Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
WandererReece
Infighter
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
Extertionist
Yarxov
XuitusTheGreat
Motopsycho
omega Elf
AHS DaNiTh
FruitPunchNinja
Forum Pirate
SlakeMoth
GkMrBane
bloodpixel
RANT
Buggy Virus
Artorias
Wade_Wilson
cloudyeki
Knight Alundil
befowler
JoeBroski09
Sebastrd
WyrmHero
dancash1808
Serious_Much
OcelotRigz
Ghadis_God
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
User
lordgodofhell
37 posters

MLGS technically best weapon in game

Poll

Which is the better wpn

[ 7 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap23%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 2 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap7%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 13 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap43%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap0%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap7%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_lcap20%MLGS technically best weapon in game I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 30
    Poll closed
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

MLGS technically best weapon in game Empty MLGS technically best weapon in game

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Ok, I tried to go to the chat for help, but those crazy ppl are so random I never get a cohesive response lol. No offense

It has been said that a split AR is worse than a single AR. Basically elemental is worse than standard at certain levels. I understand this.

It is also common knowledge that there is less defense against elemental attack than physical attack across the board. Less shields and less armor have adequate elemental defense as apposed to physical def. I also get this.

It is also in our Dark Souls text books (you did get one right?) that S rank is the highest and therefore best rank to scale with. Got ya here too.

With these things being said, and the fact that practically no one carries great magic barrier on hand, would it be fitting to declare that with not only S scaling BUT also a PURE magic AR which is high, that the MLGS with its "anti runner" magic fling is in fact the best weapon in this game?

Debate
    bounce

Last edited by lordgodofhell on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

MLGS technically best weapon in game Empty Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

The best weapon of all, is not on the list:

The User
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

MLGS technically best weapon in game Empty Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Overall, yeah, I'd agree, the MLGS is the best melee weapon in the game.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Its actually the Greatsword of Artorias winking
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Second to the user, it is the egg head, rivaled only by skull lantern.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 pm

My faith build carries GMB (it's useful against DMB), and the MLGS has low base damage so it only does in the 400's in AR even at +5 and 50 INT. S scaling a little more than doubles base AR with scaling stat at 40, not an exact statistic but a general rule I've found using Pris's dagger and the MLGS. It is more powerful than normal 400's weapons because of the Mresist generally being lower, but I can get my Mresist up around 300 using a mix of armor and robes as is my usual build. I'd only say it's the equivalent of the GLGS on a 40/30 build, which is formidable but not "best".
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:25 pm

I have to ask, what is the MLGS?

When i first glanced at the topic i thought it said "MGS Best Weapon In The Game" as in "Metal Gear Solid" and was like 'wait....what?'.

So anwyay, whats the MLGS? Im still getting used to all these acronyms.
    (please dont be something blatantly obvious)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Moonlight Greatsword, I think it means
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Was GVD or sevenout not on? they're usually pretty helpful...

MLGS is one of the better weapons, but it's got massive weaknesses to shields and certain magics.

There is no one "best" weapon in my opinion.. except the BKGA, but that's just because FROM messed that weapon up.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:29 pm

OcelotRigz wrote:I have to ask, what is the MLGS?

When i first glanced at the topic i thought it said "MGS Best Weapon In The Game" as in "Metal Gear Solid" and was like 'wait....what?'.

So anwyay, whats the MLGS? Im still getting used to all these acronyms.
    (please dont be something blatantly obvious)

It is the acronym for Moonlight Great Sword. I am lazy so I did not spell it out.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Was GVD or sevenout not on? they're usually pretty helpful...

MLGS is one of the better weapons, but it's got massive weaknesses to shields and certain magics.

There is no one "best" weapon in my opinion.. except the BKGA, but that's just because FROM messed that weapon up.

Serious 99% of the time I agree with you, but BKGA??? aka please parry me now or backstab me. That wpn so over rated lol

Also, hows the tour going? what stage you at bruh?
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Moonlight Greatsword, I think it means
    Thanks man.

And yep, blatantly obvious, in fact i was looking at it today after getting it from that 'Seath the Scaleless' guy last night.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 pm

It hasn't started yet, I've just begun organising it, need more people to take up the bosses on the playthrough lol.

