Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Reaperfan
DoughGuy
Encore
Fatneckwood
Exequim
Myztyrio
Argetlam350
Emergence
phastings
MistahrFox
Marionx
Halicarnassis
SlothAlmighty
Onion Knight
Animaaal
Anonymous Proxy
Mishrak
iGBx
Seignar
Sentiel
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
Werdax
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Soris Ice Goldwing
ublug
HereticForLife
sinspaw
Looking Glass Mind
Sargerus
tofucactaur
DyingAce
37 posters

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 3 Empty Re: New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't understand all the negativity. I thought the trailer rocked! I liked the music and the clips they showed. So far they've done a good job. Lots of Demon Souls elements coming through I thought. Excited for their demo tomorrow if IGN have it listed correctly.

Lots of people moaned about the music in Dragons Dogma and when the released the newer game recently and took out the music there were loads of complaints... I guess you can't please everyone sad
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 3 Empty Re: New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death

Post by Marionx Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:I don't understand all the negativity. I thought the trailer rocked! I liked the music and the clips they showed. So far they've done a good job. Lots of Demon Souls elements coming through I thought. Excited for their demo tomorrow if IGN have it listed correctly.

Lots of people moaned about the music in Dragons Dogma and when the released the newer game recently and took out the music there were loads of complaints... I guess you can't please everyone New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 3 57929600

I agree. I really liked the trailer and the music. In the end, this has really got me all the more excited for the game. I also get that Demon's Souls vibe too.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 pm

THis trailer looked way too actiony...Guess Namco is trying to lure the Skyrim/CoD fans with a "FK YEAH" vibe to the game.
    Taking that aspect out tho, enemy design is great, especially for the Mirror Knight, I'm expecting a great battle, light effects are marvelous(Chester), the animations are ok I guess. The action in the trailer is making me feel doubtful about the aproach this game will take but I can only wait.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Why has no one else noticed him RUNNING over the Wyvern Bridge?

Right? This better not be the answer to crossing, as they have just revealed a cop-out solution to what I was hoping to be a challenge. Good grief.. Maybe there is something u have to do to scare it away and this is just the aftermath
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Feel free to debate whether you like the music or not, marketing and how it's handled is a very important component of gaming especially a crossover hit like the Souls series. However, let us not belittle the opinions of others. Please step back and let cool heads prevail before any further escalation.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:50 pm

I liked it. I mean sure it was more action then perhaps the past Souls games trailer but I didn't find it bad, I liked the enemy design and the atmosphere in the game and the locations.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 pm

This is how they sell the game. Don't worry, it will maintain the DkS feel
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Red Eye Knights. =D
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

im digging the animated statues with the red eyes.. wow, the lighting is going to be incredible. Notice the lightning flashes while he is fighting them in the enormous hall, and the stormy skies during the mirror knight battle. They are putting a lot into this engine.

Yea no one should be worried about this not being the same old souls we know and love. Namco is editing this to broaden the appeal. No UI and different camera angles at a fast pace. Its just advertising.

we already know from the devs interviews that From has full creative control, and have shown us 12 minutes worth of gameplay footage. Sure they may add more combat animations and move sets, but they will not abandon the fanbase to sell out.

ive watched this several times now, and seems to get better each time. Lets hope they have a hands on demo booth this week. I just want to know how others rate the mechanics in comparison with the 1st one.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:37 am

So many good things about this coming. Still so much time to pass but maybe it will be great to finally play the game that will scar, make me laugh and test us again.
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 am

Anybody remember the Old Monk boss fight in Demon's Souls? Where a player could be summoned to be the boss for the boss fight?
    Complete speculation here, but what if the character breaking out of the Mirror Knights shield is another player being "summoned" to fight with the boss?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:55 am

No PEGI 18?

Indeed.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 am

I like the idea of the mirror knight as some sort of mimic to us. How to kill yourself?
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 am

Have to agree that the music wasn't particularly fitting, but then again, neither was the Bartholomew trailer for the first DkS and that also gave off an actiony vibe. If it gets more people excited though, and boosts the number of people that'll pick this up on launch (and it's not reflective of any change in the atmosphere itself) I don't mind. All the more fresh meat for those of us with PVP experience big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 am

There seems to be a lot of talk about the "new Oscar". Has anyone considered EK set guy could be old Oscar?
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 am

Fatneckwood wrote:Anybody remember the Old Monk boss fight in Demon's Souls? Where a player could be summoned to be the boss for the boss fight?
    Complete speculation here, but what if the character breaking out of the Mirror Knights shield is another player being "summoned" to fight with the boss?

Wow. I hadn't thought about it like that. Good thinking!

Also, I hope that you are right about that. I loved that feature and I hope it returns, and the mirror knight would be the best place for it too!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:07 am

DoughGuy wrote:There seems to be a lot of talk about the "new Oscar". Has anyone considered EK set guy could be old Oscar?
    A Prequel view Dough? I guess we may have to wait for more things to be revealed first.
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:11 am

sinspaw wrote:
    Fatneckwood wrote:Anybody remember the Old Monk boss fight in Demon's Souls? Where a player could be summoned to be the boss for the boss fight?

Wow. I hadn't thought about it like that. Good thinking!

Also, I hope that you are right about that. I loved that feature and I hope it returns, and the mirror knight would be the best place for it too!

lol Yeah thanks. It just hit me. I hope thats the case because it could add a whole new level of unpredictability to the boss. Possibly making him a lot easier or a lot harder than you thought he would be! Could be a lot of fun!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 am

Finally, an advertisement that isn't just "our game is really hard and you will die alot!" Finally, something that hints that you're supposed to be conquering the death instead of just experiencing it!

EDIT: Also, hi! My name is Lait Tuda Pardee!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:49 am

Looks amazing!~♪
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:23 am

Halicarnassis wrote:I don't understand all the negativity. I thought the trailer rocked! I liked the music and the clips they showed. So far they've done a good job. Lots of Demon Souls elements coming through I thought. Excited for their demo tomorrow if IGN have it listed correctly.

Lots of people moaned about the music in Dragons Dogma and when the released the newer game recently and took out the music there were loads of complaints... I guess you can't please everyone New E3 Trailer - Go Beyond Death - Page 3 57929600
    Dragon's Dogma has one of the best soundtracks I ever heard. I can't imagine anyone not liking that. O_o

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I like the idea of the mirror knight as some sort of mimic to us. How to kill yourself?
    Ever played DMC 3? There's boss that copies Dante and you have to fight yourself. I always love when a hero fights his evil copy, but not in games. While it is appealing at first, the game and it's AI cannot fully mimic the player's movements. Unless the enemy does exactly the same, by copying your inputs from your controller. You may face a enemy that looks like you and the game may even go to such lengths as to remember your playstyle and use it against you, but when this happens, it's no longer PvE, but PvP, where we use completely different tactics and thus the enemy is doomed to quick death.

Another issue is equipment. How will the game handle if I remove my gear before starting the boss fight?
    The Mirror Knight will make a copy of me naked, without weapons and afterwards I can equip my gear back and easily win...or have a epic fist fight with myself. big grin

If it would be Old Monk style, then I already love it. I think that a lot of guys who played DeS liked Old Monk fight, even with it's massive drawbacks and would really like to see something like that again inDkS II.
    chocolatemuffin47
    chocolatemuffin47

Post by chocolatemuffin47 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:24 am

Hey, all. Long time souls fan but new here.

A few things i noticed in this trailer other than whats been pointed out
    -The "cover knight" is wielding a new sword not shown in the 12min gameplay demo @00:14
    -The enemies the cover knight fights around 00:38 appear to be human, not hollowed or anything
    -in the hallway @00:41 some of the statues appear to be headless like this guy in the top right image in this https://i.imgur.com/sJxC39Ph.jpg 'leaked' concept art image
    -the ones with heads and red eyes have horse heads. some lore behind that perhaps? they seem to me like chess pieces the way they are lined up and from their crouched posture
    -the caster with the staff has a goat head. possible relative of capra lol
    -at around 00:50 theres some kind of marking on the greatsword. this probably isnt significant but i found that detail kind of cool
    -at around 1:15 we get a glimpse of enemy weapons a shield and a bow. knowing DkS1 its probably gonna be equipable later and be about as useful as the hollow soldier shield shield
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:46 am

Should this be the case, the fight against the mirror knight will be horrifically difficult. Ornstein & Smough are quite the pain, but having a player aiding the already threatening boss, will put the player's abilities to the test. A really difficult test.
    Personally, I suspect the reflected knight will be controlled by AI, though, it would be interesting to have a player fight alongside the boss.

As for the design on the reflected knight. Some comments on IGN trailer rewind, gave me the idea that the reflected knight might spawn with the equipment of an earlier player, or potentially a player who is fighting the boss at the same time as yourself. I definitely think the design on the reflected knight will change in appearance, for each reflection spawned.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:31 pm

chocolatemuffin47 wrote:Hey, all. Long time souls fan but new here.

A few things i noticed in this trailer other than whats been pointed out
    -The "cover knight" is wielding a new sword not shown in the 12min gameplay demo @00:14
    -The enemies the cover knight fights around 00:38 appear to be human, not hollowed or anything
    -in the hallway @00:41 some of the statues appear to be headless like this guy in the top right image in this https://i.imgur.com/sJxC39Ph.jpg 'leaked' concept art image
    -the ones with heads and red eyes have horse heads. some lore behind that perhaps? they seem to me like chess pieces the way they are lined up and from their crouched posture
    -the caster with the staff has a goat head. possible relative of capra lol
    -at around 00:50 theres some kind of marking on the greatsword. this probably isnt significant but i found that detail kind of cool
    -at around 1:15 we get a glimpse of enemy weapons a shield and a bow. knowing DkS1 its probably gonna be equipable later and be about as useful as the hollow soldier shield shield

First off, welcome to the forums. Bow

And also, cool. I thought I was one of the only people looking at the small details.

For instance, at the very end, the character appears to be wielding a greatsword that has a move set similar to a curved sword. I think the move sets of ALL the weapons in DkS2 will be vastly improved. Sun

And +1 for attention to detail.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Patrick Morales went over the Mirror Knight battle on his "impressions" video at Gametrailers.

It spawns AI controlled knights as long as the mirror shield isn't broken by the player. That means MULTIPLE AI knights! He saw some unlucky saps on the E3 floor in a 5 on 1 boss battle!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 am