Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith?

Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith? Empty Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith?

Post by Dusk Soul Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I really like the moveset and it's reach; but I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to include it in a 27/40 build? My other options are a SKS or a pike.

The idea is to try a poise-less build just because.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith? Empty Re: Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith?

Post by Rynn Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes. It's worth it, but it will have less damage than the SKS.

It's worth it because the dragonslayer spear does more stamina damage when your opponent tries to block, while also being much longer. A better investment than the DSS would likely be the demons spear though. It has slightly longer range, while doing more damage than the dragonslayer spear (when faith is at base)
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith? Empty Re: Is the Dragonslayer Spear worth it without investing in faith?

Post by Dusk Soul Tue May 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Hmm, you are right, and it is a lot lighter than the Dragonslayer spear, I'll try and see how it works.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm

The only thing you'll be sacrificing is Stability damage. The dragonslayer spear knocks away shields like a pro, while the demon spear (even with 40/40/40 (strength, dex, faith)) beats the dragonslayer spear in all other ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:42 pm