Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Forum Pirate
User1
Ghadis_God
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
nsane32
RANT
Hue
AnCapaillMor
Tolvo
raecor14
16 posters

let the next console fanboy war BEGIN!

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

let the next console fanboy war BEGIN! Empty let the next console fanboy war BEGIN!

Post by raecor14 Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 am

considering the next X-box is being released on the 22nd i divided to put the burden upon my self to start the inevitable.

so, i want to play a game, for years you have argued why your console is better then all the others, now it is your job to provide evidence. the rules are simple, you must state why you like either Microsoft or X-box better, using the criteria of 1.games 2.price 3.hardware and last but not least community. now here's an out line of what you have to do.

i like sony more than microsoft because it can cater to all my gaming needs with franchises like infamous, kill-zone, LittleBigPlanet and of cause demons souls, you know, the reason dark souls exists. (low blow i know)
    ok so price is a little higher than X-box but considering that i don't have to pay for internet i find it works out cheaper. the games are a little hefty but being in aus is the main cause for that and i can always find some way to get them cheap.
    now hardware, lets point out the obvious here and leave the rest for the tech savvy. bluray yay.(another sucker punch to the balls i know)
    as for community i cant judge because i have never owned an X-box but i never cop any really bad abuse over the PSN but i have made a few "friends" after a heated argument ahahaha

this is your test, voice your reason or remain voiceless, the choice is yours

a request for the mods: if this needs to be locked due to heated discussion could you please make the last post "game over" as to remain in the theme?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

let the next console fanboy war BEGIN! Empty Re: let the next console fanboy war BEGIN!

Post by Tolvo Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 am

The streaming feature seems nice, and I'm looking forwards to Watch_Dogs which is currently known to be on the PS4, and I like Sony games more. Really I say it's less about the hardware and more about what games you are into. For instance Wii U has me interested with Pikmin 3.

In either case, too little is known about the new Xbox yet to really even talk about it.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

let the next console fanboy war BEGIN! Empty Re: let the next console fanboy war BEGIN!

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 am

Any news on games being to locked to the PS4 console? as in it will only play on the console it was first played on. They mentioned the possibility of remoting onto another console which intrigues me for the PS4.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 am

For the old console wars, i think PS3 is better because it came out a year later, but that also gave one year for game developers to optimize their games for the 360. which is probably why multiplatform games run, and look better on Xbox, but PS3 exclusives (most of them made by sony computer entertainment) are so much more polished than 360 ones.

It's the game developers' fault, i'm one of those who think PS3 hardware is better.

Buuuut, then there are PCs, hopefully, in a few years, some genius will make a 7th generation consoles emulator, and i'll catch up on god of war, uncharted, gran turismo, halo and the like.

Hopefully, in a few years, PCs will be accessible to everyone and consoles will be forgotten.

Last edited by Hachouma on Thu May 16, 2013 9:37 am; edited 3 times in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 16, 2013 9:34 am

for me it's all about the exclusives and ps4 has the games I want. I have a feeling console are gonna die soon, I wanna see the faces of fanboys when that happens.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 am

Hachouma wrote:For the old console wars, i think PS3 is better because it came out a year later, but that also gave one year for game developers to optimize their games for the 360. which is probably why multiplatform games run, and look better on Xbox, but PS3 exclusives (most of them made by sony computer entertainment) are so much more polished than 360 ones.

It's the game developers' fault.
    TBH sony screwed up with the cell processor, this time, unless microsoft has done unimaginably bad or good, it will be more a matter of whats got the secondary requirements you want as they are both going to be the same thing gaming insides wise.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 am

RANT wrote:for me it's all about the exclusives and ps4 has the games I want. I have a feeling console are gonna die soon, I wanna see the faces of fanboys when that happens.
    people keep on saying this, i doubt this however because we all love our games on a big screen and some people (me) dont want to put up with PC controls, maintenance, updating.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 am

it does seem that the counsels are going to die out very soon with the combination of cheaper PC's the possibility of used games not working on the new consoles and the increase of price in counsels
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 am

nsane32 wrote:it does seem that the counsels are going to die out very soon with the combination of cheaper PC's the possibility of used games not working on the new consoles and the increase of price in counsels

consoles are not expensive when you compare them to a pc, specially if you want to update every year which cost hundreds of dollars. I meant more in the lines of one ony one console is gonna be standing, hopefully it will be a console made by microsoft and sony with all the games from both companies and others like Nintendo and sega.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu May 16, 2013 9:52 am

Holodeks will be the future.
    Remoting in is where it'll be in a few years, pc\consoles will basically be glorified routers.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 am

RANT wrote:
    nsane32 wrote:it does seem that the counsels are going to die out very soon with the combination of cheaper PC's the possibility of used games not working on the new consoles and the increase of price in counsels

consoles are not expensive when you compare them to a pc, specially if you want to update every year which cost hundreds of dollars. I meant more in the lines of one ony one console is gonna be standing, hopefully it will be a console made by microsoft and sony with all the games from both companies and others like Nintendo and sega.

I agree that console-exclusive titles are doing serious damage to gaming. It's a pettiness that bears very little fruit and which mostly only serves to alienate a large swath of the gaming population and for what? Some stupid virtual pissing contest.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu May 16, 2013 12:20 pm

raecor14 wrote:considering the next X-box is being released on the 22nd i divided to put the burden upon my self to start the inevitable.

so, i want to play a game, for years you have argued why your console is better then all the others, now it is your job to provide evidence. the rules are simple, you must state why you like either Microsoft or X-box better, using the criteria of 1.games 2.price 3.hardware and last but not least community. now here's an out line of what you have to do.

i like sony more than microsoft because it can cater to all my gaming needs with franchises like infamous, kill-zone, LittleBigPlanet and of cause demons souls, you know, the reason dark souls exists. (low blow i know)
    ok so price is a little higher than X-box but considering that i don't have to pay for internet i find it works out cheaper. the games are a little hefty but being in aus is the main cause for that and i can always find some way to get them cheap.
    now hardware, lets point out the obvious here and leave the rest for the tech savvy. bluray yay.(another sucker punch to the balls i know)
    as for community i cant judge because i have never owned an X-box but i never cop any really bad abuse over the PSN but i have made a few "friends" after a heated argument ahahaha

this is your test, voice your reason or remain voiceless, the choice is yours

a request for the mods: if this needs to be locked due to heated discussion could you please make the last post "game over" as to remain in the theme?

What?
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 pm

It does come down to exclusives for me and to be frankly honest, Sony I find has the better exclusives and we've all ready seen a few of them for the PS4 and I definitely want to know what happens in Infamous Second Son since I'm an Infamous fan.
    Plus the fact that majority of friends in real life I know that I usually play with online are going to get a PS4 for the next generation. I prefer to play with friends then random strangers.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri May 17, 2013 4:17 pm

You won't catch me dead with an Xbox but I won't buy a PS4 until pricedrop. Honestly, the idea of fighting over consoles to defend some company that cares nothing for you except as a source of money to screw over in any way possible is stupid, you won't hear me fanboying over a goddamn console.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Nice response Ghadis.
    Sums up my exact thoughts.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Yep, pretty sure there's no fanboys I here except for dks fanboys.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Hachouma wrote:For the old console wars, i think PS3 is better because it came out a year later, but that also gave one year for game developers to optimize their games for the 360. which is probably why multiplatform games run, and look better on Xbox, but PS3 exclusives (most of them made by sony computer entertainment) are so much more polished than 360 ones.

It's the game developers' fault, i'm one of those who think PS3 hardware is better.

Buuuut, then there are PCs, hopefully, in a few years, some genius will make a 7th generation consoles emulator, and i'll catch up on god of war, uncharted, gran turismo, halo and the like.

Hopefully, in a few years, PCs will be accessible to everyone and consoles will be forgotten.

Its not about accessibility, its about convienence. Games are made for consoles, to console specs. All it takes to play is to put the disk in, maybe a data install or a software update if you're offline or the developer was being lazy.

Computers are not so simple to game on. More than once I've watched people have to manually write files that were corrupted or missing during download, for games they bought legally with steam or orgin, not to mention the constant upgrades necessary to run ever more detailed games at above console quality (graphics wise.)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri May 17, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm a Sony slut..... Ready my fanboy cape of protection...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 17, 2013 4:43 pm

i prefer sony too, at least so far, but my loyalty is not to the company. Sony just has more exclusives that I prefer and better hardware. If this changes................ok I'll still prefer sony because psn is free and 90% of my dashboard isn't taken by adds.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri May 17, 2013 4:56 pm

let the next console fanboy war BEGIN! 34542431
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri May 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I am "loyal" to sony, because i dislike the business ideas that microsft do.do.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:I am "loyal" to Sony, because I dislike the business ideas that Microsoft do.

I'm sorry, but you said you wanted help pointing out your errors. silly
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Renny™️ wrote:
    Tehdoomgrasp wrote:I am "loyal" to Sony, because I dislike the business ideas that Microsoft do.

I'm sorry, but you said you wanted help pointing out your errors. silly

I just typed that while fighting a dragon in skyrim... Don´t know why though.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Pause menu..
    It's there for a reason.
    Anyway, the derail should stop now, but I would quite like to have this conversation, for some reason.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri May 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Renny™ wrote:Pause menu..
    It's there for a reason.
    Anyway, the derail should stop now, but I would quite like to have this conversation, for some reason.

Indeed, me to.

Anyway, I read somewhere that sony will not make the console capable of backward campability, but that it will not be bound to a single console and therefore allowing trading

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am