Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Elifia
Kirk-Barb
Automancer
LunarFog
densetsushun
Paragon
KrazykevS10
Heroez Blade
leonardo503
13 posters

Dealing with griefers?

leonardo503
    leonardo503

Dealing with griefers? Empty Dealing with griefers?

Post by leonardo503 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Hello guys, created this topic to see what you guys do when getting invaded by a griefer!
    I was in Blighttown just now and got invaded by one, I was with toxic and without blooming moss so I just ran to the bonfire and then I saw the guy running in my direction, I parried his first atack and got a riposte, then the toxic activated my RTSR, got a nice backstab for half of his HP but then one of those guys with broken swords ran up to me and finished me off, derp lol!
    This happened with my Lautrec build that right now is using dual scimitars.
    So, what do you guys think about griefers, do you think that chainstabbing is a valid tactic agaisnt them?
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dealing with griefers? Empty Re: Dealing with griefers?

Post by Heroez Blade Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm

When I encounter a griefer I just go all out with my spear and kill him in 2-4 hits. I was actually by one today in the burg and he tried casting magic at me so I chased him and penetrated his soul with my spear. He only had 600 health so I assume he was a griefer..

Any method that suits you will work. Griefers are only good for getting in your way so the faster you kill them the faster you can get back to the game.
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Heroez Blade wrote:I chased him and penetrated his soul with my spear.
    I see what u did there xD
    Any way thanks for replying, guess I don't need to hold back agaisn't griefers then!!!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 pm

You should NEVER hold back against griefers.They have zero skill and are only there to ruin your day,there is no reason not to chug your SunnyD or kick them off a cliff.By all means,chainstab them if you are positive that they are griefing.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dealing with griefers? Empty strategy

Post by Paragon Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 am

If by griefing you mean getting invaded by a guy in the parish using full black knight set at and weapons at sl 20, then in that case running to the boss door is your best bet. I have no idea how this guy pulled off making a build like that but I tried to double team him with a summon and he OHKO'd me with the black knight sword one handed. The thing is though he wasn't amazing skillwise so I literally have no idea how he got that armor at such a low level unless he hacked.

In any case if your near a boss door, just run. Fighting griefers head on when you are at a disadvantage is exactly what they want, DONT give them that. Send them home empty handed
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 am

luvz2fight wrote:If by griefing you mean getting invaded by a guy in the parish using full black knight set at and weapons at sl 20, then in that case running to the boss door is your best bet. I have no idea how this guy pulled off making a build like that but I tried to double team him with a summon and he OHKO'd me with the black knight sword one handed. The thing is though he wasn't amazing skillwise so I literally have no idea how he got that armor at such a low level unless he hacked.

In any case if your near a boss door, just run. Fighting griefers head on when you are at a disadvantage is exactly what they want, DONT give them that. Send them home empty handed
    SL 16 Black Knight

The way I deal with griefers is to not be human in the Burg or Parish areas unless I finished my pre-game run:

• Grab the humanities at the Shrine
    • Go to New Londo, grab the large soul and Firekeeper Soul
    • Go through Valley of the Drakes, grab Soul of a Proud Knight, grab Humanity(optional, grab RTR)
    • Go through Basin, backstab Halberd Black Knight off into the abyss, grab Grass Crest Shield
    • Go to Garden, grab Wolf Ring(optional: grab Elite Knight set, kill butterfly)
    • Go to Andre, buy all smithboxes/repairbox(Optional: buy Crest of Artorias)
    • Go to Parish, kill Berenike Knight, grab Firekeeper Soul(Save Lautrec if possible)
    • Go back to Shrine, get Estus+2, grab Petrus' stash(homeward bones, Lloyd's talismans)
    • Kick Lautrec to his demise, reload for FaP ring(optional: Agro him to start his convo, then kick)
    • Go down to Catacombs, go human, use shortcut to summon Leeroy(if he's not being an idiot) and kill nubwheel(optional: do longer run through catacombs for fire weapon. Other option: become GL and get Gravelord Greatsword)

By now you have:
    Rite of Kindling
    Estus Flask+2
    Grass Crest Shield
    Wolf Ring
    Favor ring

If optional stuff are done, you have
    Elite Knight set
    Fire weapon
    Access to the Forest early on

All of this is easy enough to do with practice and allows you to grab great stuff early on for some anti-griefing.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:23 am

I chainstab the crap out of everyone I can. Griefers or not.

