Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Reaperfan
DoughGuy
Encore
Fatneckwood
Exequim
Myztyrio
Argetlam350
Emergence
phastings
MistahrFox
Marionx
Halicarnassis
SlothAlmighty
Onion Knight
Animaaal
Anonymous Proxy
Mishrak
iGBx
Seignar
Sentiel
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
Werdax
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Soris Ice Goldwing
ublug
HereticForLife
sinspaw
Looking Glass Mind
Sargerus
tofucactaur
DyingAce
37 posters

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 2 Empty Re: New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Why has no one else noticed him RUNNING over the Wyvern Bridge?
    It respawned like everything else does in a zone or just run past to avoid it? Maybe you return there at some point?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 2 Empty Re: New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    It respawned like everything else does in a zone or just run past to avoid it? Maybe you return there at some point?

Well, having architecture respawn wouldn't be something new in a Souls game. If you die to the Stray Demon the collapsed floor gets magically fixed every time you respawn at the bonfire.
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Sargerus wrote:here, i found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EHgUuhOsHoA

BTW the official website was updated, now with pre-order info and more

www.darksoulsii.com

They have a forum also - http://www.darksoulsii.com/forums/?lang=us
    Now everyone can throw their suggestions at the developers with more hope of being noticed.

I noticed and thought it not that important compared to other things shown. So they'll be a way to not fall to your death on the bridge New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 2 3358384175
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 pm

DyingAce wrote:Is he kindling the bonfire?
    Looks more like he's putting it out. This only supports my time travel / parallel worlds theory; age of fire vs age of dark.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Also, i like to point up for those that didn't like the music, the original Dark Souls also had some trailers with very unfitting music like the Bartholomew trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Does the mirror version of Elite Knight sport a Dragonslayer Spear? What the hells is that thing doing in there? O_o

Anyhow, the new trailer is a major dissapointment for me. I see still less and less Souls in this game.
    I will wait for some actual gameplay. Perhaps a demo showcase like Dark Souls.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 pm

I also felt that the fire was being extinguished.

Slarg, I noticed the bridge being back up but didn't think it was a huge thing. Like others said, some architecture comes back (barrels anyone?, floor, wall in Sen's if I'm not mistaken). There's also precedent for areas only being able to be accessed after acquiring an item (Covenant of Artorias for example) or after you've done a certain task (tendency events, Lordvessel, etc.). My take is that you need to do something that lets you cross the bridge safely or find an item. My guess is that the bridge clip is the latest troll from the team. They went to great pains in the first video to show the character falling to his death, this just seems to be them antagonizing us by showing a very ambiguous view to state "ha ha, you can cross it but HOW?"
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 pm

About the animations. Yeah, don't worry too much about them, we aren't used to it is all. How do you think I felt when I played Dark Souls after Demon's?

About the trailer itself? Either they are trying to sell the game by giving it a different feel, just wanted a different kind of trailer or they really did change the way Souls will work. Well, 1 of those 3 possibilities is bad.

About the Mirror Knight? Old Monk style is possible, but it sounds more likely that it will either copy you or do some vodoo thing.
    iGBx
    iGBx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by iGBx Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKREwisQ_vw

Hello, here is the new Dark Souls 2 trailer revealed at E3 today. It's on my channel so come along and support your local YouTuber!

happy

This looks awesome.
    Mishrak
    Mishrak

Post by Mishrak Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 pm

I get the impression that their main goal here is to show off the graphics engine and just give us snippets of lore by visuals. Like eating some ginger before eating sushi, just to get your taste buds all excited.

I wouldn't take much stock in how the game is going to play based on a video like this. Notice there was no HUD or UI. They have a lot to work on still and a long time to do it. I won't start making judgement calls until I see an updated gameplay video.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 pm

My only and I mean only real issue is that I wanted to see more gameplay. Granted the trailer looks great and I have good spirits of the game but I wished I saw a bit about gameplay.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm

I remember in the Dark Souls trailers...the character wore different costumes. Getting sick of this same costume wearing mofo.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 pm

tofucactaur wrote:...very sick of the main character at this stage, and the character animations...

I wouldn't worry about the character in the trailer. They had pretty much the same deal with Demon's and Dark. Sort of a mascot I'd imagine.

