Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
GenericUsername
Slarg232
Carphil
Forum Pirate
densetsushun
ViralEnsign_
Elite Knight
Leeroy_Jenkins
Ashran
RevolverSnake
Red Rosie
tinypantha
Emergence
JohnnyHarpoon
Uparkaam
Jansports
Satoshi
Dibsville
22 posters

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:09 am

Thats right Den. I used to play a lot two years ago. But I got tired, and stopped for an while. But I'm looking foward to get MTGO soon. Favorite decks? Mono blue, red/black or red/green/blue
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D

Post by Slarg232 Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Didn't know about the deck builder site, thanks big grin

So my Cinder deck is complete, and since I got most of those cards for a quarter, I decided to buy a booster pack or two. Got a Red Elemental that doubles the damage of any Red Sorcery I cast, and Duel Casting (Tap a creature, pay a Red, copy any sorcery or instant spell you cast); I can turn a two mana 3 damage spell into a three mana 12 damage nuke.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 am

Nice one dude! Oh, if you're a fan of populate, you should check out the Strength of Selesnya event deck for the rares alone.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Didn't know about the deck builder site, thanks big grin

So my Cinder deck is complete, and since I got most of those cards for a quarter, I decided to buy a booster pack or two. Got a Red Elemental that doubles the damage of any Red Sorcery I cast, and Duel Casting (Tap a creature, pay a Red, copy any sorcery or instant spell you cast); I can turn a two mana 3 damage spell into a three mana 12 damage nuke.
    You can just type the names, or post the from the gatherer. Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 ImageMagic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 Image
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Sweet, didn't know that, thanks big grin

My elemental deck has been completely bought, just waiting for the cards to come in through the mail.

I figure I'll put together a Black and a White (Two separate) Knight Decks, so I can show friends of mine how to play, card synergies, and similar.

And I could be evil and throw in Knights of the Hokey Pokey when I'm showing a certain female friend the game Hurrah

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 Image
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi all, I love MTG! I used to play irl a fair bit but then stopped because it was getting expensive...

Emergence and I have played MTGO a few times, and you can thank us 2 for the various MTG avatars floating around the forums (It should be noticeable since we have realistic stuff and didnt go all YOLO with OP creatures that cost a bazillion mana)

Anyway! Below are some of my faves...

Favourite planeswalker and art...

There are many cost efficient creatures, but I always enjoyed using these 3

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 678_akdpupwtlo 

My favourite creature card art has to be...

Part of my favourite block as well, Alara / conflux / Alara reborn and the Esper colours had some great sphinx cards... This being my fave...

My favourite sorcery would have to be ...

Its a slow, and painful end to anyone when suspended... The look on someones face when they try to keep cool... Whilst having to sacrifice something every 2 turns to keep it going off, or bite the bullet and lose half of their stuff twisted 

A special mention goes to the Eldrazi of the Zendikar block, I absolutely loved finding ways to cheat these guys out early in the game, and the story behind them was great

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 Mm85_eldrazi
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:37 pm

I used to play YGO. Well What is it
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:06 pm

@Rosie I love grave titan' deck, and I never saw that art, usually what comes up is this one, which is very cool too, imo

Magic the Gathering, There has to be others who play :D - Page 2 97
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I am a bit behind the curve since I was last most active in the Mirrodin block.  I am presently taking a look through standard to see what is new.  The Ravnica set is more or less new to me and the new core as well.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Grave Titan, proving that Magic the Gathering is the most Metal TCG out there right now.

Who do I have to talk to to get myself Planeswalkered?

Also, how do you share builds made on the Deckbuilder? I can't find an export button anywhere.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 am

That was the promo grave titan art, you got one from a local store if you purchased the xbox arcade magic game, and I won the other 3 + a set of 4 phyrexian obliterators in a tourney... Those 8 cards in ma dack made it a very scary one twisted 

I started playing just after the Alara block cycled out Murgence, which was a shame since I loved the look of the 3 colour stuff. Most of my IRL playing was during zendikar and mirrodin cycle

I made the cards for Murgence and I... But its only really easy for people you know, so the stuff can be matched up etc... You can just google search "MTG card maker" and go from there?

=)
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 am

Emergence wrote:I am a bit behind the curve since I was last most active in the Mirrodin block.  I am presently taking a look through standard to see what is new.  The Ravnica set is more or less new to me and the new core as well.
    Don't worry E, last I played was the Mirrodin block as well so I can't play any of my familiar cards or decks in Standard sad But that's where Modern comes in!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

It is expensive, I don't really buy boosters anymore. I buy what I need for decks. It ranges from 50-200 usd a deck most times, but thats way cheaper than buying boosters untill I get what I need.

It helps that I don't play standard because its way more expensive. Modern and EDH are most of my matches.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 am

Forum Pirate wrote:It is expensive, I don't really buy boosters anymore. I buy what I need for decks. It ranges from 50-200 usd a deck most times, but thats way cheaper than buying boosters untill I get what I need.

It helps that I don't play standard because its way more expensive. Modern and EDH are most of my matches.
    Modern is less restricted anyway and allows for more themed deck building.

