Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
IV_Mark_VI
Soris Ice Goldwing
Oh_the_Humanity
Samurainova
GenericUsername
Odinbear
Yukon
Reaperfan
Sloth9230
Infighter
Ashran
Cjfthistle
The Letter X
WandererReece
Spurgun
Animaaal
Noob-of-Artorias
Jester's Tears
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
lalliman
Seignar
26 posters

Ring you seldom use!

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Ring you seldom use! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ring you seldom use!

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:19 am

GenericUsername wrote:Calamity Ring hurr durr

wussy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 am

Rusted iron ring. Literally just found out about it a few days ago on this here forums. Just goes to show that 1000 hours in and dark souls still has mysteries lying around every corner happy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am

Wow. All that time never knowing about the rusted ring. I would've gone mad by now. silly
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 am

Oh my dear sir, your already mad. in fact, we are ALL MAD! I mean, we are dark souls players after all, we all lost our sanity quite some time ago. Am i right? Am i right? NEEEEHEEHEHEHEHEHEEHE!!!!!
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 am

BTsR has saved my *** a few times when at low levels.
    Some things are made to truly benefit more at lower levels.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Cursebite Ring.

Only wear it for Seath and then not again until I have to fight Seath again on another NG.

It's really useful for dragons. Getting through the depths or down to ash lake without it can be very dangerous.

You probably mean on NG+ and beyond, right? Because you wouldn't even have the Dragon Body the first time going down the Hollow.

I've never used the BTS, any of the stoneplate rings or the sun princess ring.

EDIT: Damn, this one came out a little weird... :|

Well, the OP talked about rings you don't use/use very rarely, not rings you never use in NG+.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 am

I got to ask what's the point of the princess ring?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 am

I too find the cursebite ring relatively useless.

I don't get how people can have such problems with basilisks and curses.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 am

BTSR is ok for the start of the game; your defence is only around 50 at that point anyway, so an extra 50 is actually useful and has saved me a bunch of times. Quickly your defence goes higher (after gargoyles when you have access to shards) and then the BTSR loses any value.

Stoneplate rings are situational but all of them are useful for certain places in PvE. Actually a lot of rings fall into this category.

Every ring has some use; Tiny Beings is a free HP increase at the start of the game; I'd recommend it for someone just starting the game out. Old Witch's Ring is just for a bit of added background; after talking to Queelag's Sister once I doubt you've put it back on.

Soft humanity is good protection against curses; if you don't have any soft humanity, then it's not that hard to get cursed for inexperiened players. I was cursed once; it sucked. Good thing I was reading all the items merchants had for sale and knew what I had to go buy; getting out of the depths to go buy it was a huge pain for me though.

The point of the princess ring is to increase the chances of miracle synergy; since you're asking what's the point of it, I'm going to assume you play on the PS3. Miracle rings are common on the Xbox.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 am

GenericUsername wrote:I too find the cursebite ring relatively useless.

I don't get how people can have such problems with basilisks and curses.

Most people can't go through the depths with high curse resistance without the ring on the 1st playthrough.

IV Mark VI wrote:Soft humanity is good protection against curses; if you don't have any soft humanity, then it's not that hard to get cursed for inexperiened players.

Dido, I went down there on my first playthrough. I thought, "What's that gray cloud? Crap! I died. OMG I LOST HALF MY HEALTH! Well I probably can't get cursed again. OMG I GOT CURSED AGAIN! I'll finish exploring the area and get out. OMG I GOT CURSED 3 TIMES! WHATS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!"

I only had 1/8 of my health. Somehow I still escaped the depths and gave snuggly a cracked red eye orb.

Even now I'll sometimes get cursed if I don't have high curse resistance. Thank goodness that ring is in the game.

Ring you seldom use! - Page 2 932657698 = Worst prank (trap, enemy, cruel nightmare) ever.

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I got to ask what's the point of the princess ring?

I always give that to snuggly. lol!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I got to ask what's the point of the princess ring?

It's basically a resonance ring in ring form - that sounds redundant. It gives your miracles that extra "oomph."
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 pm

[quote="WandererReece"]
    GenericUsername wrote:.

IV Mark VI wrote:Soft humanity is good protection against curses; if you don't have any soft humanity, then it's not that hard to get cursed for inexperiened players.

Dido, I went down there on my first playthrough. I thought, "What's that gray cloud? Crap! I died. OMG I LOST HALF MY HEALTH! Well I probably can't get cursed again. OMG I GOT CURSED AGAIN! I'll finish exploring the area and get out. OMG I GOT CURSED 3 TIMES! WHATS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!"

I only had 1/8 of my health. Somehow I still escaped the depths and gave snuggly a cracked red eye orb.

I always give that to snuggly. lol!

Nicely written. Lol. I was giggling the whole time, especially the "WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME" part. Too funny. :pirat:
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I no longer wear the Ring of Favor and Protection. It has great advantages, but it also has its disadvantages.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:34 am

Marionx wrote:I no longer wear the Ring of Favor and Protection. It has great advantages, but it also has its disadvantages.
    i usually use the FAP ring at lower levels, and even then it's mostly for the endurance boost. once i level up a bit, i'll remove it.

i rarely use the DWG ring. like someone said earlier, it went from OP to worthless. if you're light enough to use it, then you don't NEED it anymore. i only really use it now when i don't have anything that's particularly useful at that point. (i'm also really glad i'm not seeing a havel flip around anymore)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 am

DWGR is hardly useless, it has the fastest recovery time, covers the most ground(I think) and has the most invincibility frames. Actually hurting someone wearing that damn thing is a pain in the butt.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am

I've tried out a lot of rings, found many of them useful at times. Slumbering Dragoncrest ring is cruel against Seath, and Evil Eye is useful when you don't want to waste any estus on the way to a boss fight.

Aside from Covenant specific ring though, the two I've never used are the Dusk Crown Ring (I didn't like being cursed, why would I wear that!?) and the ring of Favor and Protection - I switch rings so often I don't really want one that would instantly break....
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:DWGR is hardly useless, it has the fastest recovery time, covers the most ground(I think) and has the most invincibility frames. Actually hurting someone wearing that damn thing is a pain in the butt.

That's true, but I still don't think it merrits a ring slot, but that's just my opinion.

Also, I never wear the east wood grain ring, but that's because I don't use crystal weapons.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:DWGR is hardly useless, it has the fastest recovery time, covers the most ground(I think) and has the most invincibility frames. Actually hurting someone wearing that damn thing is a pain in the butt.

That's true, but I still don't think it merrits a ring slot, but that's just my opinion.

Also, I never wear the east wood grain ring, but that's because I don't use crystal weapons.

I also still has mad love for da DWGR, it warrants a slot with me all the time.

I don't think the East Wood Grain Ring is even warranted when using crystal weapons, unless you're equipping it for pve...but not really even then.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 am

i think the only time i'd use DWGR now is alongside havel's ring. it needed to nerf, but i really can't find myself using it anymore.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=430459210671168837

It's great on casters.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 am

Jester's Tears wrote:Cloranthy Ring.

I'VE NEVER USED IT. I knew it exsited but i never got it. Over 999:99:9 Hours and i still haven't used it.

I use the cloranthy ring on most of my pvp builds lmao. I got to say the stoneplate rings... they should have worked like the bite rings and raised your defense by a percentage, not a small set number... After sl 30 or so, your defenses are to the point where the stone rings only raise the defense by like 10% and the higher the defense get the more useless the rings are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:27 am