Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RandelOolacile
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Gunny1963
9 posters

Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire

Gunny1963
    Casual
    Casual

Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire Empty Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire

Post by Gunny1963 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 pm

5 or 6 standard arrows with a Longbow +15 and those Giants give you a TON of souls. 4500 in NG+ and 4815 in NG++. You can kill all 6 of them in 2.5 minutes with light equipment load giving you over 54K souls in 5 minutes.

Bored me to death but killing Smough and Ornstein is tough for me so I had to build myself up. I haven't been able to kill Smough first and successfully beat Ornsteinx2. I don't have the hand eye coordination you youngsters have. Plus my eyes dry up REAL fast.

Again, hope this helps those in the same boat as me.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire Empty Re: Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:37 pm

If you're 50-years-old and are playing Dark Souls I don't care how you farm for souls, I'm impressed.
    Gunny1963
    Casual
    Casual

Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire Empty Re: Best place I've found to farm souls is Anor Londo at the first bonfire

Post by Gunny1963 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks bro. Played Dungeons and Dragons when I was a kid since Gary Gygax (sp?) lived in Lake Geneva 10 miles from my house so it was quite popular where I'm from. Drove past the guy's house once and he was out "playing" in the yard with several folks all dressed up really....... different! lol

Really enjoyed the experience when we had down time in the service. I just played the game with DICE. Funny.

My daughter's friend told me about this game and I HAD to try it. A D&D type game with today's technology. Lovin' every minute of it. Keep the eyedrops close and my coffee even closer. lol
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 pm

That's a remarkably cool story. cheers
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

That's freaking awesome big grin I wish I played D&D. The whole world being created and played through with friends. Ahh.

Btw, I very VERY highly recommend going to the player covenants. Player made lore for a player-made world based on Dark Souls. It's like the covenants in game get replaced by our covenants, and it's a lot more realistic as we can interact with each other. I'd say it's a lot like how people make up realities and worlds in D&D. Click on the picture in my signature to go to the player-made covenant I'm a part of big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Joe with the shameless covy plug. :evil:
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

... I don't know what you're talking about.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

You snuck it in there for him to check out your covenant, which is cool, if a little slick.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Sounds like a great spot! I just gave it a go, just ran up to them with a maxed fire uchi. Took a little longer, but well worth the souls! =D
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 am

your not the only 50+ year old, my dad plays dks too! and depending on your build you might want to look at the composite bow as it has a higher rate of fire and generally more damage if a bit less range (easily fixed via hawk ring or practice arcing arrow trajectories) also that is one of my favorite farming runs, easy to do while waiting for to be summoned!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 am

If you have faith, I find the fastest way to farm souls is in the painted world, if you kill the Phalanx enemies with WotG and run back to the bonfire. It takes about 30 seconds for around 16K souls I think on NG+.
    Zetsabre

Post by Zetsabre Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

If you join Forest Hunters and invade someone, just wait for a Red Phantom to invade. When he dies, you get rewarded with souls.

Happened to me when I was SL 17 and got 233k souls when a Red Phantom died.
    Gunny1963
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gunny1963 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:16 am

Don't do Live. Have a wife. And for a VERY long time due to paying attention to her. lol So I'd better bow out but thanks for the offer Joe. happy
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:01 am

Gunny1963 wrote:Thanks bro. Played Dungeons and Dragons when I was a kid since Gary Gygax (sp?) lived in Lake Geneva 10 miles from my house so it was quite popular where I'm from. Drove past the guy's house once and he was out "playing" in the yard with several folks all dressed up really....... different! lol

Really enjoyed the experience when we had down time in the service. I just played the game with DICE. Funny.

My daughter's friend told me about this game and I HAD to try it. A D&D type game with today's technology. Lovin' every minute of it. Keep the eyedrops close and my coffee even closer. lol
    +1 to the OG
    (Original Gamer/Gangster)
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 am

Ghadis_God wrote:If you have faith, I find the fastest way to farm souls is in the painted world, if you kill the Phalanx enemies with WotG and run back to the bonfire. It takes about 30 seconds for around 16K souls I think on NG+.

aaaah yeah, my preferred option also! So easy too, one WoG takes out most of the Phalanx easy at 50 faith. Plus if you wear the silver serpent ring, save one WoG for a quick take down of the hollows down the steps to the left you can pick up around 20,000 souls in total in 2 mins on ng+. Think its about 13,000 on the first playthrough!
    souls. . .yum!
    Gunny1963
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gunny1963 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks NordNorth! It was prehistoric gaming but it was fun!!!!! We would play all day Saturday and most of Sunday and I mean ALL DAY!!!!!! We would go through bags of Nacho Doritos (one of the ONLY flavors they had at the time) and Frito Lays cheese and, of course, MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!!!! I'm surprised we didn't get sick. lol

We'd break for Pizza Gut. Anybody remember Priazzo? That was an awesome pizza type recipe they made. Pissed me off they stopped making it. I'm surprised after all of the junk I ate that I stayed as in shape as I am. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm