Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
grossemesser
TheMeInTeam
SirArchmage
Soris Ice Goldwing
reim0027
KrazykevS10
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dibsville
Latitoast
Maneater_Mildred
llLeRainbowDash
16 posters

    Ohh, that moment.

    avatar
    llLeRainbowDash
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 34
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-19

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Ohh, that moment.

    Post by llLeRainbowDash Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 pm

    You are trying to better your play style in the Burg by dueling. You have taken part in countless battles and seem to be improving a bit. You lay down your RSS and get summoned to the world of another. You see him bow and you think, " Oh, another honorable opponent ". You bow yourself and just as you come back up....you get stabbed in the rectum by his buddy who was hiding. Panic ensues and they proceed to smash with the infamous R1 spam. Alas there is nothing you can do but die. My death followed by countless, " Well what is its". Fools acting like they did something special.

    Now this didn't sit well with me. I jump onto my anti-gank build. It is just your standard Darkmoon Blade ,falchion, and WotG beast. I stack poise and proceed to invade them on the first try. Slapped the blue on my blade and destroyed any pride they had. That moment that you stand there spamming emotes at their disappearing bodies. Oh, that sweet moment.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 49
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 pm

    Darkmoon justice is the best kind.

    Praise the darkmoon.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm

    I used to think being a Sunbro was cool

    But ever since I got into PvP I f***ing hate anyone that has a "brilliant shining aura"
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Tue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

    I love this
    Brings me back to the times when I had anti-gank builds
    But I've given up hope in the community since then
    +1
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 30
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm

    my favorite one of those was where i converted a duelling build into and anti gank tank just by swapping havels ring for the wolf ring and tossing on the stone greatsword, these guys twopped you on entry so fatroll was fine and once i twopped them with the sword special i pulled out my demons greataxe and proceeded to chainstab the wog spamming host despite them doing the dead angle wog trick. didn't see them again after that...
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 9:42 pm

    I found something worse.

    I found a guy standing on the bridge you first pop up at in the Painted World, since the only invader spawn point is the edge of that bridge.

    He would then proceed to push you off the bridge or just start swinging his DGM
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm

    I've seen worse Lati...
    I was invading in Painted, and whenever I invaded the guy by the bridge he would Fire Tempest me, he had stacked poise so there was no way to get to him in time to interrupt him.

    Whenever I invaded the guy from the Harpy Tower, he would disconnect.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

    That's terrible.

    I can understand optimizing a build to make it good for PvP, but this is ridiculous.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier


    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 31
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Tolvo Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

    Your forest brothers from another momma cat understand your situation man and we feel sympathy.

    Anti-Gank Pride yo.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Tue May 07, 2013 9:46 pm

    ^
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm

    I finally couldn't take the Forest and had to quit going there.

    Every invasion involved two Sunbros chasing me down and killing me with their host trailing behind.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

    Anti-gank build...
    for the Forest...
    avatar
    llLeRainbowDash
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 34
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-19

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by llLeRainbowDash Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

    The sad thing is, they were Impersonating the great Lion and Wolf knights. They bled like cowards, dis honoring the great lady.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 31
    Location : Ireland

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by KrazykevS10 Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

    I'm glad to hear you whooped their arses for it.But if you are on 360,I'd suggest checking your recent players every time you are summoned or invade,it will show you who is in the game while you load.So you have two recent players but only see one guy,you know he's waiting to jump you.
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by reim0027 Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm

    That works for the PS3 too. LeRainbow - I feel for you (getting ganked and then repaying the favor). I may make an antigank build. Lati - that's the fun. You lose 10 times and win only a handful. But, those victories are sweet. And, if the gankers send hatemail, it is even better.

    I tell you, there is nothing like a wakeup parry after they TWoP BSed you. Throw on a HR for more of a OHK, and, better yet, for the extra long animation to sit back and enjoy it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel


    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 07, 2013 10:31 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Your forest brothers from another momma cat understand your situation man and we feel sympathy.

    Anti-Gank Pride yo.
    Ahem Tolvo. You catbros fight the good fight against gankers. Hail the cat and darkmoon!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

    I'll be returning to the Forest tomorrow to continue gank hunting.
    It's been awhile...

    Still hoping my Uchi will back me up...
    reim0027
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by reim0027 Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 am

    Dibsville wrote:I'll be returning to the Forest tomorrow to continue gank hunting.
    It's been awhile...

    Still hoping my Uchi will back me up...
    Gank hunting? Going as a catbro, I take it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller


    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 26
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Dibsville Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am

    Of course. silly
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 27
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by SirArchmage Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 am

    As a loyal Darkwraith, I see no reason for the hatred of the gankers. All is fair. For when I get ganked, I simply nod my head, invade the same spot as much as possible until I meet them again, throw a Lloyds Talisman, then proceed to kill his team mates one by with with pyromancy and poison arrows. I then dance around the host by dodging and throwing knives at his forehead, watching as he gets more and more desperate to kill me. And when I finally feel his desperation is at a limit, by this time he is trying to rush me so I simply back-stab him and Chaos Storm his *** as he is standing up. I then laugh. And send him messages about how great I am. And I remember his name to proceed to mock him for weeks to come. And use my friends accounts to send him mocking messages as well. And whenever I meet him again I make a point of mocking him before my sword meets with his skull yet again.

