Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Hugh_G_Johnson
Demon Slayer
ChillerHR
dantheman123
Ghadis_God
Yukon
EeAyEss
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
KusaiCharlz
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hydreigon11
Acarnatia
Rudmed
BeeSeaEss
twilightwarwolf
robsthedon
vatar5
Sentiel
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
LordRevan
Tolvo
RANT
Ahhotep1
28 posters

Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 Empty Re: Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

Post by ChillerHR Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 pm

...ok, I'm here invading 'cause no one is lifting me ever, but no organized crew waiting ever...only n00bs or bridge gankers...there's this faqing guy on the bridge...can't get him...he's WoG spamming at the spawn spot...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 Empty Re: Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Try reloading your game to get on a different server. Jump on the chat too; links are in the OP.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks Hugh for helping out with info. I have been on 3 tango chats and a psn chat (some couldn't get on skype) so forum slipped my mind...sorry! My brain is slightly fried LOL

But Thanks a heap!!
    General Chat is where all the action is.
    Most have gravitated to sl 100.
    It quieted down for a bit...people taking a break.
    But its starting pick up again.
    I am taking a break currently.
    So, guys jump into the FUN!! if ya want...just go to general chat and let them know who you are...so they don't think your a random. Also, its in general chat where teams will call out what they need (rss, wss or vader)

Chiller, you did manage to vade one of our teams...they asked about you and I told them that your in the event!!

Key phrase for this event: HAVE FUN!!!!!! big grin

STILL 6 HOURS LEFT to go for the Event!!
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 pm

i wish i could have been part of the event! but i got to duel a few people in the event which was cool! but it was a great time from what i hear good job!
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Ah, yes. My head doth hurt from playing so much yesterday and today both, though the hour of my resting last night adds to this.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am

Less then an hour left! I won't be here for the last hour. But all has quieted. Good Games All Around!!! This has been a learning experience for me. Next Guerrilla Warfare Event will have some changes that will make it much better! Thanks to everyone who participated!!!
    cheers

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 am

more like thank you for have this done as it was very fun XD
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:43 am

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 1330857165 Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 1330857165 Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 1330857165
    got back from volunteering late and fell asleep waiting to be summoned.... 7 hours ago...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 am

:eye-death:

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 3022602407 GRAVELORDS IN THE NEXT EVENT! Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 3022602407

ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:05 am

@Ahhotep1

OK, I hope I did good with that invasion...although not once I teamed up with another like me and took 2 min advantage...it's just all the gankers...
    Well it'll be better next time, thanks for the info you all big grin
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 am

Good event Ahho
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am

sad Coudn't stay long and there wasn't a lot of persons onlie at the beginning.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am

What a great event it was, had so much fun. Ggs everybody. I know we had to wait sometimes to get all four on the same world but thats understandable cause of p2p system. You can only be connected to a certain amount of people at the same time. And a lot of times we had too many host for the amount of participants but i think next time we have a better success with that. happy

Funniest moments were when Fin bactabbed his fellow red phanthom Ahho to death in the middle of an intense fight against me and Robs. lol! And the time when Rob stabbed me. And when when fighting Rob and Try-chu where wow of silence is found, they both fell to their death from the steps. lol! Just hope someone would have recorded some of the fights in the event.

All and all awesome event Ahho. Thank you for arranging it. Looking forward to the next one.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

It sounds like fun, and I think I'll join the next event.

PSN: WAND3R3R_R33C3

Level 102 character. I hope that isn't too high.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Apparently among few members there was some misunderstandings concerning the nature of this event. I'm not naming names or pointing at everyone. This is just a reminder. No offense to anyone, no hard feelings.

What this event is not:

- 2v2 fight club
    - A way to measure pvp skills
    - An event where you should worry about using cheap or fair tactics

What this event is:

- A way to have fun
    - A way to gather four forum members in the same world to fight
    - Something different than organized PvP usually is

You do not have to use "cheap" twop/wog setups, you do not have to use the mobs to your advantage, you do not have to gank your opponents. In fact, i didn't see anyone doing anything that is cheap in my opinion, and that is cool. However, you can. This is supposed to be relaxed and something "out of the box". This event offers the "chaotic" experience of random invasions, with people you know.

If that sounds something you don't enjoy, i would suggest you to try regular 2v2s instead. To my understanding, Rifter hosts arena 2v2s quite often. Everyone is welcome, but i want absolutely no complaining about any tactics that are within the rules.

Edit. Oh, and obviously, i am not a leader of any sort. However, this was the original idea when we talked about this with Ahho. Any changes to the rules are up to her and i'm fine with it happy

Last edited by FinPeku on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 pm

So, when shall videos be put up? Wish to see them, I do!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Just checking in, how did the event go?
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Emergence wrote:Just checking in, how did the event go?
    It went pretty well, I got summoned immediately after I put my sign down so I'd say it was consistently active the whole time happy
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:41 pm

WandererReece wrote:It sounds like fun, and I think I'll join the next event.