And well yes, that's it's main weakness the parry, but for such a powerful and heavy weapon, it's fast, so BS is less likely for it than something like an ultra GS etc. The only reason it's not as bad is because most good players don't use it, if they did would be rather worrying sight in my opinion silly

It is overrated, but in terms of it's stats are too good. It is overall one of the best weapons, and you know you could argue it, any weapon is parry able and can be used against someone to BS them, thats the thing, not just BKGA
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

I disagree, I would always go with something that can be buffed. also I like weapons with R2 attacks rather than ranged attacks I could get with a catalyst/talisman MLGS is great but not the best.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:39 pm

The best weapon in the game is the Lightning Zweihander.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

dancash1808 wrote:I disagree, I would always go with something that can be buffed. also I like weapons with R2 attacks rather than ranged attacks I could get with a catalyst/talisman MLGS is great but not the best.

Buffs are sort altering the weapon, so I don't think they should be considered. It's like if you say a Lightning Shortsword is the best weapon in the game, that shouldn't count because you're completely changing the weapon.

So the weapon you'd argue for the best would have to be the weapon at +15 unbuffed, if you say the Claymore +15 is the best weapon then that's one thing, because buffs change so much. A Claymore at +15 is a Claymore at +15, but if I put the Magic Weapon buff on it, it won't best as strong as if I buff it with a DMB+3, but the base weapon itself isn't changed. Just what you are adding to it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 pm

WyrmHero wrote:But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.

Yeah apparently in every game they have a moonlight weapon that is amazing.

Also don't forget the large sword of moonlight ignored shields on Demon's, was ridiculous
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm

looks like I have viable opinion here!

And yes serious I totally see your point there. I have just been using the MLGS as of late and noticed how my kill to death has increased in pvp and smo and O are cake with it.

Buffs dont count guys. They are not the weapons. They are temporary additions to a weapon.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Yeah, the MLGS is horrible against in PvP as you always have much lower defence than that of your physical. It has 480~ AR pure magic, but in my opinion that compared to Physical AR is probably more like 500-550, so really powerful.

also, because it's magic damage, it staggers faster than physical (I think), which also makes it horrible as it will just stunlock you in PvP and has a long range wirde R2 attack... I can see why it could be classed as very good or even the best weapon to be fair, it's certainly a nasty one.

Thing is to me though, if you come up against a guy who has something like crest shield or GMB, it really makes things a lot more difficult for you, though a spare chaos weapon or something could solve that problem easily.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm terrible at PvP, and I've never been killed by a buffed weapon. I seemed to get a lot better when I started using the MLGS with 50 Int, due to it bypassing many shields and it's beastly stunlock ability.

Take that for what it's worth...
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Why aren't halberds on the list?! G. Halberd can be NASTY. If you hit, it does crazy damage, super fast, and it has GIANT range. As long as you don't miss, it's AMAZING.

Oh well, I've preached this in other threads. I won't do it now. But I haven't had big problems with the MLGS or any greatsword for that matter. I've only been killed by my stupid mistakes. Really, it's on par with all the other GS's because two hits with anyone means getting staggered, which means they'll then kill you on the third or fourth hit. Unless u have over 110 poise, any GS is really on par with the MLGS. The MLGS's stagger points just linger a bit more or something something something.

I just don't see anything that gives it a super good advantage, as defense can be overcame with higher AR's. Because of this, once you get to SL 80+, all the weapons can overcome quite a bit of defense, making the MLGS not do a crazy amount more than any other GS. Maybe a 100 or 150 if my guessing is correct. That isn't that much considering how slow the GS's are, even the MLGS and the claymore.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah, I have to throw gargoyle halberd in there also -- I'm terrible with it myself, but it is brutal in the right hands. I definitely fear it more than MLGS, although I agree From may well have intended the MLGS to be the "best." In a weird way because it's so powerful and easy to use, players that rely on it don't seem to develop other pvp skills or instincts as well.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

I also think a weapon that isn't on the list is the best in the game; and it's one I don't actually have a toon using atm. The mace.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 pm

WyrmHero wrote:But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.

It's even the best blade in their Armored Core games, with an extremely difficult boss using it in mid to late game.

It really isn't the weapon that makes your enemy scary. It's how they use it. Because when I see git's fishing I'm not scared at all. Just bored senseless. Fighting against a guy who can fight locked off and fling those getsuga's accurately at my face and I'll be scared ****.

That said, Why the hell aren't ANY pole arms on that list!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:26 pm