    Darkwraiths are bad people to piss off.
    avatar
    llLeRainbowDash
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 34
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-19

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by llLeRainbowDash Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 am

    Well I came upon another group. A hacker with unlimited health and his 2 buddies. Kind of hard to win when you can't kill the host.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 40
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by TheMeInTeam Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 am

    SirArchmage wrote:As a loyal Darkwraith, I see no reason for the hatred of the gankers. All is fair. For when I get ganked, I simply nod my head, invade the same spot as much as possible until I meet them again, throw a Lloyds Talisman, then proceed to kill his team mates one by with with pyromancy and poison arrows. I then dance around the host by dodging and throwing knives at his forehead, watching as he gets more and more desperate to kill me. And when I finally feel his desperation is at a limit, by this time he is trying to rush me so I simply back-stab him and Chaos Storm his *** as he is standing up. I then laugh. And send him messages about how great I am. And I remember his name to proceed to mock him for weeks to come. And use my friends accounts to send him mocking messages as well. And whenever I meet him again I make a point of mocking him before my sword meets with his skull yet again.

    Darkwraiths are bad people to piss off.

    I was a longtime forest hunter, but I lost all my characters on my old hard drive. This character I'm using now is a darkwraith (easily hit +2 in a couple hours of play once I got the covenant trololol).

    Gankers are a good source of souls, and unless they're right on you at spawn you can often win (sometimes even there). My favorite method is tight quarters (IE bridge in forest with both rushing closely) or TWOP + Fire Tempest. Very few builds survive tempest with bellowing + dusk. WoG can be a problem except with TWOP since tempest outranges it.

    As a Darkwraith, gankers are MUCH preferred to those guys who hide in some obscure spot, or just insta disconnect or challenge area boss ASAP. Those are really dull invasions. I had one invasion in New Londo where I had to black crystal out in disgust...I literally couldn't find the guy! He wasn't at spawn, wasn't near the blacksmith, wasn't on the bridge...but no ghosts were killed, nobody took damage anywhere, no darkwraiths were disturbed en route to the fog. He must have literally run past some of the hostiles with hidden body or something and then just stood there. I have no idea, but it was the worst invasion ever; I could literally do nothing but look for a needle in a haystack.

    Another time I chased someone trying to figure out where he was based on life bars for a good 3 minutes in New Londo. Then, when I finally caught up to him, I was JUST in time to see him die instantly to 3 ghosts, a darkwraith, and that blob thing. Based on the souls I got this person was a good 30 levels higher than me too lol.

    At least with gankers, you can actually fight something and not just run around an environment that offers no threat whatsoever.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 27
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by SirArchmage Wed May 08, 2013 11:44 am

    TheMeInTeam wrote:

    I was a longtime forest hunter, but I lost all my characters on my old hard drive. This character I'm using now is a darkwraith (easily hit +2 in a couple hours of play once I got the covenant trololol).

    Gankers are a good source of souls, and unless they're right on you at spawn you can often win (sometimes even there). My favorite method is tight quarters (IE bridge in forest with both rushing closely) or TWOP + Fire Tempest. Very few builds survive tempest with bellowing + dusk. WoG can be a problem except with TWOP since tempest outranges it.

    As a Darkwraith, gankers are MUCH preferred to those guys who hide in some obscure spot, or just insta disconnect or challenge area boss ASAP. Those are really dull invasions. I had one invasion in New Londo where I had to black crystal out in disgust...I literally couldn't find the guy! He wasn't at spawn, wasn't near the blacksmith, wasn't on the bridge...but no ghosts were killed, nobody took damage anywhere, no darkwraiths were disturbed en route to the fog. He must have literally run past some of the hostiles with hidden body or something and then just stood there. I have no idea, but it was the worst invasion ever; I could literally do nothing but look for a needle in a haystack.

    Another time I chased someone trying to figure out where he was based on life bars for a good 3 minutes in New Londo. Then, when I finally caught up to him, I was JUST in time to see him die instantly to 3 ghosts, a darkwraith, and that blob thing. Based on the souls I got this person was a good 30 levels higher than me too lol.

    At least with gankers, you can actually fight something and not just run around an environment that offers no threat whatsoever.
    I must disagree slightly, but only on opinion. I find it fun hunting someone down. Searching the area for clues and hints as to where he is. And that great moment when you find them and get to shoot an arrow at the back of their head so they are stunned from the headshot and watch as whatever they are fighting then screws them over.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 110
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-02-09
    Age : 54
    Location : California

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by grossemesser Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am

    When I am Darkmooning I often take a lesser or different build to the target areas and see which area has the most DW activity and then move my DM there to punish. The Burg gets a lot of ganker activity but there are still honorable players there so I try to be discerning when invading there. My techniques are not elaborate but they are hated. Winged spear +15 and DMB. No consideration, no shield, just a lot of pokey staby death. It shows them how easy they are to kill. Then a jump for joy and I'm gone.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 30
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm

    You really want an anti-gank build just throw together this: http://mmdks.com/28o0

    If you get to RTS range then just pop on a BDCR and RTSr and 10 charges of Fire surge should kill them.

    Or there is the true forestbro anti ganker:
    http://mmdks.com/28o2



    Forest brother anthem:


    Sponsored content


    Ohh, that moment. Empty Re: Ohh, that moment.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:14 pm