so used to people singling out twop that I made the mistake of overlooking the spelling. I am aware of twod and other spellswaps.

Spellswap glitch isn't something I'm going to be a part of or condone in any sense. Too many game breaking applications to it and these aren't tactics people are used to nor should be expected to be prepared to counter.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Ok to clear up a few things from the last few posts...

Ill summon anyone to this, no matter which build it is, and no matter how boring / creative you want to play, but ill only make a video out of the best fights, I think thats fair enough?

My friend "Decimationist" will be streaming his involvement in it, so youll see a good bit of that on his twitch

The PS3 version is for Murgence to decide how much he streams / who he summons.

Ill try and do mostly 3 way fights like last time since there is more going on, but also some duels.

The fight will start after I throw an alluring skull into the pit, after that you may buff etc but youll be open to attack. Any attacking / buffing before the skull has landed and ill come at you myself lol

TWOD / spellswapping...

Im going to be stood at the side with bellowing, dusk crown, Tin crystal catalyst and red tear ring active... And a ton of crystal soul spears...

If I see any spell swapping ill shoot you down, and since the new spell swap requires mid roll / fat roll, I wont miss - also I imagine (I would hope) that the other people in the fight see it and come at you as well...

Tranquil walk of death - People are welcome to use the stone sword, but ill spend any matches locked onto anyone using it, and the moment I see it enchanted youll be shot down!

Again, part of the fun last time was people breaking the rules, so im not gonna stop summoning people who break it - except for hacked characters.

Hope that clears it up =)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm

I'll be doing stuff pretty much the same way on my end, free for alls are a blast to watch, so I'll be trying to get as many 3 ways as we can, but we will mix it up with duels.

Match will start once I toss an Alluring Skull into the arena.

I won't be resummoning egregious rule breakers, because I don't feel like dealing with dispatching people over and over and then having to pause stuff to restock my CSS. But I'll have a similar setup with TCC and Dusk for offenders.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Now what about if I cast TwoP, then just start dancing with a Chaneller's trident?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Better practice my anti chainstabbing techniques then, lol.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Better practice my anti chainstabbing techniques then, lol.

Me too lol, I'm in.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm

I am in the making of a stone guardian cosplay build using the stone guardian armor stone greataxe and of course the stone greatshield and sword but no wory becouse I have no idea how to use twod and I feel that I want to get a bit of srengt to the table.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:If I see any spell swapping ill shoot you down, and since the new spell swap requires mid roll / fat roll, I wont miss - also I imagine (I would hope) that the other people in the fight see it and come at you as well...
    That being the case, do you think it might be a good idea to point out in the rules that it's not allowed?
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Let me point out that Rosie and Emergence have already said this is being organised so people can have a laid back, easy to access arena for PvP so we can all have a good time, and they can hopefully get some good footage of it.

If anyone really wants to come in to a fight club like this bearing TWoD and other spellswap glitches, why the *** are you even in this thread? Keep your glitches for the griefing if that's why you play this game. Things like this don't need to be stated in the rules, it's common sense really.

Sorry for the rant, but it just bugs me that people would even be interested in something like this if they just want to BS (bull sh*t, not backstab) other players all day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:55 am