Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
crbngville2
User1
passivefamiliar
7 posters

servers should be like demons souls are.

passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

servers should be like demons souls are. Empty servers should be like demons souls are.

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:55 am

demon souls just got a revival, and it has reminded me how much better the online connectivity is vs dark souls.

just spent half and hour playing, back to back invasions or summons. only 1 failed invaision, and the guy disconectted to avoid the fight.

i'm not arguing demon vs dark GAME. but i want the server to be set up like demons souls, dark souls online was always a hassle for me, many times it ruined the experience.

summoning failed! invasion failed!

i never want to see this again, it needs to be a fluke thing. not a 50/50 thing.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

servers should be like demons souls are. Empty Re: servers should be like demons souls are.

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 am

I couldn't agree more on this. I'm sick of connectivity problems in general, and when I can connect, I despise seeing those messages. Just makes me feel like throwing a grenade at the game box.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

servers should be like demons souls are. Empty Re: servers should be like demons souls are.

Post by crbngville2 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:06 am

I agree 1000%! I recently played Demon's Souls again with some friends and had the same thoughts and experiences. I Want the old servers back for Dark Souls 2 as well.

Edit: Be prepared to hear some negativity about this topic from the European community,
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 am

crbngville2 wrote:Be prepared to hear some negativity about this topic from the European community.
    You just saved me the effort.

The problem is that Souls games are the most active in NA region, while the least in EU. So EU players like me, will have next to zero activity around a year and later after the game's release. While it may solve lag and latency problems, it will shorten the game's lifespan for EU players by a lot.

Let's say it like this.
    If Dark Souls had serves like Demon's Souls has, I wouldn't be here, because I would've left the game for low activity.
    For better, or worse. lol!

I'd like if Dark Souls 2 had servers, but if it still remained region free.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:31 am

I would like it as many MMO's do it. Pick your server when you log in.
    IzalithFM
    IzalithFM

Post by IzalithFM Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am

No thanks, if you have played on the European servers lately (or within the last 2 years) you would know that its a ghost town. In all my time playing i have seen a total of 3 summon signs, have been invaded once and have been summoned once after a 20 minute wait.

I agree that in those sessions the connection was good, but the separate servers really killed the longevity of the game for Europeans and i would hate for that to happen to DkS2. I'm all for servers as long as they aren't locked and you can choose which to play on (but doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of regional servers?).

I would rather From improved or streamlined the net-code and made summoning and invading more reliable, after all 5 horribly laggy matches a day is better than 5 matches in total.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 am

No, it helps increase connectivity for everyone logged in, and lag for distant servers (eg a spanish guy playing on the US east coast server) would be no worse than now, other variables not withstanding.
    IzalithFM
    IzalithFM

Post by IzalithFM Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 am

So not much will change with unlocked regional servers aside from better connections for NA vs NA matches since NA will be the server everyone not Japanese will be using. Even though some would see it as a positive, the further splitting of Japanese and western players wouldn't be beneficial for the online activity. If they make server hopping easy (change it at the menu screen rather than having to have an NA account and *** account) then it would be a straight upgrade from DkS. Really as long as it isn't region locked I'm happy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 am

Not necessarily true. I've no need to speak to most people. I'll log into whichever server is most active, as will many others. If thats the japanese server, so be it. In fact I've had more awesome battles against japanese players than US or EU players so I might just stay there. In which case, it wouldn't decrease lag because of distance, but it would make connecting to people in the server easier than with P2P.

I was talking about server hopping from the main menu. The character is stored on the system, so there is no reason I'm aware of to demand separate accounts for separate servers. That it happens at all bothers me.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

We europeans wanna have fun too D:
    IzalithFM
    IzalithFM

Post by IzalithFM Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 am

I was more referring to the majority of western players, and NA will be without a doubt the most popular server after Japanese servers. I also have had some very good matches with Japanese players and I was talking about certain people in the community that seem to hate them. Another thing that may be a problem with regional servers would be time zones, but this would also be solved with easy server hopping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am