Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RandelOolacile
FruitPunchNinja
Baiulus
8 posters

Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield?

Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield? Empty Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield?

Post by Baiulus Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 pm

I am well aware that they are dropped by those accursed Bone Wheel Skeletons, but I'd like to know which location it would be the easiest to battle them repeatedly. To my knowledge, the Skeletons only appear in the Catacombs and the Painted World. I've never been to Painted World, and the thought of the Catacombs frightens me, so I wish to know which place I'd stand the least chance of dying a lot in the process.

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield? Empty Re: Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

Just keep trying, i remember it took like 3 playthroughs for me to actually get one. Now they drop like crazy, i cant believe how unlucky i was with the drops. I would farm a little for them each playthrough, nothing crazy but a decent amount of farming. Bad luck i guess, just have max item discovery rate and youll get it soon. There should be no difference between the ones in aramis and the ones in the catacombs.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield? Empty Re: Best Place to Farm Bone Wheel Shield?

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 am

Baiulus wrote:I am well aware that they are dropped by those accursed Bone Wheel Skeletons, but I'd like to know which location it would be the easiest to battle them repeatedly. To my knowledge, the Skeletons only appear in the Catacombs and the Painted World. I've never been to Painted World, and the thought of the Catacombs frightens me, so I wish to know which place I'd stand the least chance of dying a lot in the process.

I would suggest Painted World! Once you open the main gate the bonfire is near the ladder that heads down to the pit with the wheels. Not only that, but if you're systematic about it you don't have to fight a bunch at once, you can take them one at a time. Catacombs doesn't afford the same opportunities. =D
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 am

Painted World is much faster. Also, it's not quite the gangbang that it is in the Catacombs.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 am

You could always do the jumps down from the top of the catacombs,down to where you summon paladin leeroy. Theres a bonewheel skeely on the ledge that you can do a drop down attack on, and remain safe from the others. Then just homeward bone.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 am

Or just stay there with a bow and take em all out lol
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 am

PW allow syou to fihgt them 1 by 1 with time to heal. Its much easier.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:07 am

Lovely suggestions, friends.
    I think I'll finally give Painted World a visit, since my bow damage is less than impressive.

Thanks to all! Hurrah
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 am

Painted world is the best place.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 am

I prefer farming in the Catacombs instead, if you're stocked up on homeward bones or use the homeward miracle.

It's just a couple drops down, and wearing the slumbering dragoncrest ring will allow you to sneak up on most of the bonewheel skeletons (by going to the far end closer to pinwheel first from the shortcut). You will not have to fight a bunch of them at once, all of them can be taken on one at a time. Being an open outdoor area also makes it a lot easier to dodge the ones you do aggro, making them an easier fight than the ones in the tunnel area of the painted world imo.
    Sabre120
    Sabre120

Post by Sabre120 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 am

Painted World for sure, there's a fair few of them, perhap 9-10 or so? and you can aggro them one at a time AND they aren't too far from the bonfire, win win win in my eyes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:24 pm