I remember someone asking how to share a deck with the MTG Deck Builder:
    From the homepage, click profile, you'll see a bar on the left with different options, hit deck, then click the link for your deck. Share that link.

This is what my current B/R beatdown looks like(with the cards I currently own):
    Standard B/R Beatdown deck
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 am

Den thanks for linking the card list on that g/w event deck. After looking through it, turns out I was on my way to building that deck on my own so this will save me some time!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 pm

http://www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/ViewDeck/705294

My black Knight deck; uses Haakon (Who has Champions Helm for Hexproof and Darksteel Plate for Indestructable) to bring the Knights back from the dead over and over, along with Disciples to give me life, Priests to give me Demons, and Reaper to deal some nice damage.

Put Dead-Iron Sledge and Nemesis Mask on any of the knights, wipe out every monster the opponent has, march the rest down and hit the guy. Banshee's Blade allows me to keep growing stronger as the game goes on, despite my creatures constantly dying.

Magebane Armor and Kite Shields allow me to sacrifice a knight with the Disciple to give me +12 life a turn, Crypt Ghast supplying the mana for it.

Anything I should change? Also, not quite sure what to use my last three cards on.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Emergence wrote:Den thanks for linking the card list on that g/w event deck.  After looking through it, turns out I was on my way to building that deck on my own so this will save me some time!
    No problem! The deck could use some tweaking to really take advantage of it(stuff like gaining life for your tokens, removing those bloody Doomed Travelers, more powerhouses that gain power/toughness for every creature you control, etc).

Slarg232 wrote:http://www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/ViewDeck/705294

My black Knight deck; uses Haakon (Who has Champions Helm for Hexproof and Darksteel Plate for Indestructable) to bring the Knights back from the dead over and over, along with Disciples to give me life, Priests to give me Demons, and Reaper to deal some nice damage.

Put Dead-Iron Sledge and Nemesis Mask on any of the knights, wipe out every monster the opponent has, march the rest down and hit the guy. Banshee's Blade allows me to keep growing stronger as the game goes on, despite my creatures constantly dying.

Magebane Armor and Kite Shields allow me to sacrifice a knight with the Disciple to give me +12 life a turn, Crypt Ghast supplying the mana for it.

Anything I should change? Also, not quite sure what to use my last three cards on.
    Well, I don't know if you accidentally categorised it as Standard or not, but that deck isn't really Standard legal. For now, the blocks that are legal in Standard are:
    Innistrad
    Dark Ascension
    Avacyn Restored
    Magic 2013
    Return to Ravnica
    Gatecrash
    Dragon's Maze (effective May 3, 2013)
    Magic 2014 (effective July 19, 2013)

So you'd have to drop:
    Black Knight
    Haakon
    Phyrexian Crusader
    Nemesis Mask
    Dead-Iron Sledge
    Darksteel Plate
    Greatsword
    Buried Alive
    Banshee's Blade
    Champion's Helm
    Konda's Banner
    Magebane Armor
    Kite Shield
    Sword of Light and Shadow

If you're playing Modern you'd have to drop:
    Buried Alive
    Champion's Helm

Sorry buddy sad
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:45 pm

It's mostly a casual deck, I didn't really look but didn't see "Casual" as a way to mark the deck :/
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Ah, in that case there's no real problem, pretty awesome one to boot big grin
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Aye. I was first putting it together, then I realized the enchantments I had in it were pretty much worthless since they would be dying a lot, and I didn't want to splash green for Rancor. Logically, decided to go with equipment.

Also, visited the store today, picked up two of these;

and Two of these:

Remember that infinite combo I posted at the start of this thread? Yeah, I can actually do that now big grin
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:05 am

Just got out of a match against a friend who used his zombie deck.  It was a bit fuzzy, but it ended with him having 339 10/10 Levitating zombie tokens on the field.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:35 am

Holy hell, what did he play with? My girlfriend's been meaning to find something to beef her Zombies up even more lol.

Slarg, how is that an infinite combo unless you also have infinite mana?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Pay 1/bl/bk for Mill To Damage this turn.

Have Mind Crank out.

Mill 1 card; they take 1 damage. Because they took a damage, they Mill a card. Because they milled a card, they take 1 damage. Because they took a damage, they mill 1 card etc etc etc.

Mind Crank procs the other guys ability as long as I payed for it, which in turn procs Mind Crank. This is in my Mill Deck as well, so I have Horrifying Realization and other cheap Mill cards.

My brother's zombie deck is ludicrous like that, as well. I think he had 1000 zombies one time, and his friend had ~2000 life, and they just called it a draw because of how neither of them could make a move on the other. I don't know how either of them did it.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:25 pm

densetsushun wrote:Holy hell, what did he play with? My girlfriend's been meaning to find something to beef her Zombies up even more lol.

Slarg, how is that an infinite combo unless you also have infinite mana?

I believe he had 3 Diregraf Captains
    3 Cemetery Reapers
    2 Grave Titans
    2 Cellar Door
    2 Endless Ranks of the Undead
    2 Army of the Damned

And a few others I'll need to find
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Slarg, I see how that works now, that's pretty devious! Generic, thanks, I'll go check the cards out later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:50 pm