Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
WandererReece
Infighter
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
Extertionist
Yarxov
XuitusTheGreat
Motopsycho
omega Elf
AHS DaNiTh
FruitPunchNinja
Forum Pirate
SlakeMoth
GkMrBane
bloodpixel
RANT
Buggy Virus
Artorias
Wade_Wilson
cloudyeki
Knight Alundil
befowler
JoeBroski09
Sebastrd
WyrmHero
dancash1808
Serious_Much
OcelotRigz
Ghadis_God
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
User
lordgodofhell
37 posters

MLGS technically best weapon in game

Poll

Which is the better wpn

[ 7 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 2 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 13 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 30
    Poll closed
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 Empty Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

The moonlight greatsword is perhaps not the best weapon, but is still OP. Faster than all other greatswords, allowing for ridiculous stunlock? Check. Requires higher poise to resist than other greatswords? Check. S scaling? Check. Gives mage-cannons a stupidly good backup weapon? Check.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

MLGS technically best weapon in game - Page 2 Empty Re: MLGS technically best weapon in game

Post by Artorias Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:20 pm

For me its all about the user big grin
    And it is froms tradition of putting the sword in every one of thier games. In my opinion its not that op.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Carphil wrote:Its actually the Greatsword of Artorias winking

lolno
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 am

im gonna have to disagree, mlgs is so easy to blind parry and when ive gotten beat by it it takes about 7 hits to kill me which is pretty weak. the best weapon is the bow with dragon body.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 am

Best weapon in the game is obviously your bare fists of justice.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 am

I wouldn't consider the bow with dragon body a legitimate weapon, its more of a glitch, i really hope there is a patch soon because the bow glitch is being used by more people everyday. big grin
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 am

The best weapon in the game is the zwei in what ever form it takes because of the amazing low stats and the ability to dead angle.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:But seriously I think FROM has a obsession with Moonlight, being that in their past games the Moonlight Sword was the ultimate sword (much like Ultima Weapon from FF). And in Demon's Souls there's the Large Sword of Moonlight which scales S with Faith so I think your theory is correct.

It's even the best blade in their Armored Core games, with an extremely difficult boss using it in mid to late game.

It really isn't the weapon that makes your enemy scary. It's how they use it. Because when I see git's fishing I'm not scared at all. Just bored senseless. Fighting against a guy who can fight locked off and fling those getsuga's accurately at my face and I'll be scared ****.

That said, Why the hell aren't ANY pole arms on that list!

LOL thats totally what I do with my SL 623 toon and as the seconday right hand I have the Grant. twisted
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am

Artorias wrote:I wouldn't consider the bow with dragon body a legitimate weapon, its more of a glitch, i really hope there is a patch soon because the bow glitch is being used by more people everyday. big grin

but you cant deny its not the best in terms of damage, i personally have never used it and would never use it since it just seems boring as hell, i prefer my DGM.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:52 am

Im sorry to those upset I did not place Halberds on the list. But youve made it clear you like them lol.

MLGS is super nice, if you have the luxury of 2 primary weapons in the RH, ascended pyro in the left along with a shield or talisman(hybrid build) in the left, the rest into END you are set.

You also have CHSM at your disposal if you want.

Buffing weapons as I stated before isnt the weapon so dont count that.

Power within magic fling is ridiculous btw
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 am

The Rubber Chicken and I'm the only one that's got one. Just watch that baby bounce!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am

I do believe rynn did the math and determined that the bkga has the highest unbuffed dps in the game. It also deadangles well so a skillful user won't get parried.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah that's exactly what I thought Pirate, the only reason BKGA users get ripped on is their not used by skillful players usually, if a really good player used one it would be a horrible weapon to come against :|
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 am

I just went against a good user yesterday. He used havel's shield to give even more poise, and make his skin do the iron flesh effect, and he would roll-swing to dead-angle and make sure he didn't get parried. i didn't see a single normal r1 attack from him...
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I do believe rynn did the math and determined that the bkga has the highest unbuffed dps in the game. It also deadangles well so a skillful user won't get parried.

MMMMmmm yeess I see you pose a great point HOWEVER!!!! there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWld56cZvY8&feature=related

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 am

.. you just want to have any excuse to post that, don't you? hahahaha!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am

😢 yes
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 am

Shhhh. Shhh. Don't cry. Shhhh. Just shut up. Shh. Just shut up. Shut up.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 pm

i would say the mlgs and bkga are two of the best/easiest to use weapons. like everyone is saying, there is no best weapon its just what weapon you are most comfortable with. if we are talking about what weapon is the easiest for any new player to pick up and use i might agree with the mlgs. heres what i think are the best weapons for new players.no particular order, the same idea of what your most comfortable with still applys.

MLGS(stats needed)16str10dex40+int
    BKGA(stats needed)40+str18dex(could have more dex but i think its better to pump str)
    Katana buffed(stats needed)14-20str40+dex30+faith or 25+int

i would include an elemental ultra greatsword,but personally i think thats better for slightly more advanced players seeing as its really easy to get punished by roll bs if not careful.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:00 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i would say the mlgs and bkga are two of the best/easiest to use weapons. like everyone is saying, there is no best weapon its just what weapon you are most comfortable with. if we are talking about what weapon is the easiest for any new player to pick up and use i might agree with the mlgs. heres what i think are the best weapons for new players.no particular order, the same idea of what your most comfortable with still applys.

MLGS(stats needed)16str10dex40+int
    BKGA(stats needed)40+str18dex(could have more dex but i think its better to pump str)
    Katana buffed(stats needed)14-20str40+dex30+faith or 25+int

i would include an elemental ultra greatsword,but personally i think thats better for slightly more advanced players seeing as its really easy to get punished by roll bs if not careful.

MLGS, BKGA and specifically Washing pole over other katanas. I like those 3 for best, but tanking Zwei users dead angle pretty damn well also.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 am

Ok, uhh. Huge madara sig? Right when the issue of having too big of signatures comes up, I see this giant Madara image right in my face hahahah!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 am

For easiest to use weapon, I'd give it to the demons spear or elemental pike. If the user is anywhere above useless, they're frikin irritating to deal with.

They arn't the easiest to learn with, but once you have learned they're stupidly effective against all but the best opponents.
    AHS DaNiTh
    AHS DaNiTh
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AHS DaNiTh Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:31 pm

It really is the user, using a falcion +15 i managed to kill a guy using the MLGS by just rolling through the first attack and going to town, he was locked on and kept attacking and missed his second attack but by then i had stun locked him to death using CMW and my Falcion, Definatly the user...any weapon can b good, except a pick, never a pick....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:For easiest to use weapon, I'd give it to the demons spear or elemental pike. If the user is anywhere above useless, they're frikin irritating to deal with.

They arn't the easiest to learn with, but once you have learned they're stupidly effective against all but the best opponents.

spears are so OP, and the only reason thyre op is because of lag, thos phantom hits from twenty feet away are so annoying i just start spamming wog when people do that.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 pm

their is no 1 best weapon their are lots of great weapons however my favorite is the chaos rapier

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:14 am