Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100]

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100] Empty Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100]

Post by Seignar Wed May 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Welcome to the Salty Death Arena, how tough are you?
    How tough am I? How tough am I!? I made a Mage build in Dark Souls!
    *Chuckle* Yeah, so?
    With only 1 INT point invested...
    ...Right this way, sorry to keep you waiting!

C&C? I've been wanting to work on some more unique builds as of late, so why not make a different Mage build that utilizes low level magic? What are your opinions? Can this work? Can this only fail?
    Spoiler:
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100] Empty Re: Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100]

Post by CrackSouls Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Pretty cool. I'm working on a very similar build, only I'm focusing less on stuff like Dark bead and more on GMW and oolicile magics. It's a long shot but we'll see what happens. We should duel each other at some point!
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100] Empty Re: Totally different: All I need is 1[SL100]

Post by Seignar Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 pm

You just can't go wrong with Dark Bead and it is the only magic that can actually scare people off you, not to mention it can work Mid-range since it spreads. Although, Oolacile magic isn't bad, it is much more support magic than offensive magic, which I wanted to try here.

Any how, low class offensive magic is very helpful since the casts let you infinitely spam it (Dark Orb is particularly helpful because of its devastating stagger and guard break) and the fact that it means you can pressure practically endlessly since 45 DEX makes quick casts. A small tip to note, casting magic doesn't stop stamina regeneration, so my tactic is usually to waste stamina, then Dark Bead so they hesitantly run off and you can pressure them at longer ranges while you recover.

The only problem is that I can't 1H the Melee weapon for that tactic, but I'm sure, considering the stats that it has, I can find another.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Dark bead is actually pretty weak at that Int, aside from the stagger it's not too much of a threat, you might hit the opponent for 3-400 with all of the beads.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Weak or not, Dark Bead has a fear factor in it that will scare people away. Hey, people dodge my Great Soul Arrow and it only deals around 100-200 damage. The point of this build wasn't "be a powerful, short lasting mage!" it was meant to be a long-lasting caster with continous pressure, but the only thing that pressures well close range is Dark Bead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am