Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
BeeSeaEss
twilightwarwolf
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
robsthedon
Tolvo
Saturday-Saint
Mobfather187
Nasurek
Murkulanvippi
LunarFog
reim0027
WyrmHero
Ahhotep1
Sir-flicker
LoreFF
drmuto
lonewolf
Rudmed
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Reaperfan
Ghadis_God
Myztyrio
Cabjoy
T-King-667
Carphil
RANT
ExecutionerTri
bunnywink
Soris Ice Goldwing
tinypantha
Avenger649
Emergence
Hydreigon11
Red Rosie
40 posters

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave... - Page 4 Empty Re: Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Post by Hydreigon11 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Btw are there any times for this yet? Nice to know when not to go out etc. (hell who am I kidding, dark souls is my life lol)
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave... - Page 4 Empty Re: Xbox + PS3 fight club SL100, only for the brave...

Post by Red Rosie Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Cabjoy wrote:Let me point out that Rosie and Emergence have already said this is being organised so people can have a laid back, easy to access arena for PvP so we can all have a good time, and they can hopefully get some good footage of it.

If anyone really wants to come in to a fight club like this bearing TWoD and other spellswap glitches, why the *** are you even in this thread? Keep your glitches for the griefing if that's why you play this game. Things like this don't need to be stated in the rules, it's common sense really.

Sorry for the rant, but it just bugs me that people would even be interested in something like this if they just want to BS (bull sh*t, not backstab) other players all day.

So true!

Also @Tolvo i didnt address glitches because this wiki is very against them, so assumed that no one here would talk about them. Im not going to ammend the rules because then there would be more than 8 lol.

It kind of goes without saying that a FC on the forums would be against glitching (spell swapping etc) But like I said, I wont be salty and bish about people who break rules, even that one - Ill just make a feature out of them dying and they will be shamed on youtube lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Is dead angling a go?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Tolvo wrote:Is dead angling a go?

I dont't see why it wouldn't. Chainstabbing is what is bugging me, since you really can't do much if you're 2 handing your weapon or don't use a shield in the offhand for parrying. The other option is facing the opponent and do nothing, maybe attacking for a counter bs, either way the guy gets a free hit. But dead angling, is not so easy to do, it requieres some skills, and scythes do them all the time with the running attack.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Well that's why I wanted to ask, I assume they are allowed but I want to be sure. Otherwise I'll have to do my best without them when using certain weapons...No Shiva of the East.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Reastically youll never stop people dead angling as its so easily done by accident when playing locked off, plus theres nothing I hate more than wimpy fight clubs with too many rules like "Must bow, no TWOP, no spam, no BS, no FUN!"

(no offense to anyone here who hosts those)

But this is my thread dammit!!

So if people want to dead angle then im fine with that, opponents can learn to deal with it or GTFO

As far as chainstabbing is concerned, this will be mostly 3 way fights, so good luck chainstabbing with another player on your back. When its down to the last 2 its same rule as above - learn to deal with it or GTFO. Back to the same point as before, if someone plays like an utter scrub, they will look silly on Emergence's stream, or they wont make my video - I would HOPE that was incentive enough to play creative

If Murgence wants to change the rules for the PS3 version thats up to him =)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm

DA is fine, when would it not be? We just didn't make anything explicitly forbidden (other than glitches) like chains because we wanted a wide open, casual feel, but to be honest good luck pulling off a chain in a 1v1v1. If you can make it fly, power to ya.

Last edited by Emergence on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Dang.

Nice ninja Rosie...
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm

WyrmHero wrote:

I dont't see why it wouldn't. Chainstabbing is what is bugging me, since you really can't do much if you're 2 handing your weapon or don't use a shield in the offhand for parrying. The other option is facing the opponent and do nothing, maybe attacking for a counter bs, either way the guy gets a free hit. But dead angling, is not so easy to do, it requieres some skills, and scythes do them all the time with the running attack.

There are so many options vs. chain BS's it's not even funny. The only reason people think chainstabbing is unbeatable is because instead of taking the time to learn how to beat it, people just shouted at chainstabbers until they stopped.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Emergence wrote:DA is fine, when would it not be? We just didn't make anything explicitly forbidden (other than glitches) like chains because we wanted a wide open, casual feel, but to be honest good luck pulling off a chain in a 1v1v1. If you can make it fly, power to ya.

Wait, it's gonna be free for all? I thought we were dueling....
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 pm

FFA mixed in with duels. Rosie linked the vid from her first event in the OP which shows the format. I offered to provide a companion event on PS3 so that PS3 players could have a chance at some outside the box fighting.
    Nasurek
    Nasurek

Post by Nasurek Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 am

Im sad, I spent until 6:30 AM trying to get my character ready from scratch then 4 hours today, and although I made it to the kiln I still need a Buck ton of souls to get to lv 100 and upgrade my equipment, and kiln invasions aren't cutting it.

D:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 am

Depending on what you need I might be able to help you out tonight with armour and weapons Nasu, are you on PS3 or the box?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 am

Nasurek wrote:Im sad, I spent until 6:30 AM trying to get my character ready from scratch then 4 hours today, and although I made it to the kiln I still need a Buck ton of souls to get to lv 100 and upgrade my equipment, and kiln invasions aren't cutting it.

D:
    Invade forest. One kill on a max-level host and you get ~800k souls. Or sit around Burg. that's what I always do. You get like 10 - 20k souls per match.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

sooo... this is sometime this weekend? i'll try and attend on ps3 if i don't have to much on my plate... also its a 3 day weekend here due to mlk day does the third day matter or, due to the international nature of the combatants, not?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 am

I'll be available Saturday EST, likely starting around midday, 1 PM. We will work out a chatroom option to make summoning easier and such.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Ohhh, this will be midday? :|
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

Not just midday, I'll be available starting at 1 and then I will be hosting on off for the rest of the day into the evening, taking breaks here and there. Figured I would stretch it out to accomodate different time zones and obligations.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 am

Ohhh, okay. I will probably drop by sometime in the evening then. :o

Hopefully I don't miss too much of the action!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am

Damn, my not-presently-working XBL... :x
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

As a note streaming may wind up making it difficult to get three in so I may just decide to focus on recording and putting together a nice highlight reel. I'll play it by ear.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey all,

Murgence mentioned a chatroom for us all to use, ive made one ready : http://darksoulsrosie.chatango.com/

Ill be there from mid day tomorrow (Roughly 18 hours from now) so do log in, these kind of things are much more fun when we can all talk during it =)

If you need anything at all before then, get me on RedRosieSugar.Chatango.Com

Ill let Murgence decide if he wants to post his chatango lol
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm

EmergenceDS.Chatango.Com

Now don't be changoin' me between the hours of 4AM and 6AM. That's Murgence's time!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm

^lol dat profile description
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm

silly

I can't take credit for it. Gubbey scribed it as a gift for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am