Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Animaaal
ResIsBestStat
Seignar
7 posters

Where will the story be headed?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Where will the story be headed? Empty Where will the story be headed?

Post by Seignar Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Dark Souls 1 had to do with the journey of a Chosen Undead, whose motives were shrouded in mystery and who had been given the mission to stop the Undead Curse.

However, in Dark Souls 2, it has been said that the protagonist is under a similar mission, but this time that dragons are more involved in the plot. If the Chosen Undead's mission was the mission to eradicate the curse by either empowering or eliminating the source of power of the world, then what could this new apparently random undead hope to do in a land far away from Lordran?

As it seems, imo, this story can go 2 ways:

1) This random undead is attempting to locate the source of the curse, which it appears they are trying to hint it is actually related to the war with the dragons from ages time.

2) This is another "Izalith" catastrophe where the undead is simply trying to locate a Lord's Soul or something of incredible power. Seeing as one of the levels is described as a laboratory for dragons, it can be inferred that some really nasty things were happening in pursuit of...something.

Both things seem to indicate that history has emitted a peculiar detail concerning the dragon war, considering that someone went to all the trouble to make tests on dragons for whatever reason. As far as I concerned, the lore will probably be focused on 2 things:

1) The essence of the Lord's Souls
    2) The events of the Dragon War
    3) The history of the Dragons
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Where will the story be headed? Empty Re: Where will the story be headed?

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Or maybe the undead warrior really wants a hotdog
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 pm

I say a combination of 1 and 2.
    Rayko
    Rayko

Post by Rayko Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 pm

I think the dragons will be our main nemesis. At least as we could see in gameplay videos, there were only dragons, local lesser creatures (and undead chariot, lol) and somewhat crazy axedwarf.
    On the other hand, game plot can't be just about winning the war with dragons. It is to be a lot deeper.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Think the experiments might have been the reason of the curse? Some kind of primordial crystal gone wrong?

Interesting
    dumbworm
    dumbworm

Post by dumbworm Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm

TI just hope there will be more interaction with NPCs, and they will talk a lot more. People praise Dark Souls for its ambiguous plot, but personally I think It lacks depth and clarity, and this is the first time I've played a RPG game that has not so much of a story
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 pm

dumbworm wrote:TI just hope there will be more interaction with NPCs, and they will talk a lot more. People praise Dark Souls for its ambiguous plot, but personally I think It lacks depth and clarity, and this is the first time I've played a RPG game that has not so much of a story

Plz no
    The story is uncovered by discovering all items.
    You have to speculate and everything, but I dunno, I just find it better than most stories.
    dumbworm
    dumbworm

Post by dumbworm Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 am

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    dumbworm wrote:TI just hope there will be more interaction with NPCs, and they will talk a lot more. People praise Dark Souls for its ambiguous plot, but personally I think It lacks depth and clarity, and this is the first time I've played a RPG game that has not so much of a story

Plz no
    The story is uncovered by discovering all items.
    You have to speculate and everything, but I dunno, I just find it better than most stories.

I agree with the part " discovering all items". True, it's really interesting. But I still prefer more lively NPCs
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am

Rayko wrote:I think the dragons will be our main nemesis. At least as we could see in gameplay videos, there were only dragons, local lesser creatures (and undead chariot, lol) and somewhat crazy axedwarf.
    On the other hand, game plot can't be just about winning the war with dragons. It is to be a lot deeper.
    Those were drakes

dumbworm wrote:
    I agree with the part " discovering all items". True, it's really interesting. But I still prefer more lively NPCs
    This doesn't belong in Dark Souls, people usually won't get friends with you and tell you all their secrets as soon as you meet them, it's part of th atmosphere.
    dumbworm
    dumbworm

Post by dumbworm Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:43 am

Hachouma wrote:

dumbworm wrote:
    This doesn't belong in Dark Souls, people usually won't get friends with you and tell you all their secrets as soon as you meet them, it's part of th atmosphere.

They dont have to. Just talk and do something more, rather than just wait until they turn Hollow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 am