Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Best place to farm souls at SL 60?

Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best place to farm souls at SL 60? Empty Best place to farm souls at SL 60?

Post by Dusk Soul Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

I am 18 levels away from getting the bare basics for a build I'm working on; I'm currently farming Silver Knights while waiting to be summoned against S&O in Anor Londo getting arround 12 k souls per trip +30 K when I'm summoned against the bosses.

In anycase I was wondering of there is a more effective/efficient way to farm souls. I have both the silver serpent ring and the symbol of avarice; but I prefer to avoid using the latter.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Best place to farm souls at SL 60? Empty Re: Best place to farm souls at SL 60?

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Forest
    Summon a phantom and let them do 1v1s, you can just sit back and watch them get you souls.
    Don't gank, simply watch as the souls take effect.
    If your phantom dies, oh well, you still got plenty of souls.
    You could also join the Forest cov.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

My favorite place to farm for souls (keep in mind I'm giving you my favorite spot, not the most efficient spot in the game) is New Londo.

I go there and farm Darkwraiths even if I just want souls because they give a nice amount of souls and their drops are great. I go in there with boosted item discovery and just farm (you could also wear Silver Serpent/SoV if you want). I feel like it lessens the grind of soul farming when you get Slabs every now and again for your trouble.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:37 pm

I think I'll try alternating those options, mainly for variety sake. Going with both serpent rings when in new londo.

Do silver serpent ring affects souls from defeated phantoms?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:I think I'll try alternating those options, mainly for variety sake. Going with both serpent rings when in new londo.

Do silver serpent ring affects souls from defeated phantoms?
    I can't say it does, but in one of Some guy's more recent videos he states that the Symbol of Avarice DOES in fact give you more souls per kill, and that is why people wear it when they get kills in the Forest.
    I can't say I've ever tested it, or that I support him for that matter, but I have no evidence against it either.
    If you get invaded by the same phantom twice try taking off the ring and seeing if the second kill gets the same amount of souls.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Well I do have replishment to offset the SoA damage...
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:Well I do have replishment to offset the SoA damage...
    SoA is just both rings mixed together, so I'd assume the rings hold the same effect.
    Although I'd test it just to make sure you're not losing out on a ring slot.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Oolacile township is also a decent place to build up your soul count, you should get summoned fairly regularly there at sl60 and going through there and doing Manus should get you around 50k each time.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Wow there are a lot of things I haven't even thought of.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm

If you have enough faith to get Wrath of the Gods, go to the Painted World and use it on Phalanx. It's 7000 souls and you can kill all of them but one or two with one blast. 10 second run back to the bonfire, 10 seconds back. it's about 21K a minute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 pm