Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Lancelot
Yesuurd
Carphil
BARZOHD-
Black_Knight_Leon
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
IceIfrit666
callipygias
befowler
Mike-Lassen
SlakeMoth
russiannightmare
Yukon
Maneater_Mildred
User
berkut
Darkstar485
Toastfacekillah
reim0027
Serious_Much
Yarxov
ChizFreak
28 posters

Most Hilarious Moment

befowler
    befowler

Most Hilarious Moment  - Page 3 Empty Re: Most Hilarious Moment

Post by befowler Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 am

callipygias wrote:Holy ****. I just lost over 1,200,000 souls and 71 humanity by accidentally hitting B and flipping backwards off a ledge in New Londo.

I was being extra careful because a darkwraith had just killed me. My upgrades are just over 1,100,000 at level 328, I think. I'd just come back from the Firelink bonfire for the Very Large Ember I'd forgotten earlier after killing the Kings and I FORGOT TO UPGRADE WHILE I WAS THERE. That isn't even the worst part, the worst part is that the only weapons I'm upgrading right now are occult, so I don't even need that ember this playthrough.

Somebody please, please tell me there's some humor in this.

Wait, your weapon upgrades cost 1,000,000+ souls, or your level upgrades?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am

Is it the Pyromancy glove? Would make more sense in terms of 1,000,000 souls on one weapon... Still off though by a digit.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Post says "occult" and "weapons" so my guess is a combination of weapons the person is looking to try out with a faith build.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm

That's why I'm confused. I didn't think weapon upgrade costs scaled with level. Even with my high level guys it's always 200 souls or maybe 5000 per upgrade at most for dragon or boss weapons.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Sorry for the confusing post, but as you can guess my head was reeling at the time with my monstrous fail. I meant my level upgrades. Ever since I hit 250 my goal has been to get to level 333. (No reason other than 3 is my favorite number. Well... was my favorite number.)

How is it possible to go into 4 Kings with almost 900,000 souls, come out with over 1,200,000, then lose them to a darkwraith and a ledge? I guess that's just Dark Souls. I keep telling myself that individual level upgrades don't mean much this high, but still feel sick about it.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm

A hilarious moment for me has been in ToG.

As I still didn't have that much pvp experience I was trying to invade there as a DW at the second bonfire, but instead got invaded by the same DM over and over again. He always managed to one-shot me with a lagstab (just usual pvp). Finally at one of his invasions I decide to just fall on my knees in front of him, then I keep shrugging. He shrugs too and then just stands still. I also just stand there for a few seconds not knowing what to do, then I try to poke him awake with my spear. Instead of fighting back, he steps back, drops something, then steps back further. I'm confused, somehow thinking he must be trolling, that's probably some kind of trap. Anyway I pick it up, and it's a skull lantern. Ok, I'm thinking, I already have one, but damn! He gave me a present! I never had that happen before! big grin I fall on my knees again and bow a few times, he bows back and starts dropping another thing. This time it's a Black Knight Sword! I keep bowing and cheering while he's dropping another item... a Black Knight Greatsword! Wth? :shock: Just awesome! Then we both keep spamming the joy gesture lol. Then after a while I'm like, what now?

He points forward and starts walking. I follow him. He's pointing at the corpse that lies just before were those 3 skeleton dogs are, but I already picked up that item, so I just shrug, and we move on to those dogs. He walks directly in front of the first one and points at its face, like: "That's an enemy". Ok... so I approach the first dog with my eagle shield up. The dog immediatly goes crazy on me with his damn feet swinging attack combo. I get knocked off a cliff.

The End silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

That is so very awesome.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:00 pm

My best moment for comedy was getting pimp slapped unexpectedly by the undead dragon in the Valley of the Drakes. Even better.....my wife and stepdaughter were watching so it got all three of us going. I posted a full account of this in the Duke Archive thread with the more serious thought process (mine after the Blighttown ordeal) but after a few seconds of hindsight we all laughed.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Got summoned at the center circle on the way to 4 Kings a little bit ago along with another phantom. This is my SL137 char. so it's usually NG+ or ++. We're standing there cursing up when he gets invaded. I have VERY little (see--almost none) pvp exp., and the other 2 looked equally unsure. The phantom, who was geared up as a Channeler, was at the Firelink side of the bridge. He stared at us a while, then I think maybe he took pity on us, because he suddenly suicide runs at us, we all start swinging wildly as he reaches us, but all he did was go into his Channeler dance. A minute later I got a message that said, "You didn't let me finish my dance."

Marmoset271, if you're out there, you are awesome. If you ever invade me I'll just prostrate, man.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

^That is amazing!
    That is the most awesome classy and hilarious story ever.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 am

callipygias wrote:Got summoned at the center circle on the way to 4 Kings a little bit ago along with another phantom. This is my SL137 char. so it's usually NG+ or ++. We're standing there cursing up when he gets invaded. I have VERY little (see--almost none) pvp exp., and the other 2 looked equally unsure. The phantom, who was geared up as a Channeler, was at the Firelink side of the bridge. He stared at us a while, then I think maybe he took pity on us, because he suddenly suicide runs at us, we all start swinging wildly as he reaches us, but all he did was go into his Channeler dance. A minute later I got a message that said, "You didn't let me finish my dance."

Marmoset271, if you're out there, you are awesome. If you ever invade me I'll just prostrate, man.

