Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Garl_Vinland
KingSeekerCow
steveswede
densetsushun
CappuccinoJak
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
BLA1NE
RANT
Wade_Wilson
Elite Knight
Mr. Tart
17 posters

Dead Space 3

Kyliax
    Kyliax

Dead Space 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Dead Space 3

Post by Kyliax Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Kyliax wrote:I'm very close to finishing the game (solo campaign, normal difficulty), only need to make it through the last fallen pieces leading to, what I assume, the final boss.

So far I'm really loving the game. Yeah, there's universal ammo, and it does get quite action-oriented with the human enemies, but I don't mind them enough to be bothered by it. The only thing I wish there was more of, are the Zero-G areas.

I notice that it hasn't frightened me as often as DS1 and 2 did, but when it scares me, it scares me really well xD This, again, doesn't bother me, because I'm quite the scaredy cat when it comes to horror (I picked up DS specifically to help me with that, and I fell in love with the story).

Now that I'm close to finishing it, I'd love for my next playthrough to be with a co-op buddy, just to explore more of the story and try for some trophies.

All-in-all, 60 euro's not badly spent big grin

Are you on the xbox? :shock:

Edit: Something i feel like they could've done to improve the co-op, is split the players up more. Say John and Isaac fall down a mountain or something and end up falling down to an area where there's a dead giant necromorph blocking their way or a pipe or something, forcing them to make their way back to eachother. I'm not complaining at all, but i feel like this could add some horror to the co-op gameplay.

Edit2: By the way! You guys remember in Dead Space, the secret message you got by taking the first letter of each mission? Do that in Dead Space 3 and you'll get yourself a secret message. winking

Sadly I'm on the PS3!

I live in GTM+1 timezone though if others wanna co-op. Just started my second playthrough on hard big grin
    Kyliax
    Kyliax

Post by Kyliax Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Also, the fangirl in me rejoices with the post-credit audio transmission big grin
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:41 pm

PlasticandRage wrote: The PR's alternate fire in DS1 was absolute garbage. Totally unusable. It was a beast in DS2 though.

TAKE THAT BACK, NO-ONE INSULTS MY RAIFU!
    Spoiler:
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm guessing I've nearly finished the game (**** seems to be going down).

My friend is getting this at the end of the week, but until then I'd love to co-op with someone, I'm on Xbox at good ol' GMT if anyone's interested send me a friend request to my Gamertag, it's in my sig.

I really hate the abseiling parts though, they are really annoyingly crafted and just get me cheap 1 hit killed.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

If you want a co-op partner for XBL just add me. My GT is xFingeR PaiNtx.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 pm

What timezone you in Tart? No point me adding someone who's 12 hours away from me.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:51 pm

GMT+1 if i'm not mistaken. I usually go to bed in about 1h 10m, so we would have some time to play every once in a while, although right now me and bloodpact are doing some co-op around this time of the hour.

I know for sure we'd be able to do co-op on the weekend though. What's the time over your place right now?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote: The PR's alternate fire in DS1 was absolute garbage. Totally unusable. It was a beast in DS2 though.

Spoiler:

Yeah, if you like burning through an entire clip to take out maybe one or two enemies, while the force gun and 2 ammo units was a button press away
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah, if you like burning through an entire clip to take out maybe one or two enemies, while the force gun and 2 ammo units was a button press away

That's why you don't use it when one or two enemies are around, you use it when the whole damn room is filled.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I still think it's a waste. I've tried it a few times, and it shoots just as many rounds into nowhere as it does into enemies, and you'd be obscenely lucky if any of those shots managed to hit limbs, and in the meantime your ammo flushes down the toilet at ludicrous speed. I think that ammo is much better spent using the Pulse Rifle for what it's actually good at, which is blasting limbs quickly, with precision and power, and at enemies who are stacked behind each other, so you can blast away limbs and then hit the ones behind them too. When you're surrounded you can do just as much damage, if not more, with less than one 15 round Force Gun clip, alternating between its alternate fire for clustered enemies at range, mixing the Line Gun with it for posterity, and it's normal fire for when they get close. You can even just let them all get close and take out just as many enemies with one or two shots. IMO if you're consistently putting yourself in a position where there are enough enemies surrounding you to warrant the use of an entire PR clip trying to use it's DS1 alt-fire, then it's your own fault. That's what corners and door bottlenecks are for.

Here, I'm not alone in that thinking either. I'll cite some sources:

Spoiler:
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 pm

This is my favorite Dead Space, by far.

I have been primarily using a Evangelist Shotgun with and under-barrel force gun, with an electricity add-on and eight upgrades. The shotgun one shots almost everything and they don't have to be super close, and anything that gets too close gets put on its butt for an easy kill by the force gun. It's pretty over-powered actually, I have been playing on hard and have only died twice, about 30% of the way finished.

