Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ChizFreak
skarekrow13
TonyDamajer
jujufist
Uparkaam
9 posters

Letting the hollows do the dirty work.

Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Letting the hollows do the dirty work. Empty Letting the hollows do the dirty work.

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm

So, does anyone have any experience with NG++++++++ hollow warriors? If they are still as laughable as they are on NG, my grand scheme might not work.

I was thinking that if I ever get to NG++++++++, I might try some Undead Burg PVP without weapons (well, maybe bows and the trident) by undead rapporting some hollow warriors to my aid. I would just wait for someone to invade me and let them taste the power of my minions.

Or maybe not, since the effect doesn't last long and the first targets they probably attack are their buddies. But I still want to try it.
    jujufist

Letting the hollows do the dirty work. Empty Re: Letting the hollows do the dirty work.

Post by jujufist Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Not sure this would work the way you think it will. Invaders can just back into the bunch and let the other mobs take the agro. If you are fighting invaders that close to the environment mobs you are flirting with defeat.

I have invaded quite a bit. When I know I'm out matched from seeing godly gear...I try to use the other mobs in the level. Smart players back out to the beginning of the level where it has been cleared out and wait for me to come to them. The one with the highest level, best gear and best connection wins...typically. The other scenerio (your scenerio) is an automatic advantage to the invader.

Long storty short...don't count on an unpredictable tactic to win a battle...the outcome will be dicey at best.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Letting the hollows do the dirty work. Empty Re: Letting the hollows do the dirty work.

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Blasphemy! My minions will bring me victory! Huzzah!
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm

kill all but one and you should be fine
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:56 pm

I think your best bet would be to leave a few in a close area, start somewhere else and run to the mobs and hope they all fall under your spell. My guess though is that most people diving into PvP will be able to handle it. The worst mob scenario is in the Parish with the gang of torch hollows and even then it's just shield up and occasionally hack. You might want to have a way to fight back as they will likely be a distraction at best. If you catch someone totally by surprise though who knows. A lot of invaders wouldn't be expecting the mobs to go after them.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:42 pm

You can Undead Rapport the Undead Male Merchant. He uses a Uchigatana.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 pm

ChizFreak wrote:You can Undead Rapport the Undead Male Merchant. He uses a Uchigatana.

Letting the hollows do the dirty work. 3207319737
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:39 pm

but if you undead rapport the merchant...wouldn't he aggro after the effect wears off?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm

I don't think so, as far as I'm aware they only aggro the player when enough damage has been done.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 pm

I could just kick him up and poke him with my shiny finger. Then he would die to the first invader.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 pm

It would be better as the invader, just channeler the zombies, toss some alluring skulls and enjoy the party.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

I found it pretty funny that the hollows oneshot each other. The better equipped ones deal about 450 damage to their lesser equipped comrades on NG+++.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Wait a minute...hallows fighting hallows...What did I miss O.O
    (I think it's this "Rapporting" ? What is this, 'Ra-ppor-ting'?? )
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm

The pyromancy called undead rapport. This is what our wiki says about it: "Advanced pyromancy of Quelana of Izalith. Charm undead and gain temporary allies.Melee ranged support spell with about 2 second cast time."

Basically you can make some hollow assist you for a short time. Not very effective though, but it can be fun messing around with it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Oooh I see, how long does it last though? that with limited usage would make it risky, especially if the undead suddenly turn on you.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I don't know, maybe 30sec or a minute. Well maybe not a minute. And the hollow usually just charges into battle and doesn't live very long due to their low health. The effect is short and the hollow rarely survives till the end of it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Definately more effective as an invader then.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Yeah, but just imagine the feeling if the invader is killed or at least distracted by the hollows. You could always try to backstab the invader while he's moving down your minions.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Idea! Invader has Channelers Trident, no armor, Host has same but with Rapport (a lot of them) and the invader has Alluring Skulls. They gather forces and have their armies fight to the death!
    The battle will be Legen- Wait for it- dary!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm

I hate that show so much... On topic is it even possible to recreate Medieval's third to last fight?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

lol Imagine the host's situation when the rapport wears off...

BTW, does the trident buff work on rapported enemies? And if an invader buffs a hollow with the trident, then the host turns it with the rapport, can the host buff the hollow again for super damage?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 pm

What... "Medievals third to last fight" ???

That's the point of having many rapports. I'm not sure about the whole Buff situation. I assumed someone else knew if rapported enemies could be buffed. (Its said in OP)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

would be nice if rapport was a mist style spell... also i heard the undead merchant can be rapported is he hostile afterwards or not as rapport inflicts no damage also as a phantom (invader or helper) he shows up as a ghost that you can't hit so using him might produce an invincible minion... can any one confirm?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:05 am

Yarxov wrote:What... "Medievals third to last fight" ???

Old game, shortly befor the final boss fight you get 5 dead warriors come back to fight for you against 5 ghosts that you can't kill, and then you have to use good lightning to give them your own health.

Back on topic, now I want to poke things with rapport more often, le sigh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 pm