Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
psychichobo
leonardo503
6 posters

About the stone dragon in Ash lake.

leonardo503
    leonardo503

About the stone dragon in Ash lake. Empty About the stone dragon in Ash lake.

Post by leonardo503 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 pm

So, right now I just noticed something. When you first arrive at the stone dragon bonfire, it's already lit and it's kindled like the other bonfires with the fire keeper's. So does that mean that the dragon is a fire keeper too?
    I never noticed it was kindled to receive 10 estus. Sorry if someone already made a topic like this.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

About the stone dragon in Ash lake. Empty Re: About the stone dragon in Ash lake.

Post by psychichobo Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeah, I generally consider it a Fire Keeper personally. It's also the only Bonfire in the Game that you can't not light or put out. I do wonder why From never actually gave it the 'Reinforce Estus Flask' option too...

Also, Fire Keepers seem to be always female (Estus Flask info on the loading screens mention that reference with the fire keeper being female), so maybe that Dragon is also a gal.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

About the stone dragon in Ash lake. Empty Re: About the stone dragon in Ash lake.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 pm

And now you are obligated to lurk in the archives with that kind of thinking winking
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:49 pm

skarekrow13 wrote: And now you are obligated to lurk in the archives with that kind of thinking winking

we have 10 or more pages about this topic, its so crazy!

And the dragon is female, crying and begging you for scales from her lost family. Its so sad 😢
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 pm

This might not be proof for anything, but I watched a video in which the player kills the Everlasting Dragon through illegimate means on the PC version, and the bonfire does not go out. Also I should add that the Everlasting Dragon does have a dying animation.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, she doesn't let you reinforce Estus Flasks either. I think it's just put there by From to make you realise you can use the Bonfire, rather than see it as you have to kill the Dragon to gain access to the Bonfire. Plus, warping.

It's just interesting to imagine that there could be a Dragon Fire Keeper.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't think it would make any sense to have an Everlasting Dragon as a firekeeper. Since the Fire is favorable and useful to the Gods, and Gods are the enemies of the Dragons. Dark also wouldn't be useful to the Dragons. I would imagine they'd rather have their 'grey fog' back.
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Djem wrote:This might not be proof for anything, but I watched a video in which the player kills the Everlasting Dragon through illegimate means on the PC version, and the bonfire does not go out. Also I should add that the Everlasting Dragon does have a dying animation.

I saw that vid and the one where a guy kill Frampt and Kaathe too, I wonder why From didn't make Kaathe/Framp killable.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am

i always thought that there was a hidden fire keeper in that area somewhere. there are only three other bonfires that are already lit and kindled to 10 estus and those are directly related to firekeepers who can reinforce your estus, so i figured that there must be one on ash lake as well.

that bonfire was placed there for warping purposes but other bonfires that are in areas you need to warp to and from are not lit when you first arrive at them? so why is this particular bonfire already lit and kindled?

has anyone done an area map of ash lake on the PC? like the one i saw that showed the hidden paths in the crystal caves and the secret (unreachable) room in the duke's prison area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 am