Still, there are so many options. I agree about the plasma cutter, it is under-powered compared to the other weapons. I was using a dual plasma cutter combo, the fast one on top and the regular on bottom for a while, so basically it is a plasma cutter with a huge magazine, but I was having to dump eight shots into each monster, when I could be killing two with one shot from a shotgun.

About the universal ammo, I am glad that I have one less thing to worry about, and it would be a nightmare and take away from the ease of swapping out and trying new gun combos, but I have pretty much had a massive stockpile of ammo the entire game so far. I remember in Dead Space 1 & 2 I was constantly low on ammo. I am going to have to try out the Impossible mode to see if I can get a better challenge there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Yeah, it just makes the most sense with the new weapon system.

The Evangelist Shotty is awesome. I've been using it the whole time too

The save system is so unbelievably bad. I've said my piece about auto-saving, but I also keep reloading in places I've long since beaten. I just turned on the game and loaded up from my last save, and my inventory is all exactly the way it was before, but it started me about 3 quarters of the way through the last chapter I beat, when I turned it off at about 20 minutes into the following chapter. That's the dumbest thing ever. How hard is it to make saves resume where you left off? I've played a lot of games with auto-save systems before, but I've never had this issue. It happens almost every time I load up too. So dumb. It also makes it so that you can pick up all the items again from the places it sends you back to that you've already cleared once, so I can already see people using that to essentially have infinite ammo and health. Co-op's going to be broken before it even has a chance.

So I just figured out that there's an arena you can use to test out your weapons without having to worry about ammo, and my Planet Cracker/EG-900 is actually pretty awesome. In fact I'd swap it out for my Evangelist but I'm really relying on it's shotgun as my close range weapon, so I'm not sure what to do in that regard. The other weapon I'm using is my workhorse, and it works so well, so I'm not ditching that. I really wish you could mix large and small weapons. I want my Planet Cracker as an Evangelist Shotgun underbarrel.

Finally found a good use for the Negotiator. My new weapon is the
    Negotiator tesla beam coupled with the hydraulic hammer with a conic
    dispersal tip. The conic dispersal on the hammer is awesome. It's like
    putting a giant claw on the end of your gun.

READ: If you go to the arena and then leave by saving and quitting your game will be glitched. Just happened to me, and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it now.

Edit: Alright I found a fix, but it does still screw your game up some, because it unlocks all weapon parts for crafting, so you essentially can create the most powerful weapons in the game right off the bat. Which I'm not super happy about, but at least the other thing's fixed.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:02 am

How on earth did that happen? I jumped into the weapons arena for five minutes one time, but I thought it was just going to be a shooting range with all the weapon parts unlocked. When I saw that it just put me in my own game without saving consequences I didn't see a point. I prefer to just field test things, and with thousands of rounds it is not a problem to blow a few in my normal game.

I have mostly been sticking with the shotty and force gun combo, so much so that I sometimes don't even keep a secondary weapon. One weapon is essentially two in this game anyways. Sometimes I keep the evangelizer rifle or something with some range as a secondary, just for making those occasional precision shots at distance against environmental things, but the shotty seems to solve just about any Dead Space problem. The biggest perk is that even if it doesn't outright kill in one shot it always knocks back the enemy, giving you time to breathe.

For difficulties sake, I may go through my next play through without using the shotgun. Do you know what the stipulations of the "Classic Dead Space" mode are?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 am

I don't think there are any stipulations. I'd been under the impression that was something Tart was just doing for fun. If I were to try to do it I would only use things available in DS1, which would be the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Line Gun, Contact Beam, Force Gun, Ripper, and Hydrazine Torch. I think that's it.

How did what happen? The arena drops you into an enclosed room, I've only done it once, so I guess it could be a randomly chosen room, but the one it dropped me into was the first room with a workable bench in the Roanoke, and you have access to the bench, there's infinite ammo, enemies do no damage, and there's a button in the room that when you press a door opens and a wave of enemies comes in. It would be great for weapon testing without consequences, in fact it was until I saved out and it glitched my game, giving me infinite ammo and health and endless enemy spawns. Thankfully that part is fixable, but what isn't is the weapon part unlocks. I really wanted to play through the game by unlocking things normally as a went, but now I have access to everything.

What was really nice about it is that I got to rework all my weapons until I found a combo of 4 that worked really well together by testing them out on live enemies without wasting my ammo or getting hurt by trying out things that didn't work very well. Also got to check out some things I might not have otherwise, like the hydraulic hammer with the special tip, which incidentally turned out to be awesome, especially combined with a stasis attachment. You freeze your enemies with the primary weapon, then run in and tear them apart.

