Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
Seignar
7 posters

Stone Greatsword

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Stone Greatsword Empty Stone Greatsword

Post by Seignar Tue May 21, 2013 7:10 pm

I always wondered what are peoples opinion about this thing as I have rarely seen it use (or the Gargoyle Tail Axe despite it is the only DEX axe in the game, but that is another story) and I can actually see why. It is a very easy weapon to pair with TWoP because it shares the exact same qualities with it, if not better.

Facts:

1) It has 4 "casts" that can be regenerated (although troublesome).
    2) It is incapable of stunlocking or deadangling and it is a Quality weapon with still somewhat suckish damage.
    3) Its TWoP casts faster, can be looped with itself and other TWoP and does not prevent self-buffs.
    4) It weights 18.0, therefore it is difficult to fast roll without consequences.
    5) It cannot be stopped with Vow of Silence.
    6) It gives a pretty big warning sign considering it is green.

What do you think of this weak, deadly weapon for STR?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Stone Greatsword Empty Re: Stone Greatsword

Post by LunarFog Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Because of it's low damage it's best if it's a backup weapon for a strength character with no faith. Something to menu swap in and out of.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 pm

I really only seen this weapon for the TWoP spell it has. I don't think it is a viable main weapon to use since the cons are a critical aspect in PvP. It is too heavy compared to other weapons and I doubt it hold it's own well in a fight without using the spell it has.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

TWoP cast ---> Fire tempest.

Bonus points for doing it at a low level...well bonus troll points. Great anti-gank in forest though. Steps:

1. Wear dusk crown + elemental rapier (people will think you're a caster of some variety), make sure to use bellowing. Possibly fire off some unlocked soul arrows to sell it, or fire an annoying poison bow. Something like that.
    2. When gankers rush in, switch to this weapon and TWoP. Then, Walk up to them and fire tempest.
    3. Be sure to taunt excessively if you actually win, because what you did was really skillful of course.
    4. If you want to be an extra special jerk, make the ring besides bellowing the hornet's ring...although if you want more poise that's an acceptable route also, since you wouldn't want tempest interrupted after all.
    5. (Optional) if you encounter someone 1 v 1 and want a proper fight, you probably don't want to use this combo.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am

i'd say it's best used at higher levels (130+) and has some good qualities and it will break 600AR if you take a quality build and add about 32 INT or so. but that's split damage and there are better quality weapons out there that weigh less and require fewer stats. if you like its TWoP feature, use the miracle instead of the stone great sword.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Honestly, people underestimate the Stone Greatsword; despite it being one of my favorite weapons. And as for dead angles, I know of at least 3. The 1H R2 can DESTROY guards and poise, and the magic damage has serious chip potential. The 2H R2 lets you sneak some hits in since it's relatively a TWoP, and that can lead to more options.

Amazing combo:

2H R2 into dead angle 1H R1,

Follow up with a 1H R2 to break their poise,

Dead angle force to knock them down,

WD R1 as a wake up hit.

Gets 'em every time.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

SadPanda wrote:Honestly, people underestimate the Stone Greatsword; despite it being one of my favorite weapons. And as for dead angles, I know of at least 3. The 1H R2 can DESTROY guards and poise, and the magic damage has serious chip potential. The 2H R2 lets you sneak some hits in since it's relatively a TWoP, and that can lead to more options.

Amazing combo:

2H R2 into dead angle 1H R1,

Follow up with a 1H R2 to break their poise,

Dead angle force to knock them down,

WD R1 as a wake up hit.

Gets 'em every time.

Samesies, chip damage is one of the most overlooked aspect of this game. I usually only do the 2hr2 for forest trolling though :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm