Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
CaligoIllioneus
Everynevers
befowler
joemann
Knight Alundil
Tolvo
DMC
Nybbles
Odinbear
13 posters

Letting phantoms know you been invaded?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Letting phantoms know you been invaded? Empty Letting phantoms know you been invaded?

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

How do you indicate to phantoms, that you've been invaded, there's an invader in my game, etc.?
    been summoned several times where host doesn't act alarmed or anything, summons another phantom and we proceed only to run into an ambush ( unprepared).
    I usually flick my shield and stand at guard. Run around all nervous like. Dunno if that works, seems to.

A useful item, perhaps? A "Danger" carving. "danger", "help me"
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Letting phantoms know you been invaded? Empty Re: Letting phantoms know you been invaded?

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

i've had this problem as well, get summoned, do the greetings dance and what not. proceed through the level only to be caught unawares by a backstab from an invader i wasn't even looking for.

when i see the host behaving extra cautious, shield up, pausing at every corner, i know that there is an invader somewhere, but if the host just runs around in jolly co-opeation, i have no idea.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Letting phantoms know you been invaded? Empty Re: Letting phantoms know you been invaded?

Post by DMC Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

A few guys have just pointed ahead before meaning invader. I understood them too even although I suppose it could mean something else.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Shield raised is how I always signified, or had hosts signal it to me. Usually it works pretty well. I sometimes carry a Dark Wraith mask and put it on for a second. Then hold my shield up before putting on my previous head-ware.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Tolvo wrote: I sometimes carry a Dark Wraith mask and put it on for a second. Then hold my shield up before putting on my previous head-ware.

Hahaha Dark souls charades!
    joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Odinbear wrote:A useful item, perhaps? A "Danger" carving. "danger", "help me"

All I could think of was: Danger! Danger, Will Robinson. DANGER!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Shield blocking is the usual sign, but I always assume we've been invaded when I am summoned, even if the host acts like nothing is wrong. In rare instances someone can in fact invade without the warning message appearing for some time or even at all, so sometimes the host themselves doesn't even know. Once you get familiar with cooping a level, you'll find that there're 4-5 spots where 95% of the invasion ambushes happen, so it's easy to be prepared just in case.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

joemann wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:A useful item, perhaps? A "Danger" carving. "danger", "help me"

All I could think of was: Danger! Danger, Will Robinson. DANGER!

I say that once in a while, good show that, Lost In Space.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah.. I tend to get summoned and just assume that an invader is around. But I'm also more enthusiastic when it comes to hunting invaders these days. My taste for Burg/Church-vengeance just cannot be quenched.

A trick I've noticed in "upper" Anor Londo - Almost everytime I've been summoned to fight invaders the host keeps the door into the bonfire room closed. I never thought of that before I saw it, lol.

A "Danger" rune would be awesome...
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I always raise my shield and lower it several times in a row, facing the direction the invader will (probably) come from. Usually works well.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 pm

I do the shield too. Sometimes, I'll point forward and then hold block.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I always send a message to the phantoms.
    If the invader doesn't come at me immediately, then he's probably waiting somewhere. And that gives me time to send it.
    I've never been attacked while typing yet.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 pm

I try only pvp with those who have mic or accept my chatt through the tv and Im always looking for invaders as a phantom its my job to help my host
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 pm

I generally will let my summons know by stepping past them and pointing then raising my shield. Although I also don't usually summon when I'm invaded. Not unless the invader has been being a cheap *** already and I managed to get away from them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:45 pm