Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Hugh_G_Johnson
Demon Slayer
ChillerHR
dantheman123
Ghadis_God
Yukon
EeAyEss
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
KusaiCharlz
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hydreigon11
Acarnatia
Rudmed
BeeSeaEss
twilightwarwolf
robsthedon
vatar5
Sentiel
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
LordRevan
Tolvo
RANT
Ahhotep1
28 posters

Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 8 Empty Re: Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:02 pm

YuKon...you did what you could and better then not at all. Your efforts are appreciated!!! When you have time is time enough for us! As for Gl'ing...I will need to think on this. Maybe put together a little "test" run (non-event) first!
    cheers

@ TW...no this thread will most likely end. Not sure, yet.

I do want CONSTRUCTIVE critique on the event!! I know what I saw that didn't work! I would like to hear from the rest of you who participated (no "arm-chair critiques!!) THANKS!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Exiled of Ariamis'  "GUERRILLA WARFARE"  EVENT !!!!  - Page 8 Empty Re: Exiled of Ariamis' "GUERRILLA WARFARE" EVENT !!!!

Post by RANT Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:14 pm

GL'ing people would be awesome but the host has to be on ng+. also i think you only get skellies in the painted world, maybe we could do it in a different spot, depths butchers are awesome to fight or have as backup, also new londo woulld be good, those dws are so damn op.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:20 pm

in pw you get some extra tough toxic dudes skeleies and i think some birds? ik the first 2 is right dik bout the birds
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 pm

TW is right, there are BP plagues torch bearers and pyromancers and also the skels, but there are no harpys.

I have to agree with rant, new londo would be a blast, there's tons of places to fall and plenty of mobs. One thing I noticed is that some hosts didn't have the full area unlocked (I was one of them until try-chu jumped down my throat about it). This could limit the invader, but it also sometimes made the hide-and-seek part of the event take quite awhile. One problem I found with the painting is that there aren't a lot of deadly drops, on the other hand, I liked how many narrow hallways there were. I certainly learned of a few shortcuts I hadn't known about before while playing. I'd like to try new areas though, unless this is a covenant specific thing and the exiles prefer it remains in the painting.

As for the grave lording, if you want to meet up sometime and test it out send me a PM and we can try to organize something, i'm sure a few people here would be willing to act as guinea pigs as well.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't have any builds in ng+ but I could take my bk build to ng+ if people are really down for this and I can host, it would make the vaders job more fun and easier, the host team would actually be the most fun imo.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:24 pm

o too could also take my builds too ng+ if the need b
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I can continue on into the next NG (NG+++++) and host. I can't video, though.
    Anyways, I thought of the New Londo Ruins as well. That will require players to use his or her self-buff on Transient curses (or use specific cursed weapons) which is really unfair to some builds. I'm not saying no-I'm just pointing this out. Are there any other areas that we can use later that then penalize other types of builds to even things out? The Tomb of Giants requires the use (generally) of a light source. We can ban the use of the Sunlight maggot to force players to use either a lantern or the spell Light as recompense for New Londo. (and so on)
    I also think the Catacombs can serve well for guerrilla warfare. The number of potential (and deadliness regardless of NG level) make it well suited for it, though the need for divine weapons may be a put-off. (or a way of making another penalizing area)
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

and how was the event?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I am listening to everyone's input...and ideas are budding like spring flowers. cheers

No, this event will not be limited to the Painted World!! Since I have made this an "open" event...everyone is Welcome! The Exiled are the Hosts of this type of event but I can and would like to incorporate the cooperation of other coves in future events!!!

But remember...this not just a Covenant Section specific event. I hope to see more people from other parts of the Forum and Wiki participate.

And...I would really like to see the xbox and (perhaps?) the pc platforms have an opportunity!!! (my xbox people kinda got left in the cold)

Whatever happens I intend on refining this type of event...it's an on-going project!!! cheers
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:Got your psn friend invite happy PM''d you...You are most welcome to join next event!! Level is fine but don't go higher. Next event is Feb 16. Also, consider joining the Exiled of Ariamis...we are a pretty cool bunch cheers

How did 23 get stuck in my head? I'll join on the 16th. lol!

I know I can't really suggest anything yet, but the Catacombs suggestion sounded good. The bridges could be rotated to drop players.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:Got your psn friend invite happy PM''d you...You are most welcome to join next event!! Level is fine but don't go higher. Next event is Feb 16. Also, consider joining the Exiled of Ariamis...we are a pretty cool bunch cheers

How did 23 get stuck in my head? I'll join on the 16th. lol!

I know I can't really suggest anything yet, but the Catacombs suggestion sounded good. The bridges could be rotated to drop players.

Share all ideas!! One never knows....it might be a "gem" in the rough!!!

