Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 29 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 pm

OminousSquaffle wrote:I'm in for XBOX. I can host if needed though due to my connection having frequent off days I'd probably be best suited as a last resort ~_^
    Welcome good sir! hope you have some fun around wave
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 29 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 am

I personally think a single set of wog should be allowed otherwise you really do kill faith builds and thats not fair to them. Seriously they are more or less just buffs and healing they need the only decent offensive spell. Also why are the firestorm spells not allowed? Seems a bit much to me since they are slow and you can hear them and ccan only be used twice in one go. If nothing else i would limit it to one of the storms for pyro but thats just me. Also im not sure i will join (IB is a ***** about my taking up my time) but if i can i shall try. And as always sign me up as someone who can be anything. As for a suggestion why not the room with havel armor? No one (from my experience) places any signs there and its not very far from the Solaire BF room.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

I understand that some people want to get rid of some tryhard things like buffed falchion, DWGR, and TWoP.

That's fine, but honestly we should not cut down to much, the whole point of the event is to have a hardcore 2v2 fight with a twist.

Dark bead is extremely easy to counter, just roll backstab them for using that scrubby spell. But I'm fine with you banning it, it's pretty scrubby like I said and no one really likes it during events. It's more of a forest hunting thing.

No firestorm or chaos storm?????? I don't understand that one at all, it takes a long time to charge and you have alot of time either to run, or to backstab/kick them. It's pretty balanced.

Wrath of the gods I can understand, but don't ban it, just don't let people spam it, but I can live without it anyway, as I use Force instead.

I agree with TWoP. That's common knowledge to ban that spell from everything.

Ahho these are my opinions, I hope I didn't offend but i'm sure I didn't. These are my personally feelings about the spells.

Now things I think you should ban, and why.

Dark Wood Grain Ring: You can dodge everything with this, and you can roll backstab anything with it. Completely overpowered, tryhard, and annoying.

Pursuers: This spells is easy enough to counter but when having 4 people in your world, there is alot of lag, and as we saw from last month's event, it can even be invisible.

In my personal opinion, I feel that things should only be banned if

A. They can easily be glitched, or lag severely affects them.

B. They are tryhard, and annoying.

Now Guerrilla warfare is meant to be a complete all out kill each other event, but some things are just better off left out, for the sake of fun and the event.

However, That being said, some things that can be considered tryhard SHOULD be allowed, because this is a competitive event, with competitive people, and there will always be tryhards, there were tryhards last month and there will be tryhards again, and yeah I agree they can make the event less fun than it could be, but we can't really do anything about it.

If you make a GW event, that has no real theme (Such as cosplays, strength only, fatroll only, or no rings etc.) then you can't expect people to all have fun, relaxed builds.

Now I don't use anything listed in what you banned, I'm only doing this for the sake of the competitive feeling of the event, if you take away all those spells there's really no stress as to whether or not you will be ambushed by a darkbead or wog when you go around the corner. No real thrill if you go about a level knowing the most punishing spells in the game that can smack you in the face at any second won't be there.

Here is what I would do, I don't want you to feel pressure about my opinion btw, Ahho, because I'm doing this event regardless.

BANNED:

- Dark Bead
    - Tranquil walk of peace
    - Pursuers
    - Dark wood grain ring
    - Hornet ring
    - Spell Spamming WoG.
    - Being a turtle

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am

Add me to the list, pleeze.  I am ready with 1 , maybe 2 toons. Spear Spear Spear 

PSN: Odinbear
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:19 am

Dark Anor?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Morning Everyone! Love the input. twisted 

@ Hugh:
    1) Yep, forgot to list Fire Tempest! It shall be added to the banned list.

2) Grant Special Attack will stay as will WotG. I don't wish to disappoint those who were already planning on faith builds. However, only one stack will be permitted. (Opinions on limiting wog to 3 casts?)

3) The balcony before the BonFire will be taken into consideration. winking 

@ Ducard:

1) I promise to have the restrictions up soon. Get your faith build all dressed up 'cause it has places to go! silly 

2) Let me know your thoughts on a "one wog stack limit". winking 

@ Demon Slayer:

Great! Glad to have ya. As a "dedicated host" be there or be square! silly Seriously, Thanks!! biggrin 

@ Tw:

Hope you make it!! big grin 

@Robs:

No...it will be light Anor. At least this time around.

@ OmniousSquaffle:

Welcome!! Glad you signed up! Post your GT. Thanks! biggrin 

@ Odinbear:

Got ya covered!  twisted 

@ Wilks:

You get your own post silly
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Gotcha I can Host as well, I seemed to have a good connection during the fencing event anywho.... And my faith will rawr all over yall just wish the replinish miracle and green blossom could be used.... maybe grass crest..... I must reconfigure.... to the Monkey!!! No not neverland, the MugenMonkey you fooL!!!

Edit* I think one stack is fine, I just enjoy having the spell, as it is the best offense for a Miracle build, which the lack of stats cept faith is one I am employing.

Last edited by Kahldris_Ducard on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wog)
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 pm

@ Wilks:

Wow! Nice input! But why ask my pardon for fear of offense. LOL
    I asked for suggestions and that is what you have taken the time to provide! That said, let me address your suggestions, several comments and questions.

First, the point is NOT to have a "hardcore 2v2 with a twist" event. This is not a FC with frills (a twist). Ultimately, we fight...yes. But the primary emphasis is the cunning of the Hunter and Hunted! Out-thinking and out-smarting the other team, planning and strategically using the environment to gain the advantage. Thus taking that advantage away from the other team.

There are plenty of people offering nothing but hardcore, tryhardy events. I seek a much broader appeal where it is more then a "toe-to-toe-eyeball-to-eyeball-swing-swing-your-dead wash and repeat event. Challenge does not equate to hardcore. And there is challenge in this event. And FUN!! Challenge and Fun are the two factors which has kept this event going for 5 months now...6 if I count August.

What has detracted from that fun and challenge (the past several events except July's event) is, in fact, those spells which will be banned. I listen to everyone before, during, and after every event. And the biggest "complaint" was, in fact, those spells. Wog was not at the top of that list, however. And Wog will be banned temporarily in future events depending on location.

As I said...I want this Search and Destroy event to appeal to more then hardcore pvp'ers. I seek a much broader player base. That is not to say that people in this  broader player base are not kick butt fighters. There are plenty of people who are very good but who do not care for the straight up pvp'er mentality. This event is meant to be Fun and a Challenge! And that is the bottomline, really! Not fun for the few but fun for the many. Fun for those who, for their own reasons, do not care for "the hardcore need only apply here" attitude.

Besides...I have never referred to this event as "hardcore". silly 

Tryhards will be tryhards...let'm. But they will be restricted from ruining the fun of the majority.

Turtles will be turtles...let'm. This IS 2v2.

The only reason the hornet ring is banned is to enhance the challenge and the fun (same for banned spells). No more...no less.

As for the DWGR...I think most people simply find them annoying to fight because they operate outside of some peoples fight mentality or formula...so to speak.
    And too my knowledge you are the only one who has commented on banning flippers.

Suggestions people?

Pursuers will stay and I will see if it is a real issue.

And not to worry Wilks. I feel no pressure, my friend. It is your opinion that was requested. happy 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:Gotcha I can Host as well, I seemed to have a good connection during the fencing event anywho.... And my faith will rawr all over yall just wish the replinish miracle and green blossom could be used.... maybe grass crest..... I must reconfigure.... to the Monkey!!! No not neverland, the MugenMonkey you fooL!!!

Edit* I think one stack is fine, I just enjoy having the spell, as it is the best offense for a Miracle build, which the lack of stats cept faith is one I am employing.
    You sound happier! Your wife must have returned home or will be returning very soon!! cheers 

Another Host! Outstanding. I will be around all day during the event. I have off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So I can push a 24hr day as a host with no sleep...but my partner may not be pleased. lol! 

