Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
skarekrow13
reim0027
xB_WEEZYx
Sentiel
wolfboy
roanispe
Noob-of-Artorias
lordgodofhell
Saturday-Saint
Carphil
grossemesser
The Letter X
RANT
Jester's Tears
Myztyrio
Infighter
Ghadis_God
Red Rosie
hageshisa
FattyOfDoom
Juutas
WyrmHero
Emergence
User1
28 posters

The weapon with the best moveset in the game

Poll

What weapon does?

[ 11 ]
    The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [44%] 
    [ 9 ]
    The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 5 ]
    The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 25
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 Empty Re: The weapon with the best moveset in the game

Post by roanispe Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 am

I disagree. The 1hr2 beam always staggers, and depending if they are running and hit it, it's also a knockdown. The 2hr2 isn't that good outside of a wake-up game, but it performs exceptionally well at that aspect. Provided you can guess which way your opponent rolls, you can essentially chain them by continuously knocking them down.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 Empty Re: The weapon with the best moveset in the game

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 am

lordgodofhell wrote:On topic, the best moveset in the game for me has always been the moonlight greatsword. See my thread for awesome reasons why it is awesome.

I have to agree with the Great Scythe guys here as well. I have the hardest time against great scythes over any other wep in the game.

Although claymore and its mini version the long sword have excellent movesets, they are all too predictable when I face them. The dead angle range of the great scythe combined with its bleed and higher dmg per hit than the longsword/claymore make it a better choice for users to get proficient at using.
    Every single attack with the Claymore in 1 or 2 hands is viable in terms of both hitting the enemy and damage, wheres I can count on a Great Scythe user to use one of three or maybe 4 attacks for easy parries. If you're up against a predictable user, it's the user that's bad. Clay is one of the least predictable weapons in the game if used properly, while the Great Scythe is only powerful because its range makes its r2's very safe attacks with a very wide hit radius.

EDIT: I also agree with roan that the MLGS has great r2's. The explosion from the 2h will dead angle, and with a little bit of luck, is impossible to escape if they unlock and aim at the ground behind you or to the side. You can't ever guarantee to dodge it just by timing your roll properly, unlike most weapons in the game.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Red Rosie Sugar wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I love invading the Burg at SL5 and beating new players to death with a +0 Whip. I'll let them go through all their flasks and still kill them in the end, like slow and sadistic torture.

The weapon with the best moveset in the game - Page 2 Untitl10

Well What is it
    I was referring to Jester saying he loves the whip, it's fairly common not to quote the other guy on these forums if your post is right below his.

Well What is it
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 am

The bonewheel shield... what an amazing concept- I imagine it would feel like getting ripped to shreds by a rotary saw.... Also I die to the bonewheels in the painted world a lot...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am

Best moveset?

BSS
    Claymore
    MLGS
    Zweihander
    Iaito/Uchi
    Murakumo
    Rapier
    SKS
    BKGA

Longsword?
    BSS has more reach and same speed, it's second 1H R2 is stronger and has more reach.

Greatsword?
    This ones is about preference imo. I love to do two 2H R1s with Zwei finished by an R2 slam, flattening my opponent, but Greatswords R2 stab also has it's uses.
    xB_WEEZYx
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xB_WEEZYx Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 am

ew i couldn't even vote..
    im a dex person sorry

katanas ftw^^
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:MLGS has **** useless R2's.
    Not if you are good at manual aiming them. The spash damage from the 2H R2 is impressive and, rather annoying on wake up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am

Great scythes have limited movesets?

That's a big pshaw!!

Overhead attacks:
    -Much faster than most people realize and EVEN faster when they've hit.
    -Cornered/staggered opponents can be hit by many of these attacks successively
    -False sense of security. No one uses the overhead attacks right? Wrong. It's a hard (comparatively speaking) attack to roll toward meaning opponents roll to the side typically or back. How do you think you get people cornered? It's a farming tool....use it to herd the sheep

Sweeping attacks:
    -I think we all know how great those are

Running 2h r2:
    -In my opinion it's the best running attack in the game. Flasking? I would prefer you didn't. Running? Not so fast buddy. Switch to 2h on your weapon or catalyst in off hand? Here I come
    -It's also the same move for the dreaded backstep technique. Anyone who's seen me talk about fighting style knows I like to maintain a specific distance, outside of strike range for most people. Swing and a miss!! Well I won't
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 am

Only setback of Great Scythe is it's Stamina consumption and predictability of most of it's users.
    You know what I mean, spamming running R1 and attempting Dead Angles, so they don't have to worry about getting parried.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

I have found a love for the claws being dual wielded looks awesome and the roll is really good.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Velka's Rapier...cuz style is everything 8)
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Claymore. With the Tracers running a close second.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

roanispe wrote:I disagree. The 1hr2 beam always staggers, and depending if they are running and hit it, it's also a knockdown. The 2hr2 isn't that good outside of a wake-up game, but it performs exceptionally well at that aspect. Provided you can guess which way your opponent rolls, you can essentially chain them by continuously knocking them down.
    Assuming your opponent doesn't have the reflexes of a drunken sloth, it is pretty trivial for them to avoid MLGS wake-up R2's.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

You don't aim at them as they get up, you aim where they are going to roll to.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

roanispe wrote:What are i-frames, guys? I don't understand how this game works on a fundamental level.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Hilarious.

I'm sure you believe yourself to have better reflexes than a drunken sloth, and I would very much like to show you it isn't as useless you make it out to be.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:I like to belittle everyone who doesn't agree with me instead of having civil discussions because I think I've reached Dark Souls enlightenment
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 pm

We've got ourselves some FIGHTS!!!

I'm selling tickets at $2 a pop!

Who Wants In?!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm

The GSOA of course...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 pm

My money's on roan.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Ohhh you can write something and uh... and make it LOOK like someoene else quoted it... So like... Making them sound silly.... Kinda like uh... Sarcasm!

My god that is clever! *claps*

Look Skyward
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    roanispe wrote:What are i-frames, guys? I don't understand how this game works on a fundamental level.
    Don't be an ***, Sat.

(Irony not intended).
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 am

reim0027 wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Don't be an ***, Sat.

(Irony not intended).
    Being an *** is my job. I am good at my job.

Last edited by Saturday-Saint on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:02 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Don't be an ***, Sat.

(Irony not intended).
    Being an *** is my job. I am good at my job.
    Well, you've certainly had enough practice. Just tone it down.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:03 am

Back on topic. . . I have to go with the Claymore (out of the choices in the list).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:31 pm