Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Jansports
Elifia
Teh_hapy_octopus
Animaaal
8 posters

"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY!

Poll

In your opinion, which of the following 10 riddles do you think is the best? (Please read riddles below)

[ 2 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 5 ]
    "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [31%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY!

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Okay, so my advisory panel just informed me that ponies actually do not suck and The Great Mace was a pretty cool answer....

...however....

...through further investigation, we've found that ponies cannot cross their arms nor hold such facial expressions. This has led to the conclusion that Rynn is actively practicing cruelty to animals through the binding of apendages and unecessary botox injections.

We denounce such activities.

And also...I WILL LOWER TAXES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!

cheers VOTE FOR #1 cheers
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

"The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY! - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Riddle Off"....10 DAYS ONLY!

Post by Rynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Elifia wrote:From wikipedia:
    A delicacy is a food item that is considered highly desirable in certain cultures. Often this is because of unusual flavors or characteristics or because it is rare.

Delicacies are different across different countries and ages. Flamingo tongue was a highly prized dish in ancient Rome, but is not eaten at all in modern times. Lobsters were considered poverty food in North America until the mid-19th century, when they started being treated as they were in Europe - a delicacy. Some delicacies are confined to a certain culture, such as fugu in Japan, bird's nest soup (made out of swiftlet nests) in China and ant larvae (escamoles) in Mexico.

The dictionaries also state it as meaning 'something that is delicate'.
    1. Pleasing to the senses, especially in a subtle way: a delicate flavor; a delicate violin passage.
    2. Exquisitely fine or dainty: delicate china.
    3. Frail in constitution or health.
    4. Easily broken or damaged: a kite too delicate to fly.
    5. Marked by sensitivity of discrimination: a critic's delicate perception.
    a. Considerate of the feelings of others.
    b. Concerned with propriety.
    c. Squeamish or fastidious.
    7. Requiring tactful treatment: a delicate situation.
    8. Fine or soft in touch or skill: a surgeon's delicate touch.
    9. Measuring, indicating, or responding to very small changes; precise: a delicate set of scales.
    10. Very subtle in difference or distinction.

Still don't see how any of that is supposed to refer to the masks. They're butt-ugly, and their durability is pretty decent. Not very subtle either.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delicacy
    del·i·ca·cy
    /ˈdelikəsē/
    Noun
    The quality of being delicate, in particular.
    Fineness or intricacy of texture or structure.

Examples of DELICACY

The restaurant serves delicious sausages and other regional delicacies.
    the delicacy of the glassware
    The curtains were made from fine lace of great delicacy.
    a musician known for the delicacy of her compositions
    the delicacy of the young boy's features
    the delicacy of the perfume
    the delicacy of the wine's flavor
    Because of the delicacy of the situation, we needed to speak privately.

So yes, I'm wrong, it can be used for things other than food, however, I feel it seems incredibly out of place when used otherwise, and felt misleading. But I digress.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Animaal, I've only got 1 vote, and it's not even mine, why are you beating up on me? silly

Btw, if we've got more than one riddle, do the votes for our riddles tally up all together, or does one of our particular riddles have to win? 'cause one of those increases my 'chances' and one drastically reduces them silly
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Rynn wrote:....Animaal, I've only got 1 vote, and it's not even mine, why are you beating up on me? silly....

Dear Miss Rynn,
    Cruelty to Animaaals is something my campaign fights vigorously on a daily basis. We are huge contributors to the SPCA and citing such atrocities is only natural for us. We see what is going on, and just incase you, or people supporting your campaign don’t quite understand, here’s a video: silly

Spoiler:

Rynn wrote:...Btw, if we've got more than one riddle, do the votes for our riddles tally up all together, or does one of our particular riddles have to win? 'cause one of those increases my 'chances' and one drastically reduces them silly....
    Ya know, I haven’t thought about it much until now. But, its always been the intention of finding the best riddle. I don’t think a collaboration of votes on several riddles is the correct way to determine the riddle master.

As a matter of fact, I think the new chick is winning, which is actually pretty cool. However if it looks like the two of you (or anyone for that matter) is going to win in the end, then I think (and my advisors think) it would be an excellent idea to give the founder of the thread 10 free (hidden) votes. It seems like the fair thing to do, or at least that’s what they tell me. silly

cheers VOTE FOR RIDDLE #1 cheers
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:41 am

Elifia wrote:Very well, I'll accept the critique on my use of 'you'. But as for the maggot instead of the sun:
    But then I was brought,
    by that which you caught.

What was caught? The maggot. And the question was, what was brought by that which was caught. The maggot did not bring the maggot, it brought the sun.

Btw, letting Solaire go insane is not failing the quest, in my opinion. It's just what you get if you do the playthrough regularly. You'll either have to open a shortcut or avoid talking to him if you want to save him. That's why I believe that saving Solaire is just bonus, really.

I still don't know which one I like the most though. It's hard to stay objective too, when 1 of the contestants is yourself silly

I gotta disagree here~ Hollowing happens when the person gives up, when they lose their dream, if the Sunlight Maggot actually did bring a Sun then Solaire wouldn't go Hollow after finding it, he'd be running through the streets going "PRAISE THE SUN!".

And that's it~ That part is entirely your opinion. Letting Solaire go Hollow is just as fail as stabbing him in his sunny face. Since the Chaos Covenant is the only one that has zero PvP links (Or at least none for remaining in there) it can be argued that joining them, and thus unlocking the shortcut to save Solaire, is the "Regular" playthough.

Either way, I don't really care about the Riddle Off lol! It's not exactly what you'd call an unbiased judging silly
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am

So since animaaal doesnt seem to be around to do it, i shall declare a winner.
    and the winner is *drumroll*

Elifia!!!

Congratulations! you won with 5 votes out of 16 bringing you to 31% of the votes!
    You shall be now be known as the "Riddle Master"
    You can also become the riddle ref (more details on what it is and what to do in rules of the riddle post)
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 am

Kneel for me, pitiful mortals, kneel before your god! big grin

Well that was fun. Seemed like a lot of waiting for the poll to close though, I'm pretty sure nobody even voted the last 5 days. I guess that if I decide to become riddle ref, that'll be the first thing to change. Probably some different categories too. Now the question is, will I become riddle ref, or am I too lazy for that?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 pm

The decison is yours to make. I have stated clearly before that anything I have published in this thread or the original can be used for cut and paste.

Not only that, but the rules I've set forth allow for someone to take the idea, change the rules, cut and paste them, and pretty much choose to do whatever the heck they want.

I just wanted to make it that clear one more time.

The choice is yours thine Champion....thy Queen queen

Prostration Prayer Prostration Prayer Prostration Prayer Prostration Prayer Prostration

I wish you riddlers the best, I'll be sitting this one out...maybe a guess or two lol.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 am

if she declines can i be the riddle ref? it got second place big grin
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I think I'm gonna go ahead and decline the position of Riddle Ref. I don't think I'll be able to handle the responsibilities, not enough time, ye know? I'll gladly let octopus take the position happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 am