Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Caster build

Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Caster build Empty Caster build

Post by Zeta Prime Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Iv always used melee builds all throughout my dark souls career and i really want to make a pure caster build (probobly because i just spent over 10 hours watching all of the harry potter movies in one week). I just don't know what spells to use.. for example i know soul spear is exceptionally powerfull but iv also seen that it is terribly easy to dodge. Im lookin for some real top class wizards to help me here.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Caster build Empty Re: Caster build

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm not a spell caster, but Pursuers, Dark Bead, Crystal Soul Spear, and Homing Crystal Soul Mass are some of the better spells.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

If i was going to be doing arena pvp for example would soul spear even be a viable option? i could always mix spells with pyromancies but i dont think i have the dexterity to pull them off properly. What do you think?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

It is an option. Even better with teams or free for all. Being sniped with the CSS hurts.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am

Poliwrath wrote:Iv always used melee builds all throughout my dark souls career and i really want to make a pure caster build (probobly because i just spent over 10 hours watching all of the harry potter movies in one week). I just don't know what spells to use.. for example i know soul spear is exceptionally powerfull but iv also seen that it is terribly easy to dodge. Im lookin for some real top class wizards to help me here.

I would love to help you in the creation of your Pure Wizard. There is honestly nothing like throwing a volley of spells at your opponent, watching the mix of colors, feeling with every hit the power of your spells, and standing tall after defeating a fully armored warrior. Of course the Pure Wizard was but a myth until the DLC dropped and brought two of the most powerful spells into the game with it. This of course means that the build itself is relatively new compared to most others, therefore there are not many around who know how to build one effectively. Pray tell, what SL are you aiming for?

Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Im going for sl 100 but if thats not really viable then i could push to wwhatever u think is best
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 am

Yo
    Prostration

Try these links:

Spell Combos

For tha Love of Castings

This is my sl 49 caster:

Yojimbo Wizard

If your going for arenas, then I'll just say going for the Pursuers-->CSS/Dark Bead combos and wearing CoD and BDCR with TinCrystalCat or whatnot is probably the "it" thing.

Imo the arena system is geared to exploit high damage and OHKOs. Arenas builds are a different breed if you ask me.
    I dont arena much.
    I'm all forest baby. twisted

But casters are fun man. You can be a caster/spellsword as oppose to a spellsword/caster for instance.

You have to ask yourself how you want to use the attunement system first off.

Do you just want Black Flame and Dark Bead?

Do you want to WoG-->Force someone off the edge?

Buffing?

*If you don't buff, you can put the catalyst in the right and and use a shield. It can be effective.

Do you want all power with few castings, or average to decent power with some "casting breathing room?"

My current favorite combo is: Black Flame (righthand)-->Force(lefthand)-->Great Combustion(righthand).

I need to do more testing when i get back on, but i think force does apprx 20 poise damage.

***EDIT***
    Oh ya casters cant backstab lol. Its hard to get use to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:31 am