Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Automancer
Kyuseishu
Werdax
Rynn
Latitoast
DemonOfFate
User1
The_Red_Drifter
Soris Ice Goldwing
XuitusTheGreat
Tanklord
grossemesser
Forum Pirate
jimmyc0341
KrazykevS10
EeAyEss
reim0027
Carphil
Tchuwib
The Letter X
Pilgrim34
Dibsville
Elifia
Saturday-Saint
Paragon
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dubscythe
31 posters

Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions? Empty Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Post by Dubscythe Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 am

I recently picked up invading which must sound weird, but I've barely touched Dark Souls PvP and figured if I made an SL55 character to invade in some of the mid-late game areas it would liven up the game for me a bit. So far, I haven't really found the desire to use honorable PvP etiquette. I mean, I won't insult the host with Well What is it , but I don't bow and I'll try to take them out as efficiently as I can.

What is your guys' opinions about this? I mean yeah, some people say that it can be jerkish but getting invaded is the risk people take when they are human. Should I really bow to some random person and allow them to prepare for the battle when I'm just trying to kill them?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions? Empty Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 am

It's totally up to you, but provided the host isn't being an outright jackass (trust me, you can tell), is a fair distance away, and doesn't have 20 phantoms backing him up I'll give a bow or, at the very least, a wave.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions? Empty Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Post by Dubscythe Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:39 am

On another note, I just witnessed someone getting gravelorded. They just sort of pop out of nowhere.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 am

I try my hardest to be an evil invader but I am almost never able to pull it off and usually end up doing something nice for the host. Im so lame sad
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 am

I was PvPing today and I saw GL signs all over the place.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:43 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I was PvPing today and I saw GL signs all over the place.

I didn't see any signs but I invaded like 5 different GL's today. Das kray kray yo. (Thats crazy yo)
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:48 am

luvz2fight wrote:I try my hardest to be an evil invader but I am almost never able to pull it off and usually end up doing something nice for the host. Im so lame sad

I don't do anything, I just kind of walk up to them and begin fighting. I might start bowing if I kill them just so I don't come across as a complete jerk.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 am

lol

no
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:11 am

The only time when Im able to pull off being a jerk is when im Darkmooning with my Tarkus.

I just keep telling myself: they sinned THEY DESERVE IT

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 am

I was invading in Demon Ruins with my SL55 Kirk cosplay for a while. Every time someone bowed at me, I smashed them in the face with my shield. The damage from that isn't much, but it brings the point across. I'm here for an invasion, not a duel. Who the hell goes to Demon Ruins to duel anyway?
    There's 1 guy though, I invaded him so often, yet he kept bowing, and I kept smashing his face. I won every time too (probably cuz I decided to back off into some mobs to heal whenever he started combustion spamming). Eventually I kinda felt sorry (he was quite friendly, and always put up a good fight), so I dropped him 10 twin humanities.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:06 am

I bow to my opponents, if they backstab me during that time, I OHKO them. If they bow back, I'll use my duel etiquette. If they do nothing, I'll simply fight them.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:23 am

Dibsville wrote:I bow to my opponents, if they backstab me during that time, I OHKO them. If they bow back, I'll use my duel etiquette. If they do nothing, I'll simply fight them.

+1, I try to do similar to you. I much prefer to fight people in a fair way, a duel is so much more fun if both people are fully focused on the combat. If they heal/bs fish/gank/spam then you can forget the etiquette and I'll finish them as quickly as I can.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:28 am

Yes, I use etiquette all the time. I don't always bow beforehand, but I won't jump the host when he's busy with something else. If they don't return the attitude, then oh well. I tried.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 am

^ Yeah I tend to consistently wait for people to finish whatever their doing when I invade. Yesterday I even helped a guy in the burg kill the Black Knight by giving him some poison arrows. Had to punch him to get his attention, he attacked but then realized I was trying to help him. After he killed the BK he ran for teh fog gate and I ran up and stabbed him in the back.

... Im not THAT nice twisted
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 am

On my sunbro side, I usually don't go for the nice ethic. They are here to kill my host and I have to protect it. So usually I go for any cheap trick I can get to help us win. But if he seam nice, bow and the host do the same, then I try to give him a proper fight.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 am

The Letter X wrote:Yes, I use etiquette all the time. I don't always bow beforehand, but I won't jump the host when he's busy with something else. If they don't return the attitude, then oh well. I tried.

I've only jumped a host once, and I felt kinda bad about it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 am

No, I show up, go and kill/die. After killing I simply walk away, after dying I sit and cry.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:20 pm

When I'm questing, or cooping with a quester, I'll do anything to stay alive or protect my host. That includes jumping invaders, ganking them, trapping them, etc. As an invader, I expect nothing less from the people I'm invading. As such, I'll repay in kind.

This is not an organized duel. IMO, following rules of PvP etiquette during darkwraith and darkmoon invasions is an insult to the covenant. They are supposed to be evil/seeking justice. They are supposed to be feared. A polite invader is a slap in the face to everything they stand for.

I'm there to kill the host. Period.

Note: I said "questers". Way different morality for campers. People camping for PvP, (especially in known duelling areas), I'll use more of the accepted etiquette. OR, if a quester is solo and he bows first, then I'll tone it down a bit.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 pm

If I invade you at a non-community designated PvP spot, watch your back. That is all.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:46 pm

I've tried playing nice every invasion but I'm kinda giving up on it.I seem to run into more hackers than many players combined so why not just stunlock and BS everyone.I don't find very nice players so I'll heal,kick them off of cliffs,BS fish or pretty much anything if they give me a single reason not to like them.
    Think I need to join a fight club.....
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 pm

The Letter X wrote:Yes, I use etiquette all the time. I don't always bow beforehand, but I won't jump the host when he's busy with something else. If they don't return the attitude, then oh well. I tried.
    This^^. i'm fairly new to invading but I always use etiquette when i do cuz I remember all the times I've been invaded by some a$$h0l3 who stabs me when I bow or attacks me when I'm trying to kill off the enemies in the area for a proper duel. But when i invade and if the host is ganking or attacks me before I even have a chance to fully appear in his/her world then all bets are off.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I bow after I win, thats about it. I'll return a bow, if I don't see a catalyst out and I'm far enough away to avoid an attack.

I won't Twop+wog+bs, but thats in large part because its so easy to win like that that I'd get rusty.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I won't Twop+wog+bs, but thats in large part because its so easy to win like that that I'd get rusty.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 pm

But unlocked attacks/magic can stop that. Wog can't be dodged under twop, and the hitstun bs can't be stopped at all if wog hits (and it can't be dodged remember.)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:the hitstun bs can't be stopped at all if wog hits
    Not true.

Probably your best option vs. TWoG is to instant block the WoG with a Crest Shield or something. Which is about 1,000,000x harder than just using TWoG.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:43 am