UltraLoL, one of the best stories ever.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 am

Just had a pretty hilarious encounter in the Undead Parish. Starting a new Shiva of the East mimic character, so I'm bumming around the parish trying to make my 20k quota for the forest crest, I help a guy who is very clearly new (didnt know the lay out of the level, waited for me to moved etc) and we killed the iron boar at the start, make our way through the level and make it to the end summoning a 2nd phantom on the way. We made it all the way to the fog gate when the host bows and starts equiping his gear to fight the boss, He throws on his shiny new BOAR HELMET! and I did a jump for joy emote.

In this instant we are invaded and the invader spawns between the three of us with what seemed to be a drop aoe affect, all three of us instanly die. with me still in the middle of my emote, I fall to my knees with my fist still raised triumphantly in the air.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 am

^ Wth? lol

"Drop aoe effect"? You mean that thing were you get staggered when a foe drops at you (even from a small height)? So he must have spawned slighty above the ground? And how did that thing get you killed? Did I get something wrong?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I dunno, I didnt even see what he was wearing we heard the spawn noise and then a KA-**** (lol racial slurs... Ka-ching*). like he just fell from the air, lightening flew everywhere and killed all 3 of us at once.

It wasnt AOE like wog or anything, but it was like dropping from the ledge onto a swarm of monsters, you kind of kill them all within a circle around you even though in the animation your sword is not touching them and you have your back on them.

I really am not sure how to explain it, it was like having a lightening claymore summoned just about 2 feet off the ground and do the plunge attack, silencing our noble adventure.

Last edited by Yukon on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I invaded in Dark Anor Londo and nearly the second I spawned I started getting PSN messages saying things like "You better just leave now little boy or your going to get rolled." Lots of big talk and no sign of this guy anywhere. Long story short he continued to hide and talk trash for close to an hour, trying to intimidate me into leaving I guess? I'm not sure what his intentions were but all it really accomplished was annoying me enough to not leave. So eventually I decided that this kid was behaving badly enough that I wasn't going to allow him to escape with his Giant Blacksmith intact, so I camped back behind him next to where the Hawk Ring chest would be and just waited. Maybe 25 minutes later, making this ordeal close to an hour and a half total, I start seeing "Summoning Phantom" messages and the messages from him started rolling in again that he was going to "kick my @$$." I quickly messaged both of the kids he'd summoned explaining in the simplest terms possible what this kid had been doing for the last hour, in hopes that maybe they'd give him the sense of security to reveal himself to me and then back off, or something along those lines No response, so I figured I was probably on my own. A minute later all 3 of them come into the Blacksmith room, the kid walks to the front of the smith where I can see him and does "Well, what is it?" a couple of times then one phantom walks to one side of the smith and the host kid walks to the other and enters. Then the second phantom quickly follows the host in and just stops. Neither of the phantoms were moving, attacking, nothing. They got my messages, agreed with me, and effectively trapped this kid back behind the Giant smith with me. Absolutely epic. Kid lost the fight, and his smith, and about the time I started getting hate mail I also got two friend requests

I generally try to be nice when I'm invading too. Like if I invade and get a message asking me to leave for whatever reason, like if they're trading or just don't want to pvp, I usually will comply. I mean pvp is supposed to fun. This dude just went about the complete wrong way.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Yukon, so either he spawned above the ground and hit you with that fall attack, or it was just some ridiculous lag and he hit you with some lightning weapon with a large swing arc... Either way it's funny big grin

PlasicandRage, that was hilarious! I guess he deserved it, but I generally think people who fall for that trick with the blacksmith deserve it lol.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 pm

I think it's likely he spawned in the air, because the three of us were congested in the area where red's usually spawn, and I have seen people pushed around from their spawn point by people standing over them. It was probably that mixed with lag. 'Cause I messaged the host and he didn't seem as amused at me haha.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm

I understand that lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

He definitely deserved it. I'm all for trash talking in video games. I think it's all part of the fun, but this dude went above and beyond. He did nothing but strengthen my resolve to mess with him. The way it all worked out was just beautiful. Like the planets aligned for me for a minute. I can only imagine the look on his face when he realized what his phantoms were doing. He turned around once the second guy blocked him in and was trying to get by him and the guy just didn't move. It was absolutely priceless.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:40 pm

I was invading as a Dark Wraith in the Forest Earlier, most of the time I got invaded before I could go into another world, but it worked a few times. One time I entered and there were three farmers Giants with Masks of the Mother. So I don't want to give off any humanity, and start running for the cliff as they give chase. He must have been pretty greedy because he tried to BS me just before the cliff and I decided to roll back, pivot, backstab, launched him right off. At this moment I also noticed him and his phantoms had no health bars, and he apparently took no damage from me until his falling related death. Haha, I was ready to give up and I managed to kill a possible modder due to his blatant stupidity, farmers. What are you going to do with those goofs?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Burn them all!

Hilarious moments uh... I usually walk around while looking for things that could use a touchup on the wiki, usually this leads me to my death via either a mob or walking of a ledge.

PvP wise, still the moment where I got invaded above the painting room after crossing and shot the poor soul with my dragonbow. I can only imagine the look on their face if they even saw me whip it out as they crossed the middle.

Just now, totally wasn't paying attention and made a crystal hollow shield +4 Most Hilarious Moment  - Page 3 2707236321
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:46 pm

And you call yourself the upgrade master? silly ts ts ts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:42 am