Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Forum Pirate
Acarnatia
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Johnthethird
8 posters

A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty.

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty. Empty A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty.

Post by Johnthethird Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 pm

In my opinion, it should be much more difficult to switch between covenants. The covenants should represent different ideologies and beliefs, and they should be told outright so there are no confusions. Also, they should all be somehow related to either PVP, or Co-Op and have distinct Cannon and Moral reasons to do what they are doing.

Last edited by Johnthethird on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty. Empty Re: A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Don't they already have all those things, aside from the difficulty in switching out of them?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty. Empty Re: A way to boost covenant pride and loyalty.

Post by Acarnatia Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:00 pm

I also hope covenants become more in-depth and meaningful. On the morality, though, FromSoft obviously enjoys Black and Grey morality, as do I. I really hope the moral implications remain ambiguous.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I also hope covenants become more in-depth and meaningful. On the morality, though, FromSoft obviously enjoys Black and Grey morality, as do I. I really hope the moral implications remain ambiguous.
    I know what you mean, but the individual covenants could each represent a different set of moral beliefs, and it could be up to the player to decide which is right, and if they are honest.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't they already have all those things, aside from the difficulty in switching out of them?
    Well, they don't have much in the way of moral justification or loyalty for all of them. For example, the forest hunters are supposed to protect the grave of artorias, but then they defile it themselves.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm

But that's just the player making personal decisions within his/her own game. Lore-wise Forest Hunters are not allowed to set foot in Artorias' grave/Sif's arena.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    Acarnatia wrote:I also hope covenants become more in-depth and meaningful. On the morality, though, FromSoft obviously enjoys Black and Grey morality, as do I. I really hope the moral implications remain ambiguous.
    I know what you mean, but the individual covenants could each represent a different set of moral beliefs, and it could be up to the player to decide which is right, and if they are honest.
    Yeah, thats how it is now, but the morals of each group are ambiguous and open to interpretation (like all morals really)
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am

I feel like they have all the things the OP outlined. . .
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 am

I've always maintained that the different covenants should in the next game (in whatever form they are) be 2 things different to how they are presented now:

1. Commitment to a covenant is more important, and leaving it has greater consequences. This can be done in a number of ways, though I usually use point 2 to make this idea applied.

2. Each covenant should have it's own set of weapons, armour, rings and maybe spells that only members of the covenant can use. I'd argue that 'top level' equipment such as the uchi, lifehunt scythe, demon weapons, cov related magics etc should be limited to covenants where possible, leaving some good, but not quite 'top level' equipment for neutral purposes such as the boss weapons (not ones obtained through covenants), black knight weapons, falchion, bandits knife etc.

In my opinion, limiting the best equipment to different covenants would increase diversity in the online play. I dunno about you guys, but i'm sick of seeing mix and matches of the best stuff all on one toon and it **** on diversity.

I'd love to see the covenant system become more in depth also, if of course FROM choose to keep using the covenant idea, its not exactly set in stone.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

Also, you could add very specific penalties for abandoning a covenant.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Also, you could add very specific penalties for abandoning a covenant.

I'd like some of these, but i'm unsure as to what kind of penalties would be appropriate to exact.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I'd like it if each covenant had a group of "traitor hunters" that could invade people who have forsaken the covenant.

Seems like they were already going that route with the abandoned Shiva storyline.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm

I don't think it should be made harder to abandon covenants, as one's belief can switch very easily and it doesn't take long for treachery to happen. Instead, covenants should have harsher punishments for abandoning. The chariot enemy is an example of this, although how severe of a punishment he really is has yet to be determined.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:43 am