Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Maneater_Mildred
JY4answer
ViralEnsign_
7 posters

Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path Empty Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 am

Basically I intend to run a basic Balder Side Sword w/ Parrying Dagger set up with my Darkmoon Blade buff to top it off. At present I'm just wondering which upgrade path is going to work best for me, +15 or Crystal +5.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path Empty Re: Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path

Post by JY4answer Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 am

Crystal works better, but you can't repair it. And the Side Swords aren't that common a drop. You're warned.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path Empty Re: Balder Side Sword Best Upgrade Path

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 am

+15 if you dont want to be farming up new swords all the time, crystal weapons cant be repaired.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 am

I have several Side Swords so supply isn't a problem. So in terms of damage per hit Crystal seems like the way to go. Also I have repaired the crystalline armour before but then again it might be different as its not a weapon.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Yeah you can't repair anything crystal aside the armor. It's a little silly like that but it is what it is :/

If you don't already have it there is also a ring you can buy from Shiva when part of the forest hunters that decreases the amount of durability you use up.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:28 pm

I didn't think of that. Good call. I plan on practicing ripostes so the durability shouldnt decrease all that much. Thanks all. Now off to the Giant Blacksmith for me.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 am

Also you can't downgrade a crystal weapon just thought you should know I made that mistake with my black bow resently I wish I would have researched a little more sad
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 am

I vote for +15 but thats just me. It seems much more practical. I don't think the difference is worth the effort myself.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 am

I agree with Crusader. And shouldn't this be in the PVP forum?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:26 pm