Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
aceluby
vixder/pennywise
6 posters

Some Newb Questions

vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Some Newb Questions Empty Some Newb Questions

Post by vixder/pennywise Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello everyone
    I´m now 90+h into Dark Souls and I am just now starting to understand the pvp-mechanics. So I would like to ask a couple of questions:

1. Is there some kind of FAQ or other explenations for all the weapon and spell acronyms? I wanne avoid looking up every single one in the wiki and since I play mostly without spells, I know nothing about them.

2.Fight Club sounds awesome and I will join the next one, but I find it inconvenient to keep Quaalang alive. I know the arena is great, but wouldn´t it make more sense to hold FC in the Depths, where you have an kind-of optional boss? Maybe the Ante-room of the dragon?

3.I went to ng+ a couple of days ago and for pvp-sake I kept the tower gargoyle alive. I was invaded in undead parish and all of a sudden I hear the bell of awakening in the tower. Is it possible for Invaders to ring the bell for you or was that a bug (the guy in firelink, who normaly comments on the ringing only said his normal lines). If so, is it possible to get into Sens Fortress without killing the gargoyle and Quaalangexxczder (whatever her name is).

4.Is there a diffrence between backstabs and what people here call "lackstabs"?

5.If you host a duell, is there a gesture the host can use to show that he will not participate in the fight?

6.I´m still trying gather info on the covernants, but my main question would be: How can I pvp in an area where the boss is dead?

Thanks for your time and I´ll see you when you kill me.
    Greetings from cologne
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Some Newb Questions Empty Re: Some Newb Questions

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 pm

vixder/pennywise wrote:Hello everyone
    I´m now 90+h into Dark Souls and I am just now starting to understand the pvp-mechanics. So I would like to ask a couple of questions:

1. Is there some kind of FAQ or other explenations for all the weapon and spell acronyms? I wanne avoid looking up every single one in the wiki and since I play mostly without spells, I know nothing about them.

2.Fight Club sounds awesome and I will join the next one, but I find it inconvenient to keep Quaalang alive. I know the arena is great, but wouldn´t it make more sense to hold FC in the Depths, where you have an kind-of optional boss? Maybe the Ante-room of the dragon?

3.I went to ng+ a couple of days ago and for pvp-sake I kept the tower gargoyle alive. I was invaded in undead parish and all of a sudden I hear the bell of awakening in the tower. Is it possible for Invaders to ring the bell for you or was that a bug (the guy in firelink, who normaly comments on the ringing only said his normal lines). If so, is it possible to get into Sens Fortress without killing the gargoyle and Quaalangexxczder (whatever her name is).

4.Is there a diffrence between backstabs and what people here call "lackstabs"?

5.If you host a duell, is there a gesture the host can use to show that he will not participate in the fight?

6.I´m still trying gather info on the covernants, but my main question would be: How can I pvp in an area where the boss is dead?

Thanks for your time and I´ll see you when you kill me.
    Greetings from cologne

1. Not that I know of, just ask if you don't know what it means

2. I believe there is a host that will summon two players, in this way you only need one person to not have taken out Quelaag and it doesn't need to be you.

3. There is an element of the game where if someone on the same cluster of consoles rings a bell in their game it rings it in all of the games around them. No, an invader cannot ring the bell for you.

4. It's 'lagstabs' and those refer more to backstabs due to lag where it doesn't look like you could have been backstabbed. Some also refer to it when talking about pivot backstabs, only because the pivot backstab is amplified due to lag.

5. Not that I know of.

6. You can still invade when the boss is dead, just use the red or blue orbs. You can also get invaded in dark anor londo w/out a boss if you kill Gwyndolin before attacking Princess Gwynevere, but this is probably a glitch.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:49 pm

hi and welcome, im gonna try to answer your questions as best as i can.
    1)i really dont know but you can always go to the weapons section and spells section and the rest should be easy to figure out.

2)you can leave quelagg alive only if you wanna host.

3)no

4)the difference is really bad lag

5)try to do the proper bow? not sure.

6)you can still invade with the red and blue orbs, also you can put your red stone sign that you find in the painted world.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Awsome, thanks for the quick answer.
    Another question: In Demon´s Souls they had regional versions of the game, and I heard that in Dark Souls this is not the case.Since I seem to run into a lot of Asien people (I´m from Germany) I wonder what this cluster of consoles you mentioned is and how it gets generated.
    SenSen

Post by SenSen Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm

aceluby wrote:6. You can still invade when the boss is dead, just use the red or blue orbs. You can also get invaded in dark anor londo w/out a boss if you kill Gwyndolin before attacking Princess Gwynevere, but this is probably a glitch.

Additonally you can use the "Dragon Eye". But it has more Problems than the Red Soapstone. Not jus because you "ask" the Host to invade him but he also has to carry a dragon scale to even see your Dragon Eye.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:37 pm

vixder/pennywise wrote:Awsome, thanks for the quick answer.
    Another question: In Demon´s Souls they had regional versions of the game, and I heard that in Dark Souls this is not the case.Since I seem to run into a lot of Asien people (I´m from Germany) I wonder what this cluster of consoles you mentioned is and how it gets generated.

I don't know how it gets generated, but clusters of consoles are put together in a similar manner as a server. We tend to use the term 'server' a lot, but in reality there are no physical servers, just a bunch of consoles that are 'linked' via peer to peer (console to console) technology.

Just as an FYI when you put down your white soul sign you can force yourself to change clusters.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

SenSen wrote:
    aceluby wrote:6. You can still invade when the boss is dead, just use the red or blue orbs. You can also get invaded in dark anor londo w/out a boss if you kill Gwyndolin before attacking Princess Gwynevere, but this is probably a glitch.

Additonally you can use the "Dragon Eye". But it has more Problems than the Red Soapstone. Not jus because you "ask" the Host to invade him but he also has to carry a dragon scale to even see your Dragon Eye.

Has this been confirmed? Last time I heard there were people who didn't have a dragon scale that were still able to host.
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

One more: White soul signs come from White Sign Soapstone, red signs from the red soapstone.But I frequently see golden soul signs. Where do they come from?
    Also, why did FromSoft use soapstones? That seems kind of random.

Last edited by vixder/pennywise on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 pm

they are from white soapstone, but being a member of a specific covenant makes your summon sign gold.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm

New player FAQ with acronym terms towards the bottom:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 am

Just what I was looking for. Cheers, mate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:20 pm