Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
TehInfamousAmos
Glutebrah
Animaaal
Tolvo
reim0027
Jiub of Carim
TheMeInTeam
raecor14
Soris Ice Goldwing
ublug
Dibsville
Forum Pirate
twigsterxd
Dusk Soul
Seignar
KrazykevS10
Bleeding_Katana
Ghadis_God
UmbasaOtter
Serious_Much
Shakie666
Werdax
roanispe
AnCapaillMor
Jansports
Saturday-Saint
30 posters

Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls Empty Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 28, 2013 5:26 am

Yesterday I was fighting a Murakumo user and he stunlocked me. Since he did not have the dignity to stop pressing R1, I did not show him the dignity of pressing on D-pad, and he killed me. I was like, "Wow..." emphasis on the condescending ellipses. It looks really dumb when you swing it, like one of those giant foam noodles you see at swimming pools, so you know the person using it is a min-maxing turboscrub. How do people justify using this OP piece of balogna? It is really pathetic to me that people would care so much about winning and so little about my person enjoyment that they would use this.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls Empty Re: Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls

Post by Jansports Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 am

Why so hostile and sarcastic this late at night Saturday?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls Empty Re: Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue May 28, 2013 5:43 am

Same can be said about the zwei, great sword and any other poise breaking weapon. As much as i hate being stunlocked, murakamo and other big weapons are slow and need a some advantage. Just don't try going toe to toe with them.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue May 28, 2013 5:46 am

Murakumo is an overwhelmingly deadly weapon, with incredible damage as befitting its large weight, and stat requirements. I've seen a lot of Nico streamers a Crystal version, and it has a pretty strong following with a certain group of high level (in more ways than one) players. All attacks can go into a stagger BS provided they stun, and most of them also have fast enough recovery after the hit to avoid a BS if the opponent toggles out because most of the animation comes before the actually damaging portion.

I find it a bit unnerving that I don't totally disagree with your 'incisive' insight and I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if it lost some damage, but since I'm not a fanatical user of it, I feel like Scissors calling Rock overpowered.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 28, 2013 5:49 am

Roanispe was there last night. He saw it happened. He saw it and he did nothing. That is why he is agreeing with me now, out of guilt.

You could have stopped this, Roanispe, but now it is too late. Fun is over. Honor is dead. Metakumo has begun.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue May 28, 2013 6:05 am

Since you died for our meta, I feel like Judas now. However, instead of 30 pieces of silver, I got 22560 souls. I think I got the better deal.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Tue May 28, 2013 7:08 am

I was fighting Murakumo wielder last night, and it didn't take him long to kill me. I had 90 poise, but it only felt like one hit until I was stunlocked, and he chipped away my health in an instant.
    It is both strong, relatively fast and it got a wide range. A weapon to be reckoned with. However, it is one of those weapons I find enjoyable to fight. I find it difficult to deal with, but it adds to the fun of fighting it.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

Is it really that good? I tried using once, but I found it too slow. Maybe I wasn't using it right, but I couldn't stunlock people with it as reliably as with a UGS.

However, as everyone is saying: big, slow weapons need to be worth using. Remove their ability to stunlock, and what else is there?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 28, 2013 11:06 am

A few of your recent posts have disappointed me saturday, you've gotten extremely absolutist in your opinions.

I'm also very confused as the why stunlocking someone and using the stunlock is undignified?

Anyways, I don't think the murakamo is OP, it has a pretty high stat requirement, and it's not even a str weapon, specific builds are needed to use it.

The only reason it's as prevalent as it is, is the fact that 'quality' builds are so popular, and the way it's required stats are with dex scaling and str requirements, the 28/40 formula might as well be tailor made for it
    UmbasaOtter
    Regular
    Regular

Post by UmbasaOtter Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 pm

i love a good satire, had me giggling to see a few take it so seriously. But seriously, when all else fails; you can not out think, or outplay your opponent, press R1 repeatedly!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

You still have to be good to win with the mura you know, I know very few people who can actually stand a decent chance against me with it. Also, one of our mods is a big mura fan, it might be best not to insult him winking
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Murakumo tactics -

Bait the swing, hit L2, hope for the best. Thee end.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue May 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I know it's a bit overpowered if you get caught in it's swings but that's too much rage bud.Surely you must be too used to stunlocks by now? It might not take a lot of talent to spam the same attack over and over some people do in fact use it without stunlocks,I salute those players.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue May 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Murakumo weights 12 units, has a 28/40 requirement, meaning you need to invest more points into that and less on VIT or END, in addition the 28 makes for a somewhat wasted point since only some weapons benefit from it.

It is a weapon that only works on major point investments: Don't you think it has a right to...quite a couple of perks? I mean, why should 1 sided weapons be equal, but the murakumo as well even tho it needs both sides?
    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Bleeding_Katana Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I know it's a bit overpowered if you get caught in it's swings but that's too much rage bud.Surely you must be too used to stunlocks by now? It might not take a lot of talent to spam the same attack over and over some people do in fact use it without stunlocks,I salute those players.

If i'm using something that causes stunlock after i stun them i'll hit them one more, maybe two more times and back off (depending on how they're playing) because i wish people had the courtesy to do the same thing. There's no skill or fun if you bow to someone eat your grass and stunlock them till they're dead.

On a side note, what is this d-pad talk having to do with stunlocking? I've never heard of this. Does hitting the d-pad cancel the stunlock?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Bleeding_Katana wrote:Does hitting the d-pad cancel the stunlock?
    Switching weapons will cancel hit-stun, yes.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

I love the Murakumo; but I am terrible at using it, while all weapons are deadly in the right hands there are some weapons that are easier to use; but I don't feel the Murakumo is one of these, there is a very steep learning curve to use it.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 28, 2013 9:49 pm

If a stun-lock type weapon should be removed, then dual uchi users should be banned in Demon Souls. There is a way to fight a stun-locker I just can't do it cause I suck at PvP. I don't remember how but my buddy showed me on Demons
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 28, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm 95% certain that op is sarcasm, so those of you who came in and started defending the weapon/its users wasted your time trying to convince him of something he already believed.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 28, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with this one.
    The Curved-Greatsword is simply the new Greatsword. Since the speed nerf, people needed a new weapon that could stunlock well. Unfortunately, the Curved-Greatsword has long range, Greatsword poise damage, and takes very little stamina per swing.

If anything, it should simply be a little slower, do a little less poise damage, or my personal favourite, you should only be able to swing it four times max per 40 END stamina bar, five with FaP, but it definitely shouldn't be removed from the game.

Last edited by Dibsville on Tue May 28, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Horrendous grammar + added info)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Its also slow (seriously, it only barely out paces ugs on the first swing, and its just as heavy/shorter/weaker)
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue May 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm 95% certain that op is sarcasm.
    95% of anything saturday posts is sarcasm Murakumo should be deleted from Dark Souls 3679643796. His tips and guides posts are usually very good though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 pm

It is a slow weapon that requires a noticably sacrifice in stats to wield and is a bit heavy to wield. It takes enough stamina to be left open and the swings, though wide are avoidable and a fast player can abuse that swing speed. It is a weapon I tried once and died a lot using. Though I think there is a learning curve to it. I wouldn't remove at all. Maybe rework its stunlock ability but not remove it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 28, 2013 10:04 pm

Am I the only person who likes stunlocking? Especially with the escapes/counters readily avalible
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Am I the only person who likes stunlocking? Especially with the escapes/counters readily avalible
    I use a Halberd, and I can honestly say stunlocking is extremely unnecessary in quite a few situations.

I think the poise break on weapons should be lowered, but only if backstabs were not a problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:30 am