Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
hey its andres
fortune_faded
6 posters

So after experimenting with each weapon class..

fortune_faded
    fortune_faded

So after experimenting with each weapon class.. Empty So after experimenting with each weapon class..

Post by fortune_faded Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am

I have to say in full confidence that 1H Hammers/Clubs are the worst weapons you can use in PvP.

They are extremely easy to parry, easy to punish if you miss, have an incredibly small hitbox, and cannot dead angle to save your life.

The only benefit is that they can stunlock, but even still, an experienced player can easily toggle escape and parry/punish you. And getting into to close range leaves you vulnerable to bs's if you are not careful. Either way, I feel that the Hand Axe severely outclasses any of these weapons anyways as it's quick and breaks poise fast. Also UGS for just pure stunlock/damage.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, maybe there's something I'm missing. I realize the Pickaxe and War Pick have some potential, however, I'm talking about the maces, clubs, and blacksmith hammers.

If there's any Hammerpros out there or vids of awesome 1H Club PvP that doesn't just capitalize on buffs/criticals please share. I personally love the Blacksmith Hammer for it's simple design but I always get parried whenever I try to swing it :x

Last edited by fortune_faded on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing issues again...)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

So after experimenting with each weapon class.. Empty Re: So after experimenting with each weapon class..

Post by hey its andres Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Oh ho ho my friend, you have much to learn. The one hand roll attack with a dragon tooth not only provides a unique dead angle, but it also punished BS fishers up the butt. Not only that but if you don't lock you'll often never get BS; always be sure to vary your strong and "quick" attacks so that you throw off the parries and will normal land a near fatal blow. Oh don't forget to buff your Tooth. It's overkill.

I realize I think you mean light hammers and not "1H Hammers/Clubs" so please correct me if I'm wrong bounce
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

So after experimenting with each weapon class.. Empty Re: So after experimenting with each weapon class..

Post by WyrmHero Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Don't know which one is worst little hammer or axe.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Surprisingly (extremely) the crescent axe is decent. Its damage blows chunks, but its got good range and will dead angle if you're good about fighting unlocked. Its only slow if you miss (completely, hitting someone mid roll still prevents the stagger.)
    fortune_faded
    fortune_faded

Post by fortune_faded Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

hey its andres wrote: I realize I think you mean light hammers and not "1H Hammers/Clubs" so please correct me if I'm wrong bounce

Oh no, I very much realize the power of the big clubs like Dragon Tooth. Large/Great Club are my most used weapons. I'm talking about the club/reinforced club/mace/morning star/blacksmith hammers.

Hand Axe is very good for an off-hand to prevent bs's as it traces your opponent. It's also very quick in main hand and almost acts as a str-based Falchion.

Crescent Axe isn't considered the hammer-class I was talking about, I believe it's just an axe. Either way I know it has some potential as it's range is crazy long and also a good off-hand.

I suppose I shouldn't of said 1H club/hammer, as you can 2H any weapon in the game. Again I was referring to the Mace/Club/BS Hammer weapons.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Ah I understand. Well the reinforced club is pretty fun for the beginning of the game (maybe to about the gargoyles). The only benefit is that they...well yeah they kind of do suck, BUT they look different so if you were making a caveman build that'd be the way to go! What peasant look would be complete without the hammer or the pickaxe? Oh the Blacksmith's Giant Hammer is actually pretty good if you're lazy and want to kill one of coolest blacksmiths. I have to admit though, in low level pvp that will catch people off guard, but I digress. Power wise, they're mostly useless, but some of them have cool looks and stuff.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:13 am

[color:9271=FFF7A6]The small clubs and small hammers are designed to trade blows and catch people during rolls. Most efficient if used with a medium roll so you can get enough poise and HP to handle your opponent. If you don't miss, it deals out poise damage faster than any other weapon in the game, and it easily stunlocks. Often you can hit an opponent twice if you both start your attacks at the same time, and if you stun them, you have enough stamina to hit 7 or 8 times in a row.

Very high skill cap but very rewarding when you get them to work. My main build has 28 strength and 40 dexterity. When I enter NG++, I'll level a pickaxe up to +15 and show you how feiresome them can be in PvP. Genuinely one of my favorite weapons.
    fortune_faded
    fortune_faded

Post by fortune_faded Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:10 am

Rynn wrote:[color:7516=FFF7A6]The small clubs and small hammers are designed to trade blows and catch people during rolls. Most efficient if used with a medium roll so you can get enough poise and HP to handle your opponent. If you don't miss, it deals out poise damage faster than any other weapon in the game, and it easily stunlocks. Often you can hit an opponent twice if you both start your attacks at the same time, and if you stun them, you have enough stamina to hit 7 or 8 times in a row.

Very high skill cap but very rewarding when you get them to work. My main build has 28 strength and 40 dexterity. When I enter NG++, I'll level a pickaxe up to +15 and show you how feiresome them can be in PvP. Genuinely one of my favorite weapons.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I guess I'll have to experiment more, particularly catching people mid-rolls. I realize their stunlock potential, however, there's been multiple instances where my opponent toggles out and roll-bs's me while I'm in recovering animation from a missed hit.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 am

After swing 2 or 3, go for a bs. If they try a parry, it will work, if they don't your attempt is unpunished.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 am

My friend swears by the butcher. He says that it's a poise breaker, which makes sense because it's fast and does decent amount of anti-poise.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 am

Really, really easy to parry.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 pm

I like using the Warpick sometimes. I admit weapons like it are hard to get used to, but the Warpick gives me a nice success rate. You just need to know how to use it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:00 am