Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Latitoast
jimmyc0341
GrinTwist
Shindori
fujiphoenix
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
psychichobo
Dibsville
Nybbles
Dusk Soul
Djem
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
User1
DemonOfFate
Virulas
21 posters

How do you start off a new character

Virulas
    Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How do you start off a new character Empty How do you start off a new character

Post by Virulas Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Restarted my character so i could use my new build (its in my sig) and the first thing i did upon reaching Lordran was go and get the Grass Crest Shield, Flamekeeper Soul, all the loot in the graveyard, and enough souls to get my endurance from 11 to 20. After doing that i then made it so i have 3 attunement slots instead of 2 and then started my run proper.

Started off as a pyromancer.

What do you do? and is there anything else i should have gone and gotten?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How do you start off a new character Empty Re: How do you start off a new character

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:25 pm

I always go grab the Great club if i'm on a str build (Which is always) or i farm for the large club right at the start. And to complete the look i go and grab the Plank shield as well as a couple of souls.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

How do you start off a new character Empty Re: How do you start off a new character

Post by User1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 pm

If you are playing dex, you should go and grab the Great Scythe from the Catacombs. And get the Silver Serpent Ring and Dark Hand. It would also be helpful for you if you got into the Darkwraiths at a low level. The armour you get looks sweet and is great early on.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 pm

if its a str build i buy the reinforced club asap and upgrade it, get the firekeeper souls in new londo and the church and just keep going. quality build the same except i get the clamore and hallberd and upgrade those.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:If you are playing dex, you should go and grab the Great Scythe from the Catacombs. And get the Silver Serpent Ring and Dark Hand. It would also be helpful for you if you got into the Darkwraiths at a low level. The armour you get looks sweet and is great early on.

Who would have enough Humanity for that armor that early on?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Also you have to kill the Four Kings. If you kill the Four Kings it's not early anymore is it?
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I usually go down to the valley of the drakes to grab the (Proud Knight?) Soul by the Undead dragon, then I go through Darkroot basin to grab the Hunter's set (mostly for the longbow) and then go to the parish to open shortcut. If I am doing a dex build and didn't start as a wanderer I also pop down to blightown for the set (I love that coat so much) and the falchion.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:If you are playing dex, you should go and grab the Great Scythe from the Catacombs. And get the Silver Serpent Ring and Dark Hand. It would also be helpful for you if you got into the Darkwraiths at a low level. The armour you get looks sweet and is great early on.

Who would have enough Humanity for that armor that early on?

You know I can hack. silly

For people that don't want to do that, what about a friend gifts them it? I didn't do that though. Gifts are casul (Sponsored by Linda's Lip Gloss Galleria). I just hacked in the Humanity. happy
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:42 pm

loot the graveyard, grabbing the home bones, the zwei hander and the winged spear.

make a run into new londo ruins for the the firekeeper soul and home bone back to firelink shrine. grabbing the estoc along the way.

run through the shortcut to blighttown swamp, grabbing the crimson armor along the way. make my way to the great hollow and all the way down to the everlasting dragon, making sure to pick up the cloranthy ring and grabbing the titanite chunks. join the covenant and cut off the dragons tail. home bone back to firelink shrine.

equip dragon head stone, using the blighttown shortcut kill the undead dragon for its loot, run the rest of the way through the valley picking up the humanity, bandit's set and red tear stone ring.

if i survive the jump from the tower where you pick up the red tearstone ring, go up the elevator and rest at the bonfire, otherwise it's another run back through the valley of drakes. kill the black knight with the estoc (if i'm lucky, i'll also get the bk halbered) and grab the grass crest shield.

make my way over to kill havel then go up to andre, grabbing the elite knight armour, wolf ring and killing the titanite demon on my way.

grab the firekeeper soul from the parish then go all the way over to solaire for the soapstone before returning to firelink via the lower burg shortcut.

now the fun part, suicide run through the catacombs to join gravelord cov, then kill the titanite demon and home bone back to firelink shrine.

at this point i can clear out the rest of londo ruins for the very large ember and farm dark wraiths for the dark hand, chunks and slabs (i'm pretty sure they drop those … right?). or i can also go back into the asylum and trade with snuggly and potentialy get a black knight sword as well as a Slab (Sponsored by Excavating Supply Co. - Keep a Diggin') from the stray demon.

now i can do anything i want with some pretty decent gear.
    Virulas
    Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Virulas Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:47 pm

So far heres where i stand:
    - Killed the Taurus Demon
    - Killed the Black Knight in: Darkroot (near grass crest shield) and in Undead Burg
    - Killed Havel
    - SL12

im honestly amazed at how far ive come, skill wise. If i had attempted any of this solo when i first started playing, i would have died quite fast
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:48 pm

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 pm

I found the Catacombs easy to do suicide runs in early on. Blight town can go to hell though, I die so easily there.

I go for Astora's Straight sword. Cleric builds love that. Loot graveyard too, grab some stuff from New Londo, and generally just take it slow from there.

Heck, sometimes I'll just mess about with the weapons I find. I really enjoy the burg.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Normally I go for the reinforced club if my base stats have high enough str. After that you run for help and chain BS him until you have his ring. Congrats now you can wear armor and fast roll. Then, depending on my pvp preferences if any, I either kill the Taurus Demon or skip him. Either way I go to the black smith (kill the titanite demon) and get the elevator open. Oh and I always go for the wolf ring so I can actually have some poise. From here it really gets specific, but it usually revolves around finding my weapon, if possible, and reinforcing it to raw +5. I also save Lautrec (Dingy Robes FTW!) and talk to Solaire somewhere in there. Also run past the dragon to open the sunlight altar. Oh, and I always kill Pinwheel so I can kindle if I need to. You can also get the fire keeper soul in New Londo and Blighttown (Blighttown if you take the master key shortcut). For weapons, I would suggest doing either an Uchi for dex, or a Zwei/Claymore for str. This sounds about right. One last thing, I normally do this before leveling up so by the time I do level up all my armor and weapons are good, and when I level up by that time it allows me to steamroll through the rest of the game.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Get the firekeepers soul in nl, rush to blighttown to farm the slugs for enough green titanite(usually lucky and get 10) and hwb out, buy a reinforced club or if i'm lucky get a BSS drop and get andre to +5 them, tear back to firelink go to catcombs to get vamos to +5 fire the weapons and pick up scythe on the way and homeward bone out. Kill havel and basically go from there.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 pm

First I blitz for the new londo firekeeper soul, then I go through the burg into the Basin and open the short cut from the parish to firelink and from the bridge to the burg. I upgrade my weapon to plus 5, go down to the depths to get the large ember, farm the slugs in BT for a plus ten weapon. I do the gargoyles and spider lady, then go down to new londo, get the very large ember and farm chunks, get a plus 14 then go to the great hollow to get a slab and make a plus 15 weapon. Then I do Sens and progress through the game as normal. A plus 15 comes in very handy in Sens and Anor Londo happy
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm

I kill everything.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 am

Depends, if it's a PVP build I level it up to SL 7. After I normally head over and ring both bells which takes about 25 mins. After I upgrade a longsword to around +14 and kill the four kings. Than I just progress as far as I need too until I level up to 55, which normally takes about two hours it's normally by that time Seath and Nito are still alive but everything else is dead. Not hard.

If it's a PVE run through that depends on the challenge. My most recent one so far has been the White Hollow run where I can only upgrade weapons to a +5, but they can't be upgraded with demon or twinkling titanite. Not to mention I couldn't wear a upper armor either. It's by far the hardest run I've had so far.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:15 pm

This^^. I do this alot w/my new characters. I head down to The Catacombs, beat Pinwheel(after summoning Leeroy) Get Rite of Kindling, homeward Bone back to 1st Bonfire in Catacombs, then make my way to Vamos, pick up Great Scythe,green titanite shard, then upgrade Great Scythe to FireGreat Scythe. I absolutely love this weapon and honestly it's the only weapon I'm good with. It's a pain in the *** to get it but some runs are easier than others sometimes.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

You people and your scythes tongue
    The only reason that I don't go for fire weapons is that you can get the large ember before you even fight the Taurus Demon, and a buffed raw+5 will carry you quite a ways. Plus, I don't like having my damage split, without buffs, even though I know that fire kicks butt for the majority of the game.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Scythes are OP, hence, everyone should love them.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:37 pm

I think, more than anything, that they just have the best dead angle especially the great scythe. They don't fool my now anymore because all you have to do is roll into the swing silly
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm

I usually just grab the Graveyard stuff, the Fire Keeper soul, and if I'm on a Dex build I usually grab the parrying dagger.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 pm

I start off naked with a broken sword, then I find a shield, then a better weapon. Then I fight this big *** demon, who usta kick my ***. Now I kick his.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 pm

"I start off by speed running through the Undead Asylum.
    5 minutes.

As soon as I reach Firelink, I run down to New Londo. I use a Transient Curse and start farming the ghosts for a Jagged Ghost Blade. This can take anywhere from 3-100 kills, depending on my luck. Through all these kills, I obtain enough souls for the Sorcerer's Catalyst, Soul Arrow, and Heavy Soul Arrow. I pick up the Fire Keeper Soul from the three ghosts on the bridge. Now it's time to run through for every item. At this point I already have the Estoc and the two Transient Curses, as well as the Soul of a Lost Undead. Fire Keeper Soul comes next. I go break the pots and collect two more curses. I run up the stairs, across the bridge. I run in the room then go to the open area on the right. I stand there for about 3 seconds so the ghost blocking the door moves. Now I run down the stairs and grab the Parrying Dagger. I continue along, past the Fog Gate and grab the final two curses. Now I run through the fog gate and kick down the ladder. I pick up the Soul of a Proud Knight as no ghost will attack me while grabbing it. I continue along. I jump over the broken bridge gap, and grab the Green titanite Shard. I turn around and grab the soul, the continue along to the Composite Bow. Now I run back and grab the Humanity. I turn around, go on the roof, grab the Rare Ring of Sacrifice, and jump off. I run in, grab the Soul of a Proud Knight, I jump through the hole in the wall, turn around, and run to the Cursebite Ring. Then I commit suicide. I now have every item in New Londo, and I haven't even attacked any ghosts past the first part.

Next comes the Catacombs. I already know I'll need homeward bones for this area, so I jump down the elevator shaft and grab everything. I grab all the misc souls around Firelink, as well as reinforce my Estus and grab the Firebombs. Now I suicide run for every item in the graveyard, ending at the Binoculars. I turn around and run into the entrance of the Catacombs. I run down and turn the first lever. I don't kill the Necro, there's no need. I continue along and pick up the Lucerne. I then run through to the second lever, and grab the Soul of a Proud Knight behind me. I run across the bridge and roll off the side-- I kick off any skeletons that follow me. It won't kill them, but it will get them off my back. I run up and say "No" to Patches. I run across the bridge, through the Fog Gate, and down to the Darkmoon Seance Ring. I grab this every playthrough, no matter what the conditions are. I use it on every playthrough. Now I continue along, rage at the developer message that says "Up" and I grab TWoP. I go through the floor and do the same catacombs run I did before. I say "No" to Patches again, and I turn the lever. I run down. I go through and pick up the Great Scythe, then I use Soul Arrows or the Composite Bow to kill the Necro by knocking him off. I turn the lever, and run to the second Green titanite Shard. I consume some of the souls I have picked up so I have 8.4k total. I buy 9 shards, and upgrade a weapon to Fire. Normally the Great Scythe if I have 14 DEX, or the Lucerne. If I'm doing a STR build, I'll upgrade my starting weapon, which will most likely be Battle Axe. Now I run through and kill Pinwheel with my new fire weapon. I get the mask, and continue along. When I reach the third tomb you slide down, I slide to the right for a Humanity. I burst through Patches dialogue, and have him kick me down. I pick up a Large Soul of a Proud Knight (two of them), and the Skull Lantern. I homeward out with my 15k souls. I level up from here.

There is one more place for me to go before I can start the run.
    Blight Town.
    First thing I do is open the door and grab the soul. I run through to the undead dragon, grab the Soul of a Proud Knight, Astora's Straightsword, and the Dragoncrest shield. I hug the wall and roll through his swipe. I continue along to the first Drake. I take a quick right and pick up the Humanity. I run out, cross the bridge, pick up the Bandit's gear, and climb the ladder. I grab the Red Tearstone Ring and jump off. I jump off so I will land next to the door, this will allow me to live. I run across the bridge and activate the elevator. I reactivate it so it goes down, and I continue along. I kill the BK by backstabbing him off, and I pick up the Grass Crest Shield. I run up and kill the Lizard. I continue and I parry Havel to death for Havel's Ring. I grab the Hunter Gear and longbow, then I kill the four treemen. I talk to Andrei and learn "Hurrah!", and I buy a Broadsword. I turn around and go get the Wolf Ring, I'm sure I don't have to describe that. I run back to Andrei and up to the Firekeeper Soul. I pick it up and go down the elevator. Almost done!

I reinforce my Flask and go down to New Londo again. I go through to Blighttown, my second favourite area, (behind Painted World). I grab the Key, and then down to the Crimson Armor. I don't bother with the Firekeeper soul as I like to keep Anastacia alive. I continue down to the swamp. I pick up the Large titanite Shard, and then the Large Soul of a Proud Knight. I go grab the Pyromancer gear, and the Poison Mist pyro. I pick up the other two Large Soul of a Proud Knights, then I run through to the Great Hollow, getting the Plank Shield and a Twin Humanity. I jump down to the Cloranthy Ring and go back to Blighttown. I start to go from the bottom up. I pick up the Wanderer gear and the Falchion. I continue up and grab the whip. Now comes the hardest part of my new run. I grab the soul and climb the ladder. I kill the Blowdart ***, and I run to the cave. I kill 5 Ghouls by kicking them off. I go down the ladder and kill the "Thing". I grab Power Within. I grab the soul, go up the ladder, kill the two dogs as well as a Ghoul. Then I completely go through Blighttown. It would take too long to describe so I will just list what I pick up.
    Shadow Set, Iaito, Soul of a Proud Knight (2), Blooming Purple Moss Clump (3), Humanity, Eagle Shield. I homeward out with about 8k souls.

I have officially gotten almost everything I could possibly need for a new run. If I'm making a DEX build, I'll run back to Vamos and make my Iaito to +5, otherwise I'm good to go for Tauros Demon. I do this on EVERY new playthrough, and it normally takes about 3 hours."
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Well that's...thorough. +1 for Yui ❤

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:04 pm