Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
KingSeekerCow
Tolvo
Gods_Twilight
Isirith
BIG TIME MASTER
Back Lot Basher
Mike5005005
Uparkaam
Carphil
WandererReece
psychichobo
Hue
Gazman0169
Metalien
User1
kazumoshi
raecor14
barrywilkins
Alex_Fairhurst
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
BagerX2
LunarFog
Samurainova
28 posters

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls Empty Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 am

This is open to any souls game, but, what is the most disturbing thing about Dark or Demon souls to you? What unsettles you the most about either game?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls Empty Re: Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am

Hmm...I didn't like how in Demon souls there was a theory that everyone lied and manipulated you except for the one crazy guy you ignored because he was well...crazy.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls Empty Re: Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Post by BagerX2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 am

It ends...

Anyway most disturbing thing to me is how either way the serpents controling you win. You burn and they win, you start the age of man and they win.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 am

Plague babies.

What

The

Fudge!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 am

I find the Piascas to be one of the most disturbing things in the Souls series. The fact that they used to be women makes it much worse.

I freaked out when I first saw the plague babies in Demon Souls. I still don't go down into those waters when I'm fighting Astraea.
    Alex_Fairhurst
    Alex_Fairhurst

Post by Alex_Fairhurst Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 am

Tower of Latria
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am

I'd have to say its all them cosplayers. Seriously, you murder a guy/gal in cold blood, take their stuff and wear it like a coat! You're sick and should be put down for the good of (my) humanity. Let's not even get into how we let Quelaags sissypoo think we're her because we have her soul on us.

For in-game things, I'd have to say the Octopus guards in Demon's Soul's still keep me on my feet even to this day. For Dark Souls, I'd say its those lightning ghosts in New Londo. Someone pointed out that they're holding babies, which more than implies that the Sealers were willing to let even babies drown to stop the Darkwraiths.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 am

Alex_Fairhurst wrote:Tower of Latria
    this is so true. but Vally of defilement comes in close second. just everything about those places is made to make your squirm.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Alex_Fairhurst wrote:Tower of Latria
    this is so true. but Vally of defilement comes in close second. just everything about those places is made to make your squirm.
    Yes to both of you.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 am

The dialogue Beatrice gives you with the cap on is pretty horrific. The idea of being raped over and over by the fat merchant of all things. *shudder*
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 am

The black ghost type things in the Chasm of the Abyss. They just look so... forlorn. Also, you're in a dark place, and they have scary glowing eyes.
    Metalien

Post by Metalien Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 am

Backstabbing the boar with a naked fist.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 am

GrinTwist wrote:I find the Piascas to be one of the most disturbing things in the Souls series. The fact that they used to be women makes it much worse.

Hearing the two at the back cry, and seeing how submissive they are, is a bit of an eye-opener!

But for me the most disturbing thing is how two perfectly innocent looking games could so easily take over my life! lol
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 am

kazumoshi wrote:The dialogue Beatrice gives you with the cap on is pretty horrific. The idea of being raped over and over by the fat merchant of all things. *shudder*

Wha? :shock:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 am

Metalien wrote:Backstabbing the boar with a naked fist.

Nah, for me it wouldn't be the first time I've fisted a pig! lol
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 am

Gazman0169 wrote:

tmi 🇳🇴 ............... :pale:

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:42 am

lol
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 am

Gazman0169 wrote:

When was the other time?
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 pm

The most disturbing thing for me was how the game seems to have a prejudice against Priscilla. Antithesis to all life? Abomination who had no place in this world? It's a bit harsh considering she's the only boss who lets you go free, and just wants to be left alone. Even Gwyndolin gets all huffy just cos you went slightly near a giant empty coffin.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

I think Priscilla is intended to contrast what Anor Londo devolved into. She's painted (get it? ha ha ha) as the opposite of the power brokers/movers and shakers of the Anor Londo pantheon. She's a wretch, an outcast, the worst of the worst in their opinion ("their" indicating Anor Londo peeps, not From).

Turns out she's pretty nice. So in reality, she's there for commentary about what the rest of them became.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 pm

psychichobo wrote:The most disturbing thing for me was how the game seems to have a prejudice against Priscilla. Antithesis to all life? Abomination who had no place in this world? It's a bit harsh considering she's the only boss who lets you go free, and just wants to be left alone.

Actually, that's very similar to real life.

Also, dido on the Tower of Latria. I especially thought the giant heart was somewhat creepy.

The Maiden Astria boss fight was also disturbing. She keeps telling you to stop the whole time you fight her.

kazumoshi wrote:The dialogue Beatrice gives you with the cap on is pretty horrific. The idea of being raped over and over by the fat merchant of all things. *shudder*

You mean Yuria? I thought they only beat her.

Last edited by WandererReece on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My great spelling!)
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Mimics chests.

It took a loooooong time for me to get near another chest after meeting my first mimic
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 pm

The "Create Similar Face" thing in the character creation with the slider set all the way to the right.

On a more serious note: the Tower of Latria.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm

You actually hit Maiden Astria?! I usually talk to her and let her. . . Well, no spoilers but yet.

Also, the damn White Rats in the PW upset me. . . The sounds they make. D=
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Mike5005005 wrote:You actually hit Maiden Astria?! I usually talk to her and let her. . . Well, no spoilers but yet.

Your post confused me, so I looked her up. I never knew you could do that.

I learn something new every day.

Also, I think I spelled her name wrong. The wiki claims it's "Astraea".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:43 pm