To all people PM me if that's more comfortable for you happy
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am

umm i believe this will get shot down but i have thought it may be fun to do izalith last spot. specially in lava but thats juts me or the archives that could really be interesting specially in the crystal cave and its invisble area's
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 am

izalith would be awesome, there's a couple of good ambush spots but it's kinda busy there. also, 2 mins is too long to wait for the red team, 30 secs is enough or you could just let them go and have them tell you when theyre ready which shouldnt take more than 30 secs really.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 am

I found I hardly waited the 2 minutes, maybe only about 1 or less and then I got fidgety, seemed like red team got pretty far off and found some nice spots by that point, as an invader sometimes it was painful to find the right spot and set myself up only to wait for what seemed like forever. I don't think the painting is big enough to warrant such a waiting period.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:10 am

also damnit if the painted world kinda sucks for str builds, all those hallways and tight spaces made my DGM bounce a lot.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Alright, everyone!!! I really want to thank all of you for your suggestions. They were good ones, indeed!

cheers

I have decided to "re-use" this thread for next event on Feb 16th.

I will make changes (in the "problem" areas..for sure) to some of the basic operating aspects of the event and have it up at some point today. Probably later this evening.

I will delete the names in the "Participant Roster" so we can start fresh. I will tell you now there will be only one soul level on Feb 16th and that will be sl 100 (since so many showed with a 100). The other sl's got some action but not enough to make it worth their time and effort and to make it FUN for them. In the future, however, other soul levels will be chosen...just to mix it up a bit.

Again, for next event on Feb 16 we will be doing soul level 100 only.

Also, there will be "designated" Hosts...who, I promise, will get a break so that they can mix it up too!! Or eat food, walk the dog, or please the BF, GF, Husband, Wife, or Parents cause you have been playing way too long...ya know! happy

The xbox people who came and really tried to stick it out kinda got left in the cold. I am working on this and will try hard to make this event a better experience for you guys, as well!

Hmmm...some other changes, too.

Coffee!

Lastly and it will be last...is location change. I won't promise anything yet but I am listening to all suggestions. I do need to ask Fex a few things which I haven't done yet. This event is on the PSN Event Calender so I just want to touch base with her about a few changes.

Also, if there is a location change for this and (definitely) future "Guerrilla Warfare" events I will Honor all Covenant's/Clan's established "domains"...so to speak. Which means I will ask for their "blessing". It is how we have done things in the Covenant Section since I've been here and I will not disrespect that for my convenience.
    However, since this is a Forum and Wiki Wide event that is open to all I really do not foresee any problems. After all...the Meta Covenant/Clan is our Forum and Wiki in a way.

Duel

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey Ahho, DxVega just posted a very similar event for the 23rd, it could be a good stepping stone to see how the gravelord infection works with your event. Are you thinking of maybe doing a warfare event in Anor Londo at the same day? Since the two events are in the same vein. It could really boost the turn out for both of these events and I'm sure we'd see some lovely black phantoms as a result!
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17847-gravelords-in-anor-londo-what-a-horrible-night-to-have-a-curse

If you need me as a host I can certainly try to put myself up there most weekends. Hopefully I'll get my video recorder working like regular before the next event as well.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    WandererReece wrote: How did 23 get stuck in my head? I'll join on the 16th. lol!

Share all ideas!! One never knows....it might be a "gem" in the rough!!!

To all people PM me if that's more comfortable for you happy

I was just refering to the fact I never participated in the event before.

Yukon wrote:Hey Ahho, DxVega just posted a very similar event for the 23rd

There's where 23rd came from! Thanks Yukon, I thought I was going crazy. lol!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Yukon wrote:Hey Ahho, DxVega just posted a very similar event for the 23rd, it could be a good stepping stone to see how the gravelord infection works with your event. Are you thinking of maybe doing a warfare event in Anor Londo at the same day? Since the two events are in the same vein. It could really boost the turn out for both of these events and I'm sure we'd see some lovely black phantoms as a result!
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17847-gravelords-in-anor-londo-what-a-horrible-night-to-have-a-curse

If you need me as a host I can certainly try to put myself up there most weekends. Hopefully I'll get my video recorder working like regular before the next event as well.

Thanks for the Heads-Up on this and it does look interesting but....

There is no relationship between these two events!! I want to emphasize this to avoid confusion!!

Besides it is a different type of event reminiscent of the Gravelord Tour....

I have decided to not complicate the "Guerrilla Warfare" event with GL'ing at this time until I am satisfied with how the Guerrilla Warfare event runs. Then maybe later.... happy

Next Guerrilla Warfare Event is Feb 16th!!! cheers
    Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 am

I misse this T-T
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 am

I have decided to make a New Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Search and Destroy Event thread. It will be up momentarily!
    (in about an hour probably)

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:25 am

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED...Please go to new Guerrilla Thread to post and sign up cheers

New Thread link:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18045-guerrilla-warfare-2v2-event-search-and-destroy#350872

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:17 am