Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
eminusx
Odinbear
Dusk Soul
Wolfsbane
FoxeoGames
Hart
Tolvo
EarthScraper
SadPanda
Mr. Tart
SlothAlmighty
HereticForLife
Elifia
Exalted Oreo
phastings
emraluces
Seignar
R3dlace
ublug
GenericUsername
Epicfailville
A Fierce Plankton
Encore
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
arshan272
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Slarg232
Soris Ice Goldwing
Forum Pirate
Dibsville
CaptainSunbro
Rayko
Domhnall of Zena
Animaaal
LunarFog
40 posters

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game? - Page 3 Empty Re: New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

Post by phastings Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

The giant dad would be a good player controlled boss. I hope they do that again. Was such a great way to intertwine multiplayer into the story. With a return to dedicated servers, we just may see its return ( tho most likely not as giant dad bosses lol)
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game? - Page 3 Empty Re: New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

Post by Elifia Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

phastings wrote:The giant dad would be a good player controlled boss. I hope they do that again. Was such a great way to intertwine multiplayer into the story. With a return to dedicated servers, we just may see its return ( tho most likely not as giant dad bosses lol)

It must be an optional boss though. Otherwise you're forcing PvP into PvE.
    Exalted Oreo
    Exalted Oreo

Post by Exalted Oreo Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

naw they did it in demon's with the old monk. it worked pretty well
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Old Monk was a boss? I though it was Squidward! He killed me more times in that walkway than the Old Monk!

but, in all seriouness, giantdad needs to come back, but not as a boss, because you're locking players into a set-up, whereas the point of Old Monk was that the boss could be anything! Even a boss waiting to kill you before you even pass the gate.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Yea all u had to do was enter the fight non human form and it generated non player form of old monk. Still had the option to not fight pvp.

Lol good call there, as that was great not knowing what to expect from the player boss (though it was predictable when for a while everyone would just hide next to the fog gate and backstab ambush). And of course, those squids were definitely scary beasts and caused me a lot of stress and rage-quits when they ensnared for the 1 hit instakill.

Last edited by phastings on Thu May 23, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 am

Maybe bring the giantdad like Kirk only not as an invader. Give him a story and make like where I go here and then after a bit I see the giantdad and have it attack me. After he dies he disappears and then randomly somewhere I run into him again.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Thu May 23, 2013 12:43 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Maybe bring the giantdad like Kirk only not as an invader. Give him a story and make like where I go here and then after a bit I see the giantdad and have it attack me. After he dies he disappears and then randomly somewhere I run into him again.

After he dies? I don't understand what you are saying. Are you implying...No, no that would be preposterous.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 am

I think, considering what they did before in Dark Souls, they should add in a Giantdad invader, because everyone will know, that is why it will be great.

Like I said: He has to have a"Well! What is it!" walking animation for maximum effectiveness! and-

Uh...you know what? Forget what I said. He has to be a miniboss that chases you through the level and you have to keep moving because he gets up right after you beat him because "THE LEGEND NEVER DIES!" Survival-horror time! He just has to be all high and mighty with "Well! What is it!" walking animation and well also can't forget this guy will be flipping in full armor.

The possibilities are endless!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu May 23, 2013 3:39 am

Giant Dad needs to die, stay dead, be reborn just so he can die again and then have youtube purged of his existence and have FROM erase their production records and have all forums everywhere deleted from the mere mention of his name...

...or make him like the Old Monk, that would be cool thumbs up
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 am

Haha you can tell we are all traumatized by giant dad. The legend never dies haha it's too funny
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Fri May 24, 2013 2:34 am

I refuse to buy Dark Souls II if they bring in Giantdad in any form.

Unless! He occasionally switches from his zweihander to a catalyst with dark magic equipped. Triple pursuers for the win. If you want to make sure the legend never dies, that's the way to go.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 am

he also needs wog and twop.

in short make him max level with max stats but able to invade any level of player, ultimate npc ai vs player skill challenge.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I would like to see a mechanic that deals with soul tendency and the moon cycle.

for instance dark tendencies are stronger at night or during waning moons, while light tendencies are stronger during waxing cycles. and light tendencies do more damage against dark tendencies and less against other light tendencies. invading and killing someone of the opposite tendency increases your tendency and effect, while invading/killing someone of the same tendency decreases your tendency, etc.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat May 25, 2013 1:31 am

I would actually like to see NPCs, both hostile and friendly interact and move around. Even if it's just scripted movement, it's kind of boring finding the hollows and demons on the same spots everytime. Besides, imagine if you could actually "sneak" around an area because they move around, leaving gaps to run through. I think that would be amazing. I also hope for a more detailed character customization.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri May 31, 2013 5:02 am

SlothAlmighty wrote:I would like to see a mechanic that deals with soul tendency and the moon cycle.

for instance dark tendencies are stronger at night or during waning moons, while light tendencies are stronger during waxing cycles. and light tendencies do more damage against dark tendencies and less against other light tendencies. invading and killing someone of the opposite tendency increases your tendency and effect, while invading/killing someone of the same tendency decreases your tendency, etc.