PSN: WAND3R3R_R33C3

Level 102 character. I hope that isn't too high.

Got your psn friend invite happy PM''d you...You are most welcome to join next event!! Level is fine but don't go higher. Next event is Feb 16. Also, consider joining the Exiled of Ariamis...we are a pretty cool bunch cheers

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Yukon wrote:

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 3022602407 GRAVELORDS IN THE NEXT EVENT! Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 3022602407

Now that you have seen how it works (the event), when it was working good...PM me your ideas on how I can work in Gravelording and I'll see what we can do!!
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

so i guess we are using this thread for the next event?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 pm

FinPeku wrote:Apparently among few members there was some misunderstandings concerning the nature of this event. I'm not naming names or pointing at everyone. This is just a reminder. No offense to anyone, no hard feelings.

What this event is not:

- 2v2 fight club
    - A way to measure pvp skills
    - An event where you should worry about using cheap or fair tactics

What this event is:

- A way to have fun
    - A way to gather four forum members in the same world to fight
    - Something different than organized PvP usually is

You do not have to use "cheap" twop/wog setups, you do not have to use the mobs to your advantage, you do not have to gank your opponents. In fact, i didn't see anyone doing anything that is cheap in my opinion, and that is cool. However, you can. This is supposed to be relaxed and something "out of the box". This event offers the "chaotic" experience of random invasions, with people you know.

If that sounds something you don't enjoy, i would suggest you to try regular 2v2s instead. To my understanding, Rifter hosts arena 2v2s quite often. Everyone is welcome, but i want absolutely no complaining about any tactics that are within the rules.

Edit. Oh, and obviously, i am not a leader of any sort. However, this was the original idea when we talked about this with Ahho. Any changes to the rules are up to her and i'm fine with it happy

BRAVO!!!! Fin! Well said...

Dueler's...this was not an event for you, sorry. And as said, there are other opportunities elsewhere to do the usual 1v1 or 2v2. Thanks!

The main point of this event is to HAVE FUN!! and LAUGH YOUR *** OFF!! at some of the crazy stuff that can happen...as it did repeatedly lol!

Also, you will be surprised at how good you get when its "almost anything goes".

For the most part most everyone appeared to have a Jolly Good Time!!

Once I fix the inherent "problems" that I noticed...next event will be even better!!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Acarnatia wrote:So, when shall videos be put up? Wish to see them, I do!

Patience, my friend...Yukon did us a big favor even though he had other stuff "on his plate" to take care of. They will be up soon....cause I can't wait either (but I will LOL).
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Emergence wrote:Just checking in, how did the event go?

All in All...it went well. It was a "first" test run for this event since it was including a lot more people (I'm pretty sure) then the usual "Guerrilla Warfare" concept has worked with before. Part of my "job" was to find the "problems"...which there were. LOL

Solutions are already in the works!!

Most people had a lot of FUN when it "clicked"...so the potential for an "AWESOME FUN" event is there...just needs to be tweaked.

And...Oh, dear! How to work in GL if I can...talking to you Yukon! big grin

Next time I would like to see your godliness participate E! Along with the other Deified Pantheon members twisted
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm

I actually didn't get a lot of video of the fights I got into sadly, most of it bugged out and came out really laggy and jumpy or it just didn't record properly! AHG, I will be uploading what I do have sometime over the week though. But, I am a bit busy.. so probably around.. Thursday?

As for the Gravelord event, it should be easy to do. We had way too many hosts. I think there should be maybe 3 or 4 main hosts, based on how much action the event had this time. Interest may grow over time too. If there is a surplus anyone willing could help with hosting, but the designated hosts should be in NG+ preferably, to ease infection. Even better you could have these hosts make efforts to 'perma-graveloard' their areas. I'm sure we have more than a few hiding gravelords on the forums willing to help out with that Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 7 3022602407

These aren't really ideas directly linked to how I saw the event working, but basic gravelording knowledge we've gotten over time.
    1. Hosts should be in NG+ to increase infection rate.
    2. White phantoms or red phantoms can cause an infection after infiltrating a hosts world.
    3. Host and their white will have 10 minutes to deal with the infection before it fades.

From what I saw though, most people engaged in about 4-5 minutes. Meaning the 10 minute limit should be sufficient. The host will have to make a point of resting at bonfires after each fight though. Still, this is something we could iron out as we go. I'm not sure what the turn out for the next event will be like, but it wouldn't hurt to just experiment and fix stuff as we see it not working.

Other than that, will all these events be in the painting or do you plan on going to other locations as well?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:44 am