Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Toastfacekillah
Back Lot Basher
AtomicSitUp
AeroSigma
eneq
LordRevan
ted1023
BARZOHD-
PPG-3-
befowler
Yukon
Brokewilly
strangejoy
Tolvo
Yesuurd
Toalett1
lextune
SlakeMoth
Forum Pirate
23 posters

Is the forest always so brutal?

AeroSigma
    AeroSigma
    Casual
    Casual

Is the forest always so brutal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the forest always so brutal?

Post by AeroSigma Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

strangejoy wrote:Yes, it's always like that. That's why we love it. Is the forest always so brutal? - Page 2 3207319737

Constant action, constant double-teaming (getting double-teamed, lol), great atmosphere, fun terrain, etc. IMO, the kiln is a complete bore after spending some time in the forest. As Yesuurd said, you don't need to wait more than a few seconds at SL120. This is true whether you're hosting or invading.

+1 Well said.

Last edited by AeroSigma on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is the forest always so brutal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the forest always so brutal?

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

oh i'm not losing. the londo farmers are usually better at pvp in my experience so the forest 1v2 are much easier to handle. i'm not sure if i'll make a habit of hanging there or not yet but if you invade or are invaded by Forum-Pirate, know that i'll wait/would like you to wait untill the fights finished and the combatants have healed before engaging. spending 40 minutes in the same, over-long, 2v1 string invasion is definitely interesting but i'll take a duel anyday.
    AtomicSitUp

Post by AtomicSitUp Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:37 pm

I gravelord the forest. Frequent 3v1s (2 forest blues, 1 SoV or Red).

Constant invasions are always fun, I stay aggressive knowing that if I don't down the invader in the next minute, the odds will be stacked further against me.
    AeroSigma
    AeroSigma
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AeroSigma Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

AtomicSitUp wrote:I gravelord the forest. Frequent 3v1s (2 forest blues, 1 SoV or Red).

Brilliant! I loved gravelord but quit the covenant because I never got invasions, I can't believe I didn't think of that myself!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:00 pm

In one of the other gravelord threads, they were saying that the BPs that appear in the Forest are black phantom giant mushrooms. The whole thing sounds too awesome to even contemplate. Plus I love the idea of the farmers having their worlds cursed. Forest Cov and the gravelords seem like natural allies in this
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:51 pm

befowler wrote:In one of the other gravelord threads, they were saying that the BPs that appear in the Forest are black phantom giant mushrooms. The whole thing sounds too awesome to even contemplate. Plus I love the idea of the farmers having their worlds cursed. Forest Cov and the gravelords seem like natural allies in this

Yes - GLs who are friendly towards the hunters will often seed (curse) the hosts world with BPs. I recommend any hunter fighting on the other side of Alvina's house check to see if there any BP mobs running about (plus you should be using the MPs anyway for cover - also use the 3 huge cats can do alot of damage to campers if you get to that area).

As a bonus to the GLs I always try to drop a EoD as pay for their troubles since they are so hard to come by. I have never had a problem with GLs when I have invaded the forest - in fact I generally treat them as sister covenant to the forest hunters.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm kind of on the other side of the fence...I love going to the forest and waiting to get invaded, ALONE. I have no interest in farming. I just like the duels. What's unfortunate is that hunters have become so conditioned to the farming, that they usually gang up on me 90% of the time. I don't really mind, since it throws a bit of challenge in there, but it's really cool when a late arriving hunter will wait to see the outcome if I'm already engaged.

Just last night that happened, and after I killed the first hunter, the second one even let me heal up before engaging. That was a classy move.

But for sure, the forest is the busiest area for PvP. I just wish there was a bit more space for duelling without having to take out all the NPC's first. I don't mind some 2 vs 1, but toss in a couple of those NPC's and it's kind of pointless.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm

^ what he said...
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:45 pm

I do the same as host. Its great fun and good practice for 2 v 1's. I'm on a new toon now and haven't gone DW yet so I'm thinking I might join the fight as a Hunter for a bit. I've always had a lot of love for that big grey pussycat! Is the forest always so brutal? - Page 2 3207319737
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Cant go DW unless you killed 4Kings and you cant do that unless you have killed Sif and thus no Forest invasions (you can still be a Forest Hunter though).

That is unless you do a BB...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm

a bp mushroom parent can one shot a tanked out giant wearing farmer. plus the parent shows up with two kid mushrooms who attack instead of wandering around. they also follow you just about every where if you aggro them.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Yeah, it's a shame that killing Sif make it impossible to host. I love invading the forest as a DW, but I can no longer experience the madness from the other side (as a host). It's enough to make me seriously consider BB glitching.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm

eneq wrote:^ what he said...
    lndeed. my only companions are my weapons and spells. i won't fight if i have outside help unless a phantom is being ganged.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Hmm, maybe I was a bit too quick... does covenant membership carry over in NG+? I havent really thought about it before...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

I have a level 3 Dragon Cov build that I really like using, so I can't bring myself to join the hunters, but I do like getting invaded for good, fair matches anytime.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:15 pm

eneq wrote:Hmm, maybe I was a bit too quick... does covenant membership carry over in NG+? I havent really thought about it before...
    yes.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:29 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:a bp mushroom parent can one shot a tanked out giant wearing farmer. plus the parent shows up with two kid mushrooms who attack instead of wandering around. they also follow you just about every where if you aggro them.

I would do just about anything to see this. I guess I have to hope I 1) get called to the world of someone who has been cursed, 2) realize it, and 3) manage to get them to the black phantom shrooms.

Time to get serious
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

I've seen them in action once, it was amazing, since the host didn't even see them. They knew they were there, but I dragged them and the phantoms over there, and got a BS on the Host, he ran to flask only to take a Glowing Black Red fist to the face instantly killing him. Man do I love Gravelords.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

U shouldn't of said u back stabbed lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm

I don't BS in Duels, against three Farmers hell yes I'm going to BS.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

i bs anyone dumb enough to let me. nothing wrong with bsing just like not bsing is fine. lets not have this become another giant flame war. anyways the answer to the topic is a resounding yes.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

I said he shouldn't have said it cause I can't count how many times in seen guys come in here and just go to town on guys who say they backstab. Didn't say anything was wrong with it so don't get your undies in a bundle
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:i bs anyone dumb enough to let me. nothing wrong with bsing just like not bsing is fine. lets not have this become another giant flame war. anyways the answer to the topic is a resounding yes.

If they're being careless and allow themselves to become open to a backstab, then by all means, I would take the opportunity to do it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't Backstab myself in duels, but usually I don't care if people do it to me. I just find it to be pretty boring to get a kill that way. If I expose my back after a big swing or rolling attack, feel free to BS me. I just like to take my time and enjoy fights as much as I can.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm

No need to justify why u do it man.iv got nothing against u or anybody that BS. I just trying to pre warn u off the people who majorly disagree with it, just trying to save u a headache. I'm glad u didn't get so defensive over it like many people like to do around here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 am