Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Latitoast
EeAyEss
Gambs_the_Grey
Satoshi
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
WaffleGuy
Maneater_Mildred
ResIsBestStat
User1
Odinbear
Animaaal
LunarFog
17 posters

Lunar Magic

Poll

Does Lunar Magic blend in with other types of magic?

[ 6 ]
    Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap55%Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [55%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap36%Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Lunar Magic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 

Total Votes: 11
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lunar Magic - Page 3 Empty Re: Lunar Magic

Post by LunarFog Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:Will rack brain for any more lunar/moonlight themes happy
    rack your brain for names of the already existing spells!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 17, 2013 6:58 pm

spell 4 = Lesser phantasm
    spell 6 = Grand phantasm
    spell 10 = Blood Moon
    spell 14 = Orbital surge (as the spell seems gravity based)
    spell 16 = Maw of the New Moon
    spell 18 = Blind pact
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm

In case you didn't see my post on your other thread:

Moonlight talisman. A cloth of pure moonlight, weighing nothing.

Blood talisman, a moonlight talisman made with the blood of a virgin during a blood moon. Bears a curse due to the atrocity of its creation.

Moonlight talisman scales.
    Blood talisman doesn't, but has high Mag. Adj; however it takes away some health per cast.

I think the idea is to cast from the weapons, but these "Standard" talismans are here nonetheless.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat May 18, 2013 12:02 am

I love the talismans but I'm not sure if we could work it in when the magic is cast from weapons.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 18, 2013 12:07 am

There is a half moon where I am. It made me think of shield stats. I wonder what can be done with that?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 am

shield stats?
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 am

How about a weapon that features an R2 that darkens a players world to increase the power of Moonlight spells?

Or is that already implemented?

Or maybe a set that is weightless in the moonlight, and gives you a Fog Ring effect, but while in the Sunlight it becomes very heavy(About as heavy as the Elite Knight Set) and the Fog Ring effect doesn't come into play.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 am

LunarFog wrote:shield stats?
    I was thinking of how Lunar based shields would do medium to high magic defense with low to medium fire and lighting stats and a varying levels for normal defense. Only one phase of the moon is whole while the rest are merely pieces of it. That was my thought on it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat May 18, 2013 2:09 am

Maybe a healing spell that drains health of enemies, when used with the standard moonlight talisman, or friendly npc's around you, when used with a blood talisman.

Standard Talisman = weak health drain/regen,

Blood Talisman = High health drain/regen

Just wondering, why not have moonlight weapons and then blood moon counterparts? Maybe not every moonlight weapon would have a blood moon counterpart, but we could definitely do something like that.

Standard moonlight/blood moon weps follow same idea as the talismans I mentioned earlier.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am

EeAyEss wrote:Maybe a healing spell that drains health of enemies, when used with the standard moonlight talisman, or friendly npc's around you, when used with a blood talisman.

Standard Talisman = weak health drain/regen,

Blood Talisman = High health drain/regen

Just wondering, why not have moonlight weapons and then blood moon counterparts? Maybe not every moonlight weapon would have a blood moon counterpart, but we could definitely do something like that.

Standard moonlight/blood moon weps follow same idea as the talismans I mentioned earlier.

*EGGHEADBANGING*
    Shrug Proper Bow Shrug Proper Bow Shrug Proper Bow Shrug Proper Bow
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Definitely keeping that moonlight song
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:00 pm

bump
    DS_Dene
    DS_Dene
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DS_Dene Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Nice idea.
    Definitly worth a try if it would be in the game.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:33 pm

@DS_Dene 

Thank you for the support.  It means a lot
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:40 pm

I said it a while back that I like the idea you have and it can work. Really you put a lot of thought into it and it looks like it can be done.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks Soris.  Just wish I could do more with it.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Lunar Magic - Page 3 Empty Names and ideas.

Post by arshan272 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Animaaal wrote:This thread does nothing but stimulate the creative mind's eye of Dark Souls in us all.

Can I propose an idea for my particular brand of magic too? Also, in the order they were first presented, I'd like to name the spells.

1) Lunar Lamp
    2) New Moon Shroud
    3) Shade Weapon (help!)
    4) Lunar Phantom
    5) Deceive
    6) Blind Phantoms
    7) Glass Soul
    8) Hunter's Visage
    9) Illusory Scapegoat
    10) Waxing Enamor
    11) Gravity
    12) Full Moon Frenzy
    13) Bright Barrier
    14) Great Gravity
    15) Cast Moon
    16) Obscure
    17) Waxing Clarity
    18) Vow of Blindness (help! also, I imagine this to be the spell that Velka adds to this magic style. She gets around)
    19) Blood Moon

As for my magic style, it's a gift from the Everlasting dragons and has a set of catalysts that are orbs, foci, and the like. I was thinking that there could be a talisman of beats-like object, such as a moonlight orb, that allows for both Dragon and Moonlight magic, would still be specialized for both, but wouldn't be able to attack at all. If you want, I could post the rest of my ideas about Dragon Magic. I'd also like to come up with a pre-alpha story for Moonlight Magic too.

