Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
zzCLR2Rzz
TonyDamajer
meridam99
Serious_Much
Spurgun
butternut86
10 posters

Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond?

butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond? Empty Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond?

Post by butternut86 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Right now I'm using a lighting uchigatana +5. I like its speed, but I would like a more powerful weapon that has the same kind of speed for pvp.

I upgraded a large club and made it a lighting large club +4.. it does more damage than uchigatana but its slow.

Do you think its because of my dexterity and strength ratings? I have 40 strength and 20 dexterity, and 44 endurance. I would like really powerful weapon but something I can swing fast. I have no problem working my level up to be able to wield it, I just don't know the best/balanced weapon in the game in terms of swing speed
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond? Empty Re: Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond?

Post by Spurgun Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:26 pm

overall dex has faster weapons than str. if you like fast weapons then you should focus on dex, and upgrade the weapon you want to use to +15. but there isnt really a best/balanced weapon for this, you should try out different weapons and see if you like them
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond? Empty Re: Best overall weapon in the game for NG+ and beyond?

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm

There are many that could be considered like this, it's better to just test and find a weapon you like the most than take people's recommendations.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Have you tried Murakamo or washing pole?
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 pm

if you upgrade it to lightning, it doesnt matter how much strengh/dex you have as long as you can wield it.
    If you want to to profit from your stats, you should do the regular upgrade path to +15.
    Apparantly most weapons with good strengh scaling are slow and if you like katanas, then strengh is a waste after the minimum requirement.
    You could try a battle axe or something tho
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:40 pm

if you like hte Uchi, take either the uchi the Iato or the washing pole and make it +15 then either invest in int or faith and get some buffs, that is how you will deal the most damage
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Try Balder Side Sword, it's more on the dex side but it does scale a bit with STR. If you want a balanced weapon pick up a Longsword or Claymore, while the claymore may have slower speed it can be deadly if used properly.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Hmm

You have allocated the stats poorly for a fast swing build, almost every weapon that scales with strength moves to the heavy hitter but slow area. For a fast weapon swing Dex+Int/Faith is probably the best approach and just meet the minimum req. in Str.

IMO there is no point in looking at low stat scaling weapons and if you dont have a weapon that has B+ scaling in a stat thats close or over 40 then its better to go elemental weapons.

Do a google on Dark Souls calculator and you'll find spreadsheets online that allow you to put in your values and see what comes out the best.

In your case I would probably go 40 on dex, go 15 on int and do a Murakumo+GMW build for PvP (if you like its moveset).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

with your stats i'd go with the man serpent greatsword, cant think of any other right now.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Great Lord Greatsword +5 is fine, specially 2 handed

The Man-Serpent Greatsword +15 is awesome too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 am