Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheMeInTeam
Encore
Ghadis_God
GrinTwist
Werdax
Hue
Serious_Much
Elifia
bl0odyMe5s
Dibsville
User1
dsg78gaming
16 posters

Sl 1 4 Kings Tactics

dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Sl 1 4 Kings Tactics Empty Sl 1 4 Kings Tactics

Post by dsg78gaming Sat May 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Being doing a sl1 naked caveman challenge and just defeated the 4 kings, check it out on this video:

https://youtu.be/1pZqHGimedw

I used standard fireballs and it worked well. If you have done a sl1 run before what weapon did you use to defeat them?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Sl 1 4 Kings Tactics Empty Re: Sl 1 4 Kings Tactics

Post by User1 Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I used 2 things: My trusty Chaos Reinforced Club +5 and 2 lots of Great Combustion. Combined with the CoD and the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, it was respectable damage.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 pm

My first run I was using as much as I could because I was still pretty new to the game.
    4 Great Fireballs, 8 Great Combustions, Lightning Reinforced Club.
    Of course, Bellowing Dragoncrest, and I didn't know what Dusk Crown was during that time.
    Gold-Hemmed Black, forgot my other ring.

Sad to say, that since then I've done so many SL 1 runs that I could probably have tea down in the abyss without worrying.
    bl0odyMe5s
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bl0odyMe5s Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 pm

It's not actually sl1 but sl4 since I started the bandit class. I used the Battle Axe that comes along with the class, red tearstone of course. Other than that, I think 2 or 3 grasses, can't remember but I got it on my channel together with all the other EnB class challenge kills.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEV_DD7TlvE

Nice kill, by the way. It looks so easy with the fireballs. But it's like you said - homing missile can ruin things quickly silly
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Not SL1 but SL10 in NG+++. I equip RTSR, grass shield in left, some fire weapon (in this case Quelaag's) in right. Run towards first King, block the projectile with grass shield which automatically puts me in RTSR mode, then get into melee, strafe left, and attack whenever possible. Dodge away from explosion and grab.

When you strafe left, several attacks will miss you completely, including the diagonal swing, the vertical swing and the stab (although the stab is kinda dangerous if you don't strafe fast enough, better to dodge).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll
    Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll
    Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll RollRoll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll
    Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll RollRoll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll
    You forgot a roll.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Roll*googolplex
    You forgot a roll.
    Ah, too bad, start again then eh?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun May 12, 2013 4:23 am

I took the overpowered route.
    White Seance Ring, Power Within, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Crown of Dusk, Black Flame, Great Combustion

3 shots for each king
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Maybe I should roll more next time lol!
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 am

I used an enforced club, a crystal ring shield, pyromancy and a catalyst with magic shield (To counter their homing magic). I used an activated redtearstone ring.
    This worked great in all seven (eight actually) playthroughs.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 am

Well we got one of the essentials down, rolling.
    I also used a couple of firebombs and used a pine resin on my +15 reinforced club.
    Also I used the grass crest shield for stamina boost and to deflect the magic they use.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 am

I did them at SL5 with a Light Estoc, that only took a couple of tries with fast roll and some nifty dodging.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I did them at SL5 with a Light Estoc, that only took a couple of tries with fast roll and some nifty dodging.
    Lightning Estoc =/= Fire Reinforced Club
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

Used high poise, two handed great scythe 15+
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 13, 2013 9:06 am

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Used high poise, two handed great scythe 15+

It says SL1 tips
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon May 13, 2013 9:07 am

Oh, i apologise very dearly.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:23 am

I'm bringing this back up. In the past I've always used pyros, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible for a lvl 10 build as I don't want to eat up the stats in attunement.

Problem is, I take more cheap shots from this boss fight than in online PvP. Kings throw some nonsense 300 degree angle swings that have phantom hitboxes. How are you guys roll dodging this nonsense? If I roll too late I just take the hit obviously, but it seems if I "roll through" the horizontal swings the kings just hit me after completing the swing.

Since I don't have an amazing weapon (Raw Zwei is slow dps) it's a serious problem when they spam the AoE attacks, grabs, or simple "back away" animation also simply because the lost time leads to more kings showing up.

I tried watching some youtube videos on roll dodging it, but those players (even Vegeta) are taking hits rolling too, often with a similar issue (late backswings), and without exception they can kill a king in under 5 seconds. When you can't, is the fight winnable? I suspect that it is, but it doing so demands being able to hit the dodges consistently.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:26 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:Roll everything?

I'm doing it as SL10, but I've only invested in offensive stats, so same story. It's incredibly hard, and you need some luck, but it's possible. I use the Red Tearstone Ring to up my DPS, so I can't afford to miss a single roll. Remember you don't need to dodge everything. You can strafe to the left for the vertical and diagonal (only the first) swings.

Edit: Them backing up means they want to throw a projectile at you. Just let them get their distance, heal and put up your shield.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:30 pm

at sl 10 and below hp is inconsequential, so use the red tear stone and all the magic boosters with some pyromancy, at sl 1 you get 2 pyro's so i'd suggest great combustion and great fire ball or regular combustion.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:at sl 10 and below hp is inconsequential, so use the red tear stone and all the magic boosters with some pyromancy, at sl 1 you get 2 pyro's so i'd suggest great combustion and great fire ball or regular combustion.

I'm using a bandit starter and don't want to put points into magic. Any viable alternatives at all? Do I need to do a suicide run to grab fire ember and run in there with a +10 fire weapon that swings quickly?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:35 pm

base level bandit?... i guess a fire +10 reinforced club would be good with the rtsr too of course
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:at sl 10 and below hp is inconsequential, so use the red tear stone and all the magic boosters with some pyromancy, at sl 1 you get 2 pyro's so i'd suggest great combustion and great fire ball or regular combustion.

If you're gonna use pyro, I'd use Bellowing Dragoncrest with Power Within, not red tearstone. Just bring a Lingering Dragoncrest and a Seance Ring, cast Power Within before jumping into the abyss, switch rings to Covenant of Artorias and Bellowing Dragoncrest, then jump. This way you can block with the crest shield instead of dodging everything.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:21 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:I'm bringing this back up. In the past I've always used pyros, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible for a lvl 10 build as I don't want to eat up the stats in attunement.

Problem is, I take more cheap shots from this boss fight than in online PvP. Kings throw some nonsense 300 degree angle swings that have phantom hitboxes. How are you guys roll dodging this nonsense? If I roll too late I just take the hit obviously, but it seems if I "roll through" the horizontal swings the kings just hit me after completing the swing.

Since I don't have an amazing weapon (Raw Zwei is slow dps) it's a serious problem when they spam the AoE attacks, grabs, or simple "back away" animation also simply because the lost time leads to more kings showing up.

I tried watching some youtube videos on roll dodging it, but those players (even Vegeta) are taking hits rolling too, often with a similar issue (late backswings), and without exception they can kill a king in under 5 seconds. When you can't, is the fight winnable? I suspect that it is, but it doing so demands being able to hit the dodges consistently.

When they start putting their arm up to slash, I'm already strafing left/right instantly and get ready to dodge. When they swing horizontally, they sometimes hit me too when they almost complete the swing-motion. Maybe you should just try to stand still and only roll right before they hit (only when they swing horizontally). When they try to swing verticaly, just stepping to the side a bit will do. Good luck!
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:02 am

excuse my ignorance, does the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring add anything to this build of mine? I am melee and pyro? I see alot of you here are using it with pyro and have never even considered it?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=174881984695669019

that is my character so far, just gone down to kill Pinwheel quickly to get kindling before going to get Sif then off through Sens to Anor Londo
    (I did a lot of soul farming and playing offline, so had no help)

I did increase int to 14 to use the Sword by the dragon at the start, thinking I wasted a few levels on that as I am actually a good DS player but have not played in over a year..

I have not yet died at any boss so far yet which is very good going for me so far lol happy thoughts and suggestions are most welcome happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:46 am