Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
Serious_Much
Frit
chaos4ever181
Shadowblind
ExplodingPenguin
dumbworm
Derpwraith
Tanklord
SadPanda
KazooieBanjo
befowler
GreatLordNero
twigsterxd
Marionx
SlakeMoth
Dibsville
MosquitoPower
Anonymous Proxy
skarekrow13
Animaaal
DaFarmerProject
Ashran
raecor14
Aevun
WandererReece
Pilgrim34
Myztyrio
Nybbles
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Cartod
Flankydizzle
Peaceful Wollyhop
Hue
samster628
Tolvo
Seignar
ResIsBestStat
User1
Sentiel
Latitoast
densetsushun
moomootv
Halicarnassis
vegan666
Tchuwib
Slarg232
amaro57
Sargerus
52 posters

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Empty Re: Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

Post by ExplodingPenguin Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 250px-Giantclam02
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Steerpike_DarkSoulsDiaries_AnorLondo04
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Uc0fp
    ALL OF MY HATE

Wouldn't mind seeing some more different Mimics though. Best damn surprise when I got eaten in Sen's Fortress.
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Tumblr_m9dethbthu1qzis1f
    Shadowblind
    Shadowblind

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Empty Re: Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II

Post by Shadowblind Wed May 01, 2013 1:30 pm

ExplodingPenguin wrote:
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Steerpike_DarkSoulsDiaries_AnorLondo04
    ALL OF MY HATE

THIS RIGHT HERE. I can't tell you how many times these pricks blasted me off the edge moments before I reached safety. To this day I still consider that Anor Lando choke point one of the worst designed parts of a video game in history.

That said, I don't really mind the archers anywhere else. They're somewhat fun to fight normally.

JUST.
    FREAKING.
    THERE.
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Thu May 02, 2013 1:42 am

Shadowblind wrote:
    ExplodingPenguin wrote:
    ALL OF MY HATE

THIS RIGHT HERE. I can't tell you how many times these pricks blasted me off the edge moments before I reached safety. To this day I still consider that Anor Lando choke point one of the worst designed parts of a video game in history.

That said, I don't really mind the archers anywhere else. They're somewhat fun to fight normally.

JUST.
    FREAKING.
    THERE.

Please. They're easy once you notice they're there and stop to observe how they behave. Everything can be avoided. The only thing I would change is to make the knockback dependent on where the projectile comes from, instead of which direction the player is facing when blocking.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 am

Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Plague-baby
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu May 02, 2013 3:23 am

@Tolvo

lol! Glad they didnt come back.

@Aevun

The "archers" in Anor have been infamously notorious for being a pain in the a$$ since day one. Completely reasonable for someone to say that. Also, I just use i-frames.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Thu May 02, 2013 5:59 am

Animaaal wrote:@Tolvo

lol! Glad they didnt come back.

@Aevun

The "archers" in Anor have been infamously notorious for being a pain in the a$$ since day one. Completely reasonable for someone to say that. Also, I just use i-frames.

This seems incredibly relevant;
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Tumblr_mluofgf2ki1rado2wo1_500

But yeah I wish Poise would matter though; even wearing Havel and wolf ring did crap all. I eventually did a nudist run and got through lmao
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu May 02, 2013 6:47 am

That's a Black Knight.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 02, 2013 9:08 am

Helmet formation and armour 'scales' confirms Silver Knight.
    Face confirms Black Knight.
    wut
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 am

Tolvo wrote:That's a Black Knight.
    Enemies that you DON'T want to return in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Thats+racist+gif
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Bonewheel skeletons. I was lucky with the Silver Knights in Anor Londo rooftops after my first attempt. After that they just lost their focus. But seriously, screw Bonewheels :x . They come out of no where, deal massive continuous damage, and just speed away even to the fastest of players and start the whole "catch them before they get away" game bull when fighting them. Demon's Souls never had them, we don't need them in Dark Souls II.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun May 12, 2013 5:30 am

^ They are actually pretty easy to deal with if you dodge them while near a wall
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 am

Everything in Tomb of Giants.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 am

I don't bed of chaos back- **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 12, 2013 11:18 am

The anor londo archer duo are about the only intelligently positioned enemies in the game from a strategic point. Most enemies are just kinda hanging out.....you know....whatevs

Those guys are devious. I want more like them
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Hachouma wrote:^ They are actually pretty easy to deal with if you dodge them while near a wall

Environments like the wide area section of The Catacombs and the cramped basement of a building in Painted World along with my semi-slow tank Artorias of the Abyss build doesn't help in my situations.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 pm

I just don't want another BoC, that's it.

I actually wouldn't mind dealing with a bowman that used something similar to the dragonslayer bow but had a lot of poise and high defense.

Oh wait, no more skeledogs I'd rather have the plague babies back than have to deal with skeledogs.
    DemonRider909
    DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DemonRider909 Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

If anything, I don't want a puzzle style boss to return. Otherwise, bring in whatever creative, strategic, and hard enemies you want. I don't understand why people are complaining about "hard" enemies. This is a Souls game. Harder enemies are more than welcome and, quite frankly, needed.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 pm

DemonRider909 wrote:If anything, I don't want a puzzle style boss to return. Otherwise, bring in whatever creative, strategic, and hard enemies you want. I don't understand why people are complaining about "hard" enemies. This is a Souls game. Harder enemies are more than welcome and, quite frankly, needed.
    There is a difference between hard and annoying enemies (i.e Mosquitos)

Last edited by Sargerus on Sun May 12, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DemonRider909
    DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DemonRider909 Sun May 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Sargerus wrote:
    DemonRider909 wrote:If anything, I don't want a puzzle style boss to return. Otherwise, bring in whatever creative, strategic, and hard enemies you want. I don't understand why people are complaining about "hard" enemies. This is a Souls game. Harder enemies are more than welcome and, quite frankly, needed.
    There is a difference bewtween hard and annoying enemies (i.e Mosquitos)
    You're right, there is a big difference. I never really said anything about annoying enemies, though. I personally think that the annoying enemies in Souls games are usually minor inconveniences, and the enemies mentioned here are more so leaning towards "hard". This is all meant in no offense to anybody.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm

The only enemy I really hate is those spinning skeletal thingies, those should go away, otherwise... BoC?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun May 12, 2013 7:55 pm

BoC is just time consuming and to me is pointless. We fight the source of all Chaos, demons, and has fire powers as a tree that barely attacks!? Come on throw out some chaos pryomancies, weak demons, or fire spirits. Something to make it interesting and unique aside from lore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:08 am