Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
KrazykevS10
Coryf2209
BagerX2
Frank_White
steveswede
Noob-of-Artorias
FlorisFreakshow
densetsushun
DarkW17
sure-magicians
WandererReece
CrackSouls
Hydreigon11
GrinTwist
cole62195
19 posters

hackers ruining the fun of dark souls

cole62195
    cole62195

hackers ruining the fun of dark souls Empty hackers ruining the fun of dark souls

Post by cole62195 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:17 pm

for the last week I've either invaded or been invaded by hackers to the point where pvp doesn't even seem worth it any more, is any one else having this issue
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

hackers ruining the fun of dark souls Empty Re: hackers ruining the fun of dark souls

Post by GrinTwist Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm

I would guess your on the Xbox that seems to be where a lot of hackers seem to lurk. I rarely deal with them myself and when I do I just bc out, so really that's your best option.
    cole62195
    cole62195

hackers ruining the fun of dark souls Empty Re: hackers ruining the fun of dark souls

Post by cole62195 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 pm

yeah i am on box, it wasn't this bad a few months ago

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 pm

From what I've heard it's a bit easier to hack Dark Souls on the Xbox rather than the PS3. Why I wouldn't know.

Keep in mind if you invade of the world of a hacker, they might feel entitled to hack in order to kill you. It's the mentality of "they aren't welcome here, and I want them out" but it's just taken to an extreme, the only exception is if the host is doing this while ganking.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Hell there's BS everywhere in this game. I'm surprised you're just running into hackers now, you have to put up with a lotta **** in this game with PvP, it seems like everyone and their mother is either a ganker, BS fisher, idiot, annoyance, hacker or whatever other piece of sheet.

And then you find that one good game which reminds you why you play this game in the first place.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:And then you find that one good game which reminds you why you play this game in the first place.

YES. Try Fight Club with the people from this forum. Or just ask for a duel on this forum. Then the night gets really good.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 pm

I guess I'm lucky, but that's because I'm on PS3.

The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".

Then I summoned a yellow phantom and hunted the red one down. Then I gave the yellow phantom 2 humanities and told him to leave.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 am

I have both consoles, and tried Xbox live for a month but kept running into the same people, the kind that bow, indicating a 'good fight' and after a few minutes you notice their HP doesn't change, so I tried to back stab, succeeded twice and still no change.
    So I decided to stick it out, died eventually and get the Oswald gesture followed by the point down gesture, got mad a bit even.

I marked them as 'avoid this player', reload the game and first one to invade me is the avoided player.

I jumped of a bridge, was annoyed, sent him/her a message asking about the secret of immortality but got no reply, canceled my subscription the next minute.

Lot of jackwagons on PSN also but so far no immortals.

Hydreigon11 wrote:And then you find that one good game which reminds you why you play this game in the first place.
    ^And so this, makes up for a lot of BS, if not all the BS.

CrackSouls wrote:YES. Try Fight Club with the people from this forum. Or just ask for a duel on this forum. Then the night gets really good.
    ^And this, even more, makes my day every time.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 pm

From what I've heard it's a bit easier to hack Dark Souls on the Xbox rather than the PS3. Why I wouldn't know.

BECAUSE ITS MICROSOFT silly
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I think it has to do with the fact that the architecture of the Xbox is a lot more like a PC and the OS/games are coded in C/C++/CC#, rather than the PS3's special CPU/architecture and its own language. Coding for Xbox is a breeze if you can code for a computer, it's quite hell for a PS3 because of its own architecture.

To make a giant generalisation, the Xbox demographic seems to be kids or kids in an adult body, lots of inferiority complexes, or the kind of mentality that not gaming competitively is not fun. Again, this is a giant generalisation and in no way reflects the platform, it's what I perceive.
    FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm

So, no hacks on ps3?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

FlorisFreakshow wrote:So, no hacks on ps3?
    They exist, but they're quite rare.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

I call bullsh!t on this. Not at you personally but I've had the game since launch and have never faced a hacker (glitching is not the same thing if anyone tries to use that one), plus I have never seen a video nor seen a post in hacking forums showing what they can do. I ask for the burden of proof on the PS3 before I believe it.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

Been playing the game since launch and never have met a hacker on PS3. Not in Dark Souls or any other PS3 game actually. It's just pretty much impossible to hack on PS3.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

Been playing the game since launch and never have met a hacker on PS3. Not in Dark Souls or any other PS3 game actually. It's just pretty much impossible to hack on PS3.

There was at one point where the PS3 did get hacked but was sorted when firmware 3.56 was released. I watched my brother play COD MW2 and saw loads of people using hacks like homing bullets, super jumps and if I recall correctly, font hacks where people were changing the colours of their names. That was then though before Dark Souls.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Ran into what I think was a hacker on ps3 today. He was blocking 100% of my magic with a heater shield and I was not able to break his poise when he was wearing warior gear. I hit him a few times and his health did go down a little, but not much. He slowly killed me with a painted guardian sword. I have no idea what was going on.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:40 pm

steveswede wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

There was at one point where the PS3 did get hacked but was sorted when firmware 3.56 was released. I watched my brother play COD MW2 and saw loads of people using hacks like homing bullets, super jumps and if I recall correctly, font hacks where people were changing the colours of their names. That was then though before Dark Souls.

Yeah I remember. I was playing Demons Souls back then but I didn't see any hackers there. I did have MW2 but I didn't go anywhere near it because I heard of those hackers infesting the game.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

BagerX2 wrote:Ran into what I think was a hacker on ps3 today. He was blocking 100% of my magic with a heater shield and I was not able to break his poise when he was wearing warior gear. I hit him a few times and his health did go down a little, but not much. He slowly killed me with a painted guardian sword. I have no idea what was going on.

Could be serious lag
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    BagerX2 wrote:Ran into what I think was a hacker on ps3 today. He was blocking 100% of my magic with a heater shield and I was not able to break his poise when he was wearing warior gear. I hit him a few times and his health did go down a little, but not much. He slowly killed me with a painted guardian sword. I have no idea what was going on.

Could be serious lag

Could have been. It didnt look laggy, and I was the host, but online games are funny sometimes.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm

steveswede wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

I call bullsh!t on this. Not at you personally but I've had the game since launch and have never faced a hacker (glitching is not the same thing if anyone tries to use that one), plus I have never seen a video nor seen a post in hacking forums showing what they can do. I ask for the burden of proof on the PS3 before I believe it.
    I versed someone with godmode before. My STR build has 50 STR and 25 DEX, and I backstabbed the guy 3 times with a black knight sword+5 with a hornet ring, and his health didnt move at all. I also swatted him a few times, and flattened him once with a stone greatshield. No damage at all.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:07 pm

It very easy for 2 people to BS each other at the same time, someone gets the animation but no dmg is dealt, this could be what happened to you maybe?

I would have to see video proof before I believed anyone, I also have played since launched and spent 1000's of hours without running into a hacker on PS3!

The 1 glitch that still isn't fixed(which I can't f#@kn believe) is the swing glitch were you can swing any weapon like your 2 handing a longsword :affraid:
    Come on From figure that Sh!t out already!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 am

I run into god-mode hackers all the time.Asked one why he did it,he said just to f*** around.It happens a lot in the forest.If only my build included a banhammer... 😢
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 am

depending on what you were using, great magic shield, the wolf ring and 1800+ hp could explain all of that.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/12wfby/latest_horrors_of_hacking_invaders/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/12u1yz/hackers_killing_gwyndolin_to_ruin_game_for_others/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/12u124/invader_killed_my_giant_blacksmith/

Links from this thread -> Mysterious Sunbro
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I feel horrible for you guys. I also feel awesome for buying a PS3, but I still fell bad for yous... sad
    ...but now I feel even more awesome!!! big grin bad... 😢 AWESOME! cheers bad :pale:
    AWESOME :affraid: bad :oops:...Oh God......I think I'm gonna.... :Baal01:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm