Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Forum Pirate
swordiris
crbngville2
roanispe
Sentiel
Pilgrim34
Saturday-Saint
Ghadis_God
John-Cutler
lonewolf
Jansports
Myztyrio
Latitoast
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
SirArchmage
Lmaousine
21 posters

Hornet Ring.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Hornet Ring. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hornet Ring.

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Ohko parries. Thats why.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Because I'm an assassin and screw you if you don' like it, a Hornet ring equivalent will be in Dark Souls 2 also
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 pm

HR is completely fair game IMO. Take the Rapier. It does crap damage. With a HR, a BS is roughly the same as a GC without a HR. I consider it a buff that sacrifices a ring slot.

Now, take Str weapons. A HR BS will hurt beyond belief, but that extra ring slot being lost really hurts. They will likely be slower, and therefore easier to roll BS or evade. They will essentially only be able to poise stab you, and you should be able to counterstab them (since it is obvious). If you don't know how to do that, you should learn. It can be devastating to people who only know how to BS.

That leaves parries. Well, if you get parried, one of 2 things happened. You opponent is good, or you are predictable or fell into a parry bait. Either way, you deserve the damage.

TL;DR: BS are predictable and counterable. HR sacrifices a valuable ring slot (and therefore has disadvantages). Therefore, IMO, HR is not overpowered.

SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:01 pm

reim0027 wrote:HR is completely fair game IMO. Take the Rapier. It does crap damage. With a HR, a BS is roughly the same as a GC without a HR. I consider it a buff that sacrifices a ring slot.

Now, take Str weapons. A HR BS will hurt beyond belief, but that extra ring slot being lost really hurts. They will likely be slower, and therefore easier to roll BS or evade. They will essentially only be able to poise stab you, and you should be able to counterstab them (since it is obvious). If you don't know how to do that, you should learn. It can be devastating to people who only know how to BS.

That leaves parries. Well, if you get parried, one of 2 things happened. You opponent is good, or you are predictable or fell into a parry bait. Either way, you deserve the damage.

TL;DR: BS are predictable and counterable. HR sacrifices a valuable ring slot (and therefore has disadvantages). Therefore, IMO, HR is not overpowered.

That is three things >_> But still, you are correct. If I had an open ring slot on my tank classes the first thing I'd put on there is Hornet ring. I have backstabbed so many people with my tanks it is ridiculous, not simply because of my poise but because they leave themselves open and don't expect a full giants with a greatshield and greataxe to run fast and not sit and turtle. And when it comes to parries, as you said they need to sacrifice a ring slot, so they might have less health then usual and that parry leaves them open for damage.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 am

Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 am

DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking
    Hornet Ring. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRek2rw9iGvJTzptf6b8l6HqFfYlXUyJFW1WP-pplTP8hY3I6KT
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:32 am

SirArchmage wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking
    Hornet Ring. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRek2rw9iGvJTzptf6b8l6HqFfYlXUyJFW1WP-pplTP8hY3I6KT
    +1 sir.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 am

Mage, Your way of interacting with the general community is awesome.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:18 pm

SirArchmage wrote:

Lol then you might get called a try hard silly
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    SirArchmage wrote:

Lol then you might get called a try hard silly
    Hornet Ring. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRs_fvJhTs9xhB24auzs_cD4Kv-2XtVS1W_DwNCz8ENJ9luQ0w-
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals Hornet Ring. - Page 2 3679643796
    and then you could also take 1 shot from some prick with a bow who then just refuses to engage untill pw kills you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Yup, has its tradeoffs. PW is fairly easy to beat. Just run or turtle or both. So, the PW fighter has a distinct disadvantage when using it. Sounds like a fair trade to me, even with a HR (which doesn't do jack if your opponent keeps his distance).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:07 am