Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Weapons upgrades questions

justme123

Weapons upgrades questions Empty Weapons upgrades questions

Post by justme123 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm

So I have two vaguely related questions. I have a divine claymore +10, and I go into the catacombs and it doesn't keep the skeletons from regenerating. I thought that was what divine weapons did? I did a little searching and I found some posts from other people that have reported the same thing. It sounds like it might be a glitch with the weapon? Or is there some minimum faith level that I need to make it work?
    Assuming that it's a glitch and it's useless as a divine weapon, I was wondering if I could make it into a flame weapon instead, to help me out with the S&O fight. Can I de-ascend it back to +5 and have Vamos make it into a flame weapon. The other issue is: do I need a fire ember for Vamos to make a flame weapon? The wiki says yes, but I've read where people say he can do it by default. The fire ember is in Izilith? or somewhere beyond where you need the Lordvessel to get to, so it wouldn't help me then. Kind of confusing, some conflicting info on this stuff.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Weapons upgrades questions Empty Re: Weapons upgrades questions

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:35 pm

Yes, you can return it to +5 at the cost of 1200 souls (assuming your at +10 divine, 400 per downgrade). You DO NOT need any sort of Ember to get a Flame weapon, however, you can only go up to +5 Fire. You'll need Large Flame Ember to get +10 Fire or Chaos Ember to get +5 Chaos. The Divine Claymore (should) keep enemies dead, if it's not, it's simply a glitch. If you have 14 FTH, try using Astora's Straightsword.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm

justme123 wrote:I have a divine claymore +10, and I go into the catacombs and it doesn't keep the skeletons from regenerating. I thought that was what divine weapons did?.

Yes and no. If you are the host, then it works. If you are a phantom, then it does not work. No one knows why. I think it's a glitch, but the 7 patches From released hasn't changed it.
    justme123

Post by justme123 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Oh, I'm the host, I'm playing hollow.
    There's a definite glitch with the Claymore. I got the Zweihander to Divine +1 and went into the Catacombs and cleared it, one of the easiest parts of the game in my opinion. Got the Claymore to Flame +4, so thanks for the info, Dibsville.
    There is some weird glitchy stuff in the Catacombs, though, maybe it's just my game. I cleared all the Necromancers, Pinwheel, the titanite. I go out of the room right by the bonfire, using the now flame Claymore, and the skeletons will not stay dead. I had to switch over to the Zweihander while they were hacking at me and then they stay dead. There's a big bug with the Claymore for some weird reason.

Last edited by justme123 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 am

That sounds more like a glitch with your catacombs...if the necros are dead, it doesnt matter what weapon you use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 pm