I just altered my Evangelizer for the first time. Swapped out the Carbine and brought in my new Pulse Rifle. I have to say, I think the Pulse Rifle might be the only weapon that I consider one of my personal staples of the series that they not only have done justice in this game, but have improved on. The Force Gun's damaged has been nerfed so severely, that it's not nearly as useful as it once was, especially not with the new shotguns around. The Plasma Cutter is still awesome, but because you have to fill one of your other weapon slots with another small weapon to use it, it's not as usefull as two better weapons would be. The Line Gun is still the Line Gun too, but it's damage has been slightly nerfed, and it hasn't been improved at all, though I've still been using one since the beginning.. Pretty much everything that was ever useful about the Detonator Mine Thrower is gone in DS3. Once you throw a mine you can't pick it back up, so not only does that hurt your ammo stores, but you can't preemptively mine passages in the direction you're going without either running the risk of blowing yourself up, or having to just shoot and detonate your mine when you decide you want to go in that direction, plus it can no longer be used as a makeshift grenade launcher like in DS2. Now if you try to fire it into an enemy it goes right through them and attaches to whatever surface is behind them, as if the enemy wasn't there at all. I can't speak for the Ripper yet, because I still haven't gotten one, but all that disappointment aside, the Pulse Rifle has been made amazing. It's base damage is higher than every other fully auto weapon except one of the military tips, that requires a ton of tungsten to make, it can be fired either in burst or fully auto, because each time you tap the trigger it fires a 3 round burst, it's fast and accurate at range, same as before, and it looks awesome. Such a worthy investment.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 am

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:How on earth did that happen? I jumped into the weapons arena for five minutes one time, but I thought it was just going to be a shooting range with all the weapon parts unlocked. When I saw that it just put me in my own game without saving consequences I didn't see a point. I prefer to just field test things, and with thousands of rounds it is not a problem to blow a few in my normal game.

I have mostly been sticking with the shotty and force gun combo, so much so that I sometimes don't even keep a secondary weapon. One weapon is essentially two in this game anyways. Sometimes I keep the evangelizer rifle or something with some range as a secondary, just for making those occasional precision shots at distance against environmental things, but the shotty seems to solve just about any Dead Space problem. The biggest perk is that even if it doesn't outright kill in one shot it always knocks back the enemy, giving you time to breathe.

For difficulties sake, I may go through my next play through without using the shotgun. Do you know what the stipulations of the "Classic Dead Space" mode are?

When you play Classic Mode, you have no access to co-op. Neither can you create any weapons, except for classic blueprints such as the Line Gun. You can still upgrade the weapons with Circuits, but that's it. The difficulty level is on Hard and you cannot change that. One thing to note is that if you have any DLC, Limited Edition or Pre-order weapons, they will still be available for use, which means you're not necessarily forced to use classic weapons.

As far as suits go, you can use any suit in the game, although i find it to be much more fun to play through Classic Mode with the Engineer suit.

I hope that's the answer you were looking for.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:28 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I don't think there are any stipulations. I'd been under the impression that was something Tart was just doing for fun. If I were to try to do it I would only use things available in DS1, which would be the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Line Gun, Contact Beam, Force Gun, Ripper, and Hydrazine Torch. I think that's it.

How did what happen? The arena drops you into an enclosed room, I've only done it once, so I guess it could be a randomly chosen room, but the one it dropped me into was the first room with a workable bench in the Roanoke, and you have access to the bench, there's infinite ammo, enemies do no damage, and there's a button in the room that when you press a door opens and a wave of enemies comes in. It would be great for weapon testing without consequences, in fact it was until I saved out and it glitched my game, giving me infinite ammo and health and endless enemy spawns. Thankfully that part is fixable, but what isn't is the weapon part unlocks. I really wanted to play through the game by unlocking things normally as a went, but now I have access to everything.

What was really nice about it is that I got to rework all my weapons until I found a combo of 4 that worked really well together by testing them out on live enemies without wasting my ammo or getting hurt by trying out things that didn't work very well. Also got to check out some things I might not have otherwise, like the hydraulic hammer with the special tip, which incidentally turned out to be awesome, especially combined with a stasis attachment. You freeze your enemies with the primary weapon, then run in and tear them apart.

I just altered my Evangelizer for the first time. Swapped out the Carbine and brought in my new Pulse Rifle. I have to say, I think the Pulse Rifle might be the only weapon that I consider one of my personal staples of the series that they not only have done justice in this game, but have improved on. The Force Gun's damaged has been nerfed so severely, that it's not nearly as useful as it once was, especially not with the new shotguns around. The Plasma Cutter is still awesome, but because you have to fill one of your other weapon slots with another small weapon to use it, it's not as usefull as two better weapons would be. The Line Gun is still the Line Gun too, but it's damage has been slightly nerfed, and it hasn't been improved at all, though I've still been using one since the beginning.. Pretty much everything that was ever useful about the Detonator Mine Thrower is gone in DS3. Once you throw a mine you can't pick it back up, so not only does that hurt your ammo stores, but you can't preemptively mine passages in the direction you're going without either running the risk of blowing yourself up, or having to just shoot and detonate your mine when you decide you want to go in that direction, plus it can no longer be used as a makeshift grenade launcher like in DS2. Now if you try to fire it into an enemy it goes right through them and attaches to whatever surface is behind them, as if the enemy wasn't there at all. I can't speak for the Ripper yet, because I still haven't gotten one, but all that disappointment aside, the Pulse Rifle has been made amazing. It's base damage is higher than every other fully auto weapon except one of the military tips, that requires a ton of tungsten to make, it can be fired either in burst or fully auto, because each time you tap the trigger it fires a 3 round burst, it's fast and accurate at range, same as before, and it looks awesome. Such a worthy investment.

Do you have any parts known as MK-II or MK-V? There are several other parts you can access after you finish the games, as well as even better parts you can buy from the ingame shop by using either Ration Seals, Microsoft Points, or whatever you use to pay with on the PS3 and PC.

As far as the bug, i think it may be a PS3 bug only, or at the very least, a rare bug, as i so far, have not experienced anything like that. Speaking of bugs though, i have experienced 2 bugs, 1 of which is gamebreaking.

The first bug is when Isaac is talking(not in a cutscene), his dialogue seems to be sped up, and all you can really make out of it is total gibberish. The gamebreaking bug however, reminds me a lot about Skyrim, and i can't even see how they missed it. The bug is in the last few Chapters, as far as my experience goes atleast. The map fails to load sometimes, and as you walk around the corner, you end up falling down into the very void. After about 1 minute, you finally die. Atleast the interesting part about it is that Isaac has a falling position made for himself, which makes you wonder why they spent time on that. :|
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 am

I haven't seen any off these bugs. I'm on PS3.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 pm

I haven't seen either of Tarts either. To fix the arena bug, you just replay level 2. Once you first get into the Roanoke your inventory resets, and is no longer infinite.

No I don't have any of those parts yet, I've bought the cheapest resource pack with ration seals though, the one that's just materials. That was actually what gave me the opportunity to make the Pulse Rifle.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:17 pm

I never got the infinite resource thing with the weapons arena.

I did go into the arena just a bit ago, and I thought that the settings there wouldn't effect my story game, so I turned it to casual for no real reason. I didn't find out until Chapter 14 that I had been playing on casual (opposed to hard) since Chapter 10, so I quit. I don't feel like playing through three chapters again right now.

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I hated the Pulse Rifle in 1 & 2, I thought it was just too weak and used too much ammo. It is pretty legit in this game. I finally ditched the shotty and am rolling with a Pulse Rifle with the electric bola. The bola is like the Line Gun but shoots much quicker, and is only a tad less wide. All in all very versatile. Secondarily I have a double stacked flamethrower with acid modifier, just for fun.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I've never liked the flame thrower in any of them. It always felt like a big drawback that it didn't stun enemies, so they'd keep coming at you through your fire. I've always liked the Pulse Rifle, but it's gotten better in every game. I think the DS3 variant is by far the best, just in terms of it's primary fire. Right now I'm using the Pulse Rifle combined with the Evangelizer Shotgun, which after all my testing seems to be the most useful of the shotgun type weapons I have access to. The Javelin Shotgun wasn't all that great. My other weapon is the Negotiator Line Gun combined with the Grenade Launcher, but I think I may try to swap it out for the Ripper once I get it. I love the Ripper.

I haven't tried any of the bolas yet, though I plan to. I've heard the ones that stick to walls can be really effective tactical defense weapons, so it might fulfill what I feel I'm missing with the crappy new Detonator.

I just watched a video of it. Actually looks really useful. The guy was using the one that sticks to surfaces coupled with the stasis effect, and was shooting at creatures legs, so it would freeze them and then just continuously chop them up. I may swap out my precious Line Gun for it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I never got the infinite resource thing with the weapons arena.

I did go into the arena just a bit ago, and I thought that the settings there wouldn't effect my story game, so I turned it to casual for no real reason. I didn't find out until Chapter 14 that I had been playing on casual (opposed to hard) since Chapter 10, so I quit. I don't feel like playing through three chapters again right now.

Really? That has got to be a bug too. I've been to the Arena on Impossible every single time, and so far my game has not changed to Impossible. :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Hopefully they patch it out and make the arena run the way it's supposed to. It's such a helpful thing, but I'm afraid to go back now. I don't want to keep running through level 2 over and over to fix it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm glad i haven't faced any bugs related to the Arena so far. I'm kinda bothered by the bug with the map not loading though, so i really hope all the major bugs will be patched soon.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Is it happening to you frequently? I'm thankfully yet to see it on PS3, hopefully it's an xbox exclusive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:24 am