Don't tear my soul out Sun
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:47 am

This is all very interesting for sure, I don't really know if it would all fit into the game. I do think the idea of a moonlight upgrade path that turns weapons into catalysts is really cool and not too far fetched. It would change the stat scaling of the weapon to like C's or B's for int, str, and dex depending on the weapon. The r1 would be the same but r2 would be you swing the weapon like a heavy attack and it can ether hit people the same but with bonus magic dmg (varies with each spell) or if nothing was hit in the swing it would cast the spell you had equipped. It would work with all sorcery's (except weapon buffs) but the swing speed of the r2 would change with each spell same as the catalyst (you have to focus longer to channel stronger sorcery into your weapon).... What do you all think of that? I think it would truly bring battle-mages up in the respected class list .... And be awesome! lol
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 pm

arshan272 wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:This thread does nothing but stimulate the creative mind's eye of Dark Souls in us all.

Can I propose an idea for my particular brand of magic too? Also, in the order they were first presented, I'd like to name the spells.

1) Lunar Lamp
    2) New Moon Shroud
    3) Shade Weapon (help!)
    4) Lunar Phantom
    5) Deceive
    6) Blind Phantoms
    7) Glass Soul
    8) Hunter's Visage
    9) Illusory Scapegoat
    10) Waxing Enamor
    11) Gravity
    12) Full Moon Frenzy
    13) Bright Barrier
    14) Great Gravity
    15) Cast Moon
    16) Obscure
    17) Waxing Clarity
    18) Vow of Blindness (help! also, I imagine this to be the spell that Velka adds to this magic style. She gets around)
    19) Blood Moon

As for my magic style, it's a gift from the Everlasting dragons and has a set of catalysts that are orbs, foci, and the like. I was thinking that there could be a talisman of beats-like object, such as a moonlight orb, that allows for both Dragon and Moonlight magic, would still be specialized for both, but wouldn't be able to attack at all. If you want, I could post the rest of my ideas about Dragon Magic. I'd also like to come up with a pre-alpha story for Moonlight Magic too.

Don't tear my soul out Sun
    I love those names!  Some of them are absolute genius!  I hope you don't mind if I use them.  And you should definitely post your magic system.  I'm sure it would get a lot of attention.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Lunar Magic - Page 3 Empty Dragon Magic

Post by arshan272 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Here's a link to my magic style thread: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22934-dragon-magic

Last edited by arshan272 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Lunar Magic - Page 3 Empty Moonlight Story

Post by arshan272 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I have the writeup story! I hope you like it!

Again, don't tear my soul out. Sun 

The Story of Moonlight Magic

There was once a time when Velka stalked the court of Lord Gwyn, enforcing her perfect laws and dealing cruel punishments to sinners, Gods and Humans alike. Not being well-liked by most, Gwyn himself included, Velka realized she would be ousted by her peers and exiled to the then godless lands of Carim. She realized that someone had to take up the law-keeping in her stead, and so took on Gwyn's pariah son, Gwyndolin, as an apprentice. Gwyn would not hear it, and despite the supplications of his three children, he was adamant in ousting the Dark Goddess. It was then that Velka was driven to desperate measures, and forced herself upon her apprentice. Neither Gwyn nor his peers could harm a child of his own bloodline, and so Velka had bought herself time to train Gwyndolin. A fortnight before the birth of her child, she fled Anor Londo, stealing away Gwyn's grandchild as a parting punishment.

And so it came to pass that the Moonlight Queen was born. It was easy to see that the godling did not take after her mother at all, right down to her silver-grey hair. She was kind, forgiving, and quiet, and had an even greater affinity for the Moon than her father. It was also easy to see that this affinity would not be ignored. During the day, she was unfocused, almost mortal in her weakness and composure. But at night a clarity and focus came over her that rivalled even her mother's. At times, when the moon was largest in the sky, and the light it cast down was bright as day, her true power made itself known. Worthless rocks became shining fragments of silver-blue stone, and ruined weapons that guards would drag around would be mended at once and imbued with great power. As demonstrations of this power became more prevalent, so did the mortals' faith in her. And like all Gods, faith brought her strength. Upon her followers, who followed her tenets of kindness and forgiveness (much to the disdain of her mother's followers), she granted the power of the moon, imbued in what small tools they carried. Farmers' crops would grow in night as well as day, and warriors that sought her love gained great powers, their blows imbued with magic that surpassed any shield. Assassins sought her patronage, and found that the moon that once hindered their task hid them from all sight in need. Devoted sorcerers and clerics of her made peace, and poured their work into the creation of great spells for those lucky enough to be blessed by her Moonlight. Her followers' faith was unshakable, no matter where they came from or who they were, she offered them her forgiveness and love. But her mother would have none of it.

When Gwyn disappeared, and the days grew ever shorter, she placed seeds of blame on her daughter, which quickly grew into festering weeds of loathing rumor. Her followers were persecuted, but still she did not take vengeance on the fearful and the angry. She forgave them instead. But when they forsook her forgiveness and tried to destroy her, her mother's subjects intervened. On the night of the blood moon, a sect of Velka's occult warriors dealt death and destruction to all those that would do the Moonlight Queen harm. They used fell occult magics, dark and powerful variants of the Moonlight Queen's magic, to deal out punishment to the forsaken. The ones that lay down their arms, and saw reason at last, were forgiven yet again. These occult warriors later became devoted followers of the Queen themselves, who forgave the sinners that sought to make good, and punished those that did not.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm

No comment? ohh . . . crying
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 pm

keep in mind, all companies are filled with idea people, but idea's are worthless without the skills required to bring them to light.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 pm

We can still dream, can't we?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 pm