Why can't you use Replenish or Green Blossom?
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Replinish and green blossom take up same slot for buff, so both cannot be used I don't want to prepare the aoe Rep and my partner be unable to green blossom... Trying to be helpful lol 
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 pm

And no, she is not back yet, crying but I am trying to stay happy. I do not want to be a sourpuss, I am going to try this today with leet at 125 in the arena, see what he thinks, tinkering ahoy!! to be the best of them all....... Pokemon!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm

The most logical locations for the "Rss Drop Zone" and where the vader will meet up with the host is either the Solaire Bonfire Room, the room across from the Solaire Bonfire room or the Balcony just before the Solaire Bonfire room.

All three are doable but to be honest...wouldn't it be nice to have a scenic view, sunshine, and fresh air while getting everyone into your world?

I like the Balcony outside of the Solaire Bonfire idea. If vader uses the orb(s) in the Solaire Bonfire room they will spawn just outside in the hallway.
    Do Not use orb(s) on the balcony or you will spawn outside on the platform with the two demons just before the archers.

One question, however...does using the balcony mean the host can be vaded from two different directions? 1) The hallway directly in front of the balcony. And 2) From above by the vader coming from the platform and archers outside.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:52 pm

The OP has been edited and up-dated!!
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 pm

92.5 hours till event starts woot woot. Btw Glorious Lady, Sign me up as A host please.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Ahho, if the invader uses the orb inside the host will have to be inside.  Thus, the host would still be open to the normal invasions.  The host could stand inside and still see signs outside*, though -- that would help keep the RSSers from being invaded as often at least.  But, if the host is outside the invader must use the orb from outside as well.

Also, I didn't think of it because it hasn't been a problem so far but... you can add me to the "I hate the DWGR" club.  I'm not even going to go into it... angry 

*You can see signs in the forest from the Butterfly area by the bonfire, even.  The signs just disappear once you walk into Sif's area.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:23 pm

:'D wog back allowed neat.

I dont see why u would ban pursuers or dwgr, they can both be easily dealt with. dwgr is only a problem if a really good players is using it and knows what he is doing(Me).

some people will use dwgr just cause it's so called op but they wont have a good setup up with it cause there most likely are looking just to roll bs and will have 0 poise most of the time, so if they can get caught out in a stunlock and dont know how to toggle there most likely done for in a 2v2 event.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 am

I have a friend that might play during this event using my account.

My friend has been playing pve for awhile now like a month already beated the game twice and he just started pvp he knows some basic stuff but not all of it so i thought this might be something for him to tryout.

He might learn a few things and enjoy the time.
    TheDeviantKnight
    TheDeviantKnight

Post by TheDeviantKnight Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am

How do we join this?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:45 pm

@Ducard...Thanks, my friend! I will add you as a host.

@Hugh...your comments are noted about Hosts needing to be just inside the hallway from the balcony. I will add this to the OP. Thanks!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Greetings TheDevianKnight!! Welcome to the event! I will add you to the participant roster.

Make sure that you do read the OP (original Posts which are the first 6pages of this thread).

The chatango links for the event are listed there as well! Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

In the past I have had several people who could not use chatango. This is not an event breaker for those people. In this case I created a psn chat to relay needed information. And to socialize! happy
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 pm

I talked about more things than wog and tryhards. silly 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I talked about more things than wog and tryhards. silly 
    Yes, indeed! But the rest was answered in other posts I believe. silly
    By the by...are you hosting as well? My build is at anor and rdy to host I just need red eye orb and a few odds and ends.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 am

You know I can't really recall if I can host there, but i'm sure I can.

If I can host I will, but don't count on me.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am

Ok, a few things... first, I can host for sure.  Second, I thought to ask about the Grant R2, but I forgot about the Stone GS R2.  I'm assuming/hoping that's out as well, but thought I'd ask to be sure.  Finally; I also forgot about the invader spawn point by the archers... that's not that far away.  Why not just have the host stand outside as well?  
    TheDeviantKnight
    TheDeviantKnight

Post by TheDeviantKnight Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:11 am

@Ahhotep1 You spelled my PSN ID wrong. :c

It's "TheDeviantKnight" you forgot the "t" and spelled it TheDevianKnight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 pm