Also, I thought the character animations looked incredible. It looks like the weapon movesets will be as fast as in Demon's, but as diverse as in Dark. I'm pretty excited about that.

sinspaw wrote:Still drooling over it. The scenery looks so much better on this trailer!

Have to say I am also bothered by the same character being shown over and over. I can't help but feel there is some meaning into that. I wonder if we're being shown the new "Oscar"....

Agreed, the atmosphere looks amazing, and yeah, its the new Oscar. I'll second that sentiment.

Werdax wrote:...The music was very out of place, though...

I didn’t think so. I didn’t mind it at all. But then again I’m a rocker and accept all things rock. twisted

This is my favorite game trailer of all time:

Best Game Trailer of all time:

Sargerus wrote:Also, i like to point up for those that didn't like the music, the original Dark Souls also had some trailers with very unfitting music like the Bartholomew trailer:

Blasphemy. Just blasphemy...imo. I mean I couldn't disagree with you more if I tried. No offense. Shrug
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:I remember in the Dark Souls trailers...the character wore different costumes. Getting sick of this same costume wearing mofo.
    I guess they did that to have a familiar face to the game. I wish they did not though as the drawback is having a lot of new players going straight for that set and avoid everything else. Which in turn makes it easier for us to be better over them as we may find what that set is not suited for. However I think they did I right to have a masked guy than a named hero or do something that alienates genders to the game.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I was hoping for some of the environments from the leaked concept art in all honesty. Still feeling pretty underwhelmed. Eh ...
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Sargerus wrote:Also, i like to point up for those that didn't like the music, the original Dark Souls also had some trailers with very unfitting music like the Bartholomew trailer:

This is why we don't let the common folk have opinions. They are never right.

I guess they did that to have a familiar face to the game. I wish they did not though as the drawback is having a lot of new players going straight for that set and avoid everything else. Which in turn makes it easier for us to be better over them as we may find what that set is not suited for. However I think they did I right to have a masked guy than a named hero or do something that alienates genders to the game.

If I can't resurrect Gwinny or Alexiel. I most likely won't be buying this game. Those are heroes who are in every RPG I play. /sadfase/
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

the trailer seemed a little rushed. they just wanted to get some action sequences in and what not.

from the hard core fan perspective it do a whole lot to communicate the essence of the game experience, but we do get some more stuff to pick apart over the next year while we wait for the game to be released.

for instance, in the first scene there is a statue of an angel.but why is it chained? what does that mean?

we get a scene were the character is fighting enemies with a sword in the right hand and a bow in the left. will we see a mechanic for dual wielding with a bow?

there seems quite a few different terrain styles which I think speaks to the size of the game.

If the developers can maintain the essence while improving some mechanics and creating a completely new experience (ie new maps, monsters, challenges) I think we will all be pleased in the end.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:I remember in the Dark Souls trailers...the character wore different costumes. Getting sick of this same costume wearing mofo.
    they did the same thing with skyrim. it is what it is. I will be customizing my character to my preference just like before.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Either way I'll look for my set of armor and stick to it. I must assume from all this that we will have a ton of more options for armor and weapons for us to use.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:

Beg pardon?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:...This is why we don't let the common folk have opinions. They are never right....

WTF does that even mean? I find that offensive on almost every level I can think of. -1

***edit***

Sargerus wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:

Beg pardon?

Exactly.

Even though I like the music, I would never say something like that. I'd call you a **** or a ***, but I'd never make a statement like that. Horrible, just horrible. twistedevil
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm

So all the trailer links were fuzzy when I looked at work on my laptop. At home on the phone they're amazing. What gives? Optimized for mobile?

Also, civility is a must everyone.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:43 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So all the trailer links were fuzzy when I looked at work on my laptop. At home on the phone they're amazing. What gives? Optimized for mobile?

Also, civility is a must everyone.

watch/download it here

http://gamersyde.com/news_e3_dark_souls_ii_trailer-14148_en.html

direct feed HD trailer
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:...This is why we don't let the common folk have opinions. They are never right....

WTF does that even mean? I find that offensive on almost every level I can think of. -1

***edit***

Sargerus wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:

Beg pardon?

Exactly.

Even though I like the music, I would never say something like that. I'd call you a **** or a ***, but I'd never make a statement like that. Horrible, just horrible. twistedevil

I laughed. +1 to you.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:I laughed. +1 to you.

I didn't -2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:51 am