I deal with griefers by hiding in an impossible to get area until they leave. Unless I can somehow get to the boss, or summon phantoms to gank him.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 am

Also: griefer's worst nightmare
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 am

A grifers worst nightmare is another grief build?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 am

LunarFog wrote:A grifers worst nightmare is another grief build?
    In a nutshell, yes. The build was originally a level appropriate sunbro tank for the parish but I decided to build some anti-griefing measures in it twisted

Edit: To clarify, Parish griefers are usually pyro's or glass cannons. Take away their power and watch them back up into the hollows upstairs thinking it matters. That's the nightmare part twisted
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:58 am

...35 is a little high for the parish.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 am

Oh, forgot to mention that this one was the original one built for the co-op services thread. I decided to up it to 35 because 20 wasn't getting much activity, seems like most people don't need help against the Gargoyles anymore.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:11 am

Most griefers i fight don't know how to toggle escape and not to spam. I use them as practice for my dead angling stunlocks and parrying. Or i chain bs them for days. They use Gold Tracers and Zweis, i kill them with an unupgraded longsword. GG for days.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 am

I think griefers really only exist when you're new to the game and they can take advantage of that. Once you understand how builds and pvp work, you really can't be griefed anymore. Now I just think of them as lame, OP, invaders and fight them to the best of my ability. If I lose, no big deal, they had the advantage. If I win, very cool, I have overcome a very challenging enemy. Either way I always send them a GG message and continue playing on.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:01 pm

luvz2fight wrote:If by griefing you mean getting invaded by a guy in the parish using full black knight set at and weapons at sl 20, then in that case running to the boss door is your best bet. I have no idea how this guy pulled off making a build like that but I tried to double team him with a summon and he OHKO'd me with the black knight sword one handed. The thing is though he wasn't amazing skillwise so I literally have no idea how he got that armor at such a low level unless he hacked.

There's a big difference between PvP and PvE. I'm pretty crappy at PvP (don't get me wrong, I win often enough, but only because my enemies suck even more), but as stated in my sig, I practically completed a SL1 run. Also, they could just get someone else to give it to them.

Oh, and as for the tactic of running to the boss door: That's where they spawn. And if you're close enough, that's where they'll stay. They'll often just throw a chaos great fireball at you as you climb the ladder.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I usually spend the first few hours staying around sl4-5 trying to get a fire or chaos+7 or 8 weapon and a maxed pyro glove to mess with griefers. I'll kill queelag first then diahorea get the relevant embers and wait around the burg or parish to be invaded. Killing lautrec and getting the rofap early on helps.
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks to everyone for posting suggestions!
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 pm

having the gravelord greatsword can really even things up quickly. since most low level griefers have base vitality its toxic effect can be devastating. once they have been toxiced, switch to a bandit knife and buff it with rotten pine resin and spam the **** out of it. if the bleed doesn't get them, then being poisoned and toxiced will … or backstab them, you know, whatever.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Whenever I make a new run, the first thing I do is go down to Blighttown and pick up the 2 Large Soul of a Proud Knights. I then go to Valley of the Drakes and grab that Soul of a Proud Knight in front of the Undead Dragon. I do a speed run through the catacombs, unlocking every bridge, and make my way to Vamos. I kill the final Necro I see, (it's normally the only one I kill, but I have to kill it or the two skeletons will kill me while I'm upgrading my weapon). Now, there's a Green Shard just above where you drop down to him, so I grab that. I continue along to the hole to find Vamos. I consume the three souls, giving me a total of 8k souls, and, with the addition of the two skeletons, I'll have 9.2k souls. I buy 9 shards for 7.2k, and I upgrade the Estoc I picked up to Fire, costing 1.2k. This leaves me with 800 souls, I can either buy another shard or buy a homeward bone. I normally go with the Homeward bone. Then I go kill Pinwheel with the Estoc. Now I have a backstab weapon, and I go through the game with it. Should take 2 backstabs to kill a griefer, and chances are, they'll be too surprised to counter your new found weapon.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Griefers deserve no honor. Don't feel bad about making them suffer. Make yourself strong early on and know your territory better than they do. Most of them come in with a bag of tricks. Do not play their game but rather make them play yours.Oh, always have a +5 fire reinforced club and be ready to pounce.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:20 am

Usually if i'm making a Dex build, the first weapon i go for is my Great Scythe, i just love scythes so much. Once i get aggressive, these griefers revert back to what they really are. Smug cowards. They turtle while i dead angle them with the scythe. Makes me feel good inside.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:54 pm