THIS! I love when rpg's use the day/night cycle given that there is some significant variance between the two. This would be a great way to implement that without it being gimmicky.

If you watch the DkS 2 gameplay analysis by vaati: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqDdINZX_-M
    He mentions that the devs reference the bridge with all the flying wyvrns in what appears to be a warm environment, and how "we have seen this bridge before (wink wink). He thinks they were hinting at the game reveal trailer, where the knight is walking across a Similar bridge but in a winter setting. I think we are going to see more of a focus of 'seasons' altering the gameworld, which would be EPIC.

Just think; if good/bad actions made in either day or night effected the short term events in the gameworld, then maybe those concequences would influence the weather in either a more favorable warm atmosphere vs a more grim winter atmosphere.
    That would be pretty awesome.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Bringing a Giantdad into Dark Souls II would further it towards the path of Borderlands 2. They want to include easter eggs for their devote fans, but something like a Giantdad would only promote the use of over-saturated memes, and the whole Giantdad phase will most likely be over by March.

But that's exactly what a meme is, it's intentional purpose was used for an inside joke that was changed into a cheap one-liner by majority standing. I'm not saying the concept was bad to begin with, but now every time I see a Giantdad I cringe with anger and either beat them, or lose and get "TEH LEJUND NEVR DIES xD" spammed into my inbox.

Personally, I don't think From will do it. I don't think they would dilute their game to meet with ridiculous expectations from the community. Ever if they do, that ALSO means they have to bring back all of the mechanics that the Giantdad has:
    -Family masks
    -Giant's armor
    -Grass crest shield
    -Zweihander

And if they even just make it look similar to the original, it wouldn't be reasonably noticeable. Case in point, don't keep your hopes up, even if you all are just being sarcastic.
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Spoiler:
    I'll return...b****es New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game? - Page 3 3563967992

I want to see more rewards for covenants depending on your rank. Way of White was useless in DkS, perhaps you can get special miracles, access to special equipment.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm

^Greatest thing I have seen in my life.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:19 pm

I would like for areas where NPC's will invade more than once, possibly infinitely. Sort of giving us, the Darkroort Forest Experience. A war of attrition against the player as they try to get from point A to point B.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:32 am

I'd like to see grab/grapple attacks.
    Not to the point of giving every weapon in the game another animation (I mean, Zwei's already a BEAST) but maybe changing certain items--for instance the mimic head helm--from equipment into usable items similar to the dragon headstone.
    First use would equip the item, following uses would let you munch out on a hollows face.
    In terms of gameplay I'm thinking that rather than inflicting the heavy damage enemy grabs do, a successful grab attack would cause damage based on the AR of your primary weapon and stagger for a noticably longer time than the usual poise-break.

Thoughts?
    FoxeoGames
    FoxeoGames

Post by FoxeoGames Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm

While I have a lot of things I'd like to see, such as a simple weapon/armor crafting system & a Demon's Souls-style counter to see how much you've assisted/killed other players...

What I really do *NOT* want to see is a return to the tendency system. This is one of the most divisive features of Demon's Souls, with people loving it or hating it. I personally hated it, and felt that it was such a pain to manipulate. The worst part of the whole thing was the virtual need to go offline to properly manipulate your world tendencies, thus eliminating most of the online fun of the game.

What I also despised was the fact that I didn't want the worlds going all black, and so that meant I had to suicide in the Nexus. Problem? Yes, because that meant I was basically playing the entirety of the game in soul form and unable to be invaded. In Dark Souls, I purposefully try to stay in human form for invasions, but in DeS, I'm not going to be pushing my tendencies toward black by staying in human form.
    Wolfsbane
    Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Not sure if I missed it but please make items storage better. like DeS' Stockpile Thomas was happy
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

I would like to see a catalyst/weapon hybrid, it functions as a normal weapon; but it's strong attack instead allows you to cast your currently equipped spell. It could even have both "quality" scaling perhaps D/C (Str/Int) for example. In order to make it somewhat balanced perhaps it has a relatively low base adjustment. Obviously I would also want a Faith and Pyro hybrid too.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 pm

LunarFog wrote:This might have been made before, or is a combination of other posts but I'll make it anyways.

One brand new mechanic I hope are in the next souls game is a day/night transition.

I also hope there are weapons that have abilities similar to some Demon Souls weapons like the ability to break equipment, steal souls, or inflict curse.

I hope more power ups will be viable with stealth builds and won't have the stupid aura that gives you away.

I like it. Last time I was playing DS got invaded and the guy had a cursed weapon. Awesome, cursed in seconds. Never did beat him in the several encounters that afternoon. NG+. And I still have no idea how to make the cursed weapons yet. Yuria was just found this playthrough, then I agro'd her. ( don't ask why) lol. ).
    Also recently experienced being deleveled by getting banished. Ouch.
    I like all these these and also would like them to return.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 pm

would be cool if you could save whole equipment profiles, weapons, armor etc so that you could quickly switch between set ups instead of having change everything one at a time and try to remember each item.

I often use different set ups for different areas and or bosses, so this would save time in the menu screens when moving from one area to the next where the enemies may require different strategies.

Last edited by SlothAlmighty on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:11 am