Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
Serious_Much
Frit
chaos4ever181
Shadowblind
ExplodingPenguin
dumbworm
Derpwraith
Tanklord
SadPanda
KazooieBanjo
befowler
GreatLordNero
twigsterxd
Marionx
SlakeMoth
Dibsville
MosquitoPower
Anonymous Proxy
skarekrow13
Animaaal
DaFarmerProject
Ashran
raecor14
Aevun
WandererReece
Pilgrim34
Myztyrio
Nybbles
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Cartod
Flankydizzle
Peaceful Wollyhop
Hue
samster628
Tolvo
Seignar
ResIsBestStat
User1
Sentiel
Latitoast
densetsushun
moomootv
Halicarnassis
vegan666
Tchuwib
Slarg232
amaro57
Sargerus
52 posters

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Empty Re: Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Those things are a problem sometimes, but no one ever hates on them because they were badly made. There's nothing we can do about them. Most of the things people are hating on are broken as ***.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Empty Re: Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

Post by Animaaal Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Lost Izalith???

No Dino-butts...plz.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 am

Animaaal wrote:Lost Izalith???

No Dino-butts...plz.

Yeah, besides the fact that they are completely lame (just the putrid dragon legs stomping) they are a cheap solution for what could be a really cool area. What about lava snakes? Maybe some sort of new demons? but NOPE, HAVE THIS DRAGON ASSES.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 am

Let 'em all come! Nothing phases me!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Anor Londo Giants.

It isn't fair their shields can block everything, but when I try, I just end up getting dead angled.

=| *** them.

There's a simple solution if you fight them 1v1. Roll under their attack. If you do that, then you'll pop up right behind them. Then you just hit their back.

Ashran wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Lost Izalith???

No Dino-butts...plz.

Yeah, besides the fact that they are completely lame (just the putrid dragon legs stomping) they are a cheap solution for what could be a really cool area. What about lava snakes? Maybe some sort of new demons? but NOPE, HAVE THIS DRAGON BUTTS.

lol! I agree. That was so silly. Although all of the humor in this game is nice: Dragon Butts, Epic Chest, Solaire, and something else that I can't remember at the moment.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:20 am

Dragon Butt pendant confirmed for DkSII.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Bonewheel skeletons and skeleton beasts.

I died so many times to those jerks when I first played the game. Now I just don't like dealing with them.
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Marionx wrote:Bonewheel skeletons and skeleton beasts.

I died so many times to those jerks when I first played the game. Now I just don't like dealing with them.

Mother of God... The bonewheel skeletons.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Marionx Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm

DaFarmerProject wrote:

And a death that could occur within 1 sec. of them hitting you! :/
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Marionx wrote:
    DaFarmerProject wrote:

And a death that could occur within 1 sec. of them hitting you! :/

Yeah.. PLUS when I fought them I had like 25 dex so I couldn't even block a full rotation of their attack.. complete ****.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm

DaFarmerProject wrote:

The sewers of painted world... when it goes bad... shudder.....

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

I can't believe no one said "CAPRA"!!!
    Hate him the most cause of his guard dogs. Still don't get why they would create a difficult boss and give him helpers LOL
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

twigsterxd wrote:I can't believe no one said "CAPRA"!!!

Shhhhh!
    He may hear you!
    GreatLordNero
    GreatLordNero

Post by GreatLordNero Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7y6XQOlXw_t9CWUEuv5ZZQImQzm7pcnmBhzNN4KpTzi5HhI74zg

A group of them in a tight space
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:38 am

GreatLordNero wrote:Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7y6XQOlXw_t9CWUEuv5ZZQImQzm7pcnmBhzNN4KpTzi5HhI74zg

A group of them in a tight space

I have nightmares about those things..
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm

For the love of god, no Bed of Chaos type "puzzle" boss. Why anyone thinks these are a good idea is beyond me. And BoC itself was particularly awful, basically a random number generator that you just have to keep triggering until you finally get the result you want. It teaches you nothing, is largely unaffected by skill or experience, and can kill you for hours on end if it just decides it's not going to let you make or survive the final jump, or some other BS move.

It also disproportionately punishes certain builds that are focused on magic or other things rather than being able to roll fast or use heavy shields. Just poorly designed all around, and something that really sticks out from the rest of the game as not requiring a learning curve or better tactics so much as blind dumb luck. If you take it out of Dark Souls the game improves immediately, which tells you everything you need to know.

p.s. I don't like BoC
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Marionx Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

I agree that there shouldn't be a BoC style boss in the next game, but in all honestly, I really liked the Dragon God boss.
    KazooieBanjo
    KazooieBanjo

Post by KazooieBanjo Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Hate him the most cause of his guard dogs. Still don't get why they would create a difficult boss and give him helpers LOL

Capra is really easy when you actually get used to him.

The only attack he does that isn't blockable is the two handed strike, which is very telegraphed. The guard dogs can be easily dispatched with a spear behind a shield or by utilizing the staircase.

Not sure if Iron Flesh would be of any use to make it up the staircase.

EDIT: I will say though, that the Capra Demon is not a fight I would like to see again in Dark Souls II for two very big reasons:

1. There is very little chance when you first go in of actually being able to avoid the attacks. The fight starts IMMEDIATELY and the dogs are very fast.

2. The room is very small and almost demands the use of the staircase, which doesn't really work very well for a boss fight.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 pm

befowler wrote:p.s. I don't like BoC

If the gimmicky boss makes a comeback, they need to just go full "Parkour Challange" and leave the 1 hit kills from random attacks from long armed monsters out.

Goblin running away from you through a place like Sens.
    Can you catch him? Hurry Hurry!
    Run through the traps, roll through the doors, zig zag, jump, etc.

At least would teach some platforming skills =P
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Puzzle bosses would be ok with me, as long as the entire level was the puzzle. Something like actual puzzles though, not annoying gimmicks.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 am

Those Bloated head Dark Magic casters in the DLC. Detest the things :x
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am

You know what should COME BACK?

SILVER KNIGHT ARCHERS! ;D
    dumbworm
    dumbworm

Post by dumbworm Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Sunbroski wrote:You know what should COME BACK?

SILVER KNIGHT ARCHERS! ;D

I get your point. Silver Knight Retarders ! you know, these guys really help to slow you down
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm

KazooieBanjo wrote:

Capra is really easy when you actually get used to him.

That's true. If you know how to fight him, then he's very easy. You just have to learn the right way to fight him.

Also, I think Capra is harder then some of the later bosses. When I was playing this for the first time I though he was harder then Gaping Dragon, Quelagg, and even Iron Golem.
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 am

The thing about Capra isn't that it's "difficult" per se, at least not for me.

So the player walks through the fog and suddenly there's this huge demon running at them, which would be fine if the room was larger than my closet and there weren't two dogs trying to body block the player into a corner.

That's my biggest problem with the fight, the fact that there's no space to move around, and it tends to make the camera go a bit crazy for me.

It's very frustrating while you are still learning how to weave past the dogs to get to the stairs, and while I know Dark Souls is supposed to be frustrating, it never felt "fair" when I died like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm