Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Quickdraw525
einherje
Ishiotzin
Murkulanvippi
Leet
Ahhotep1
shadowzninjaz
Kahldris_Ducard
Marino.
Hugh_G_Johnson
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
BloodMoon96
Demon Slayer
ViralEnsign_
Lord of Ash
brosidon84
Aigaios
sure-magicians
billy_bayonet
jc_in_az
Spurgun
dancash1808
Eko
Scryer569
mackofspades
VMatrixX
AshLumi
BeeSeaEss
Dutchy
Latitoast
lucania101710
Jansports
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
AlphaTrol
40 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 7 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Eko wrote:Dead angling is really easy with weapons that have horizontal attacks. For instance, the Obsidian Greatsword running attack has amazing dead angle potential. The Great Scythe has become notorious for dead angling and even more so since ENB's Best Dex Weapon video. 

I used greatswords for a while and learned that you have to use dead angle attacks sparingly. Most of the greatswords have slow swing speeds it's easy to tell when someone is specifically trying to use a dead angle attack. If you're going to practice those specifically I recommend the Man-Serpent Greatsword and the Bastard Sword.

I'm getting the hang of it but, big weapons just ain't my thing. I feel like i could swing, make a sandwich, and come back before the swing is over. I do okay with big weapons but katana's are my forte.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 7 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 pm

TooLeet wrote:I'm getting the hang of it but, big weapons just ain't my thing. I feel like i could swing, make a sandwich, and come back before the swing is over. I do okay with big weapons but katana's are my forte.

This may seem dumb but u can learn how 2 dead angle with a r1 atk from a katana its very dumb but u can do it or if u use the cb n laito the r2 atks can da well but u mainly da with weapons like claymore ultra great swords and scythes
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:I'm getting the hang of it but, big weapons just ain't my thing. I feel like i could swing, make a sandwich, and come back before the swing is over. I do okay with big weapons but katana's are my forte.

This may seem dumb but u can learn how 2 dead angle with a r1 atk from a katana its very dumb but u can do it or if u use the cb n laito the r2 atks can da well but u mainly da with weapons like claymore ultra great swords and scythes  

I'm fully aware man. I do it a lot with the roll r1 with the chaos blade.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 pm

No im not talking about a roll r1 just a normal r1

I use 2 know how 2 da with a normal kat r1 i should really remember how
    hmmm.... Time to make a stand
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:16 am

My dual katana build is coming along nicely, if not slowly. Silly Darkwraith farming.... I've made a couple of adjustments to the build I put up a while back, those of which are secret. Wouldn't want you all knowing what you're up against exactly, now would I? silly

But in all seriousness, there's only one part to my build that I'm missing, and it's kinda crucial. The other katana. >.> I've one +15 Iaito at the moment, but I've no way of acquiring a second unless someone were to help me out, or NG+.

If someone could direct me to the Exiled Chatango page that would be nice. Haven't bookmarked it yet.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:46 am

Hey exiles just out of the blue, How many of u guys are active on both ps3 n xbox for dark souls?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:Hey exiles just out of the blue, How many of u guys are active on both ps3 n xbox for dark souls?

Also...let Ryan know if you have DkS on both consoles and on PC, too!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:No im not talking about a roll r1 just a normal r1

I use 2 know how 2 da with a normal kat r1 i should really remember how
    hmmm.... Time to make a stand

Katanas r1 isn't a horizontal attack. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you're at an angle. I play unlocked 90% of the time so sometimes i can't even see my opponent. I guess if i think about it i do dead angle all the time with katanas. I just don't do it on purpose.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

I personally never dead angle with katanas. Knowing how to do it with them is all fine and well it just really isn't their niche. Unless you're unlocked, or rolling-R1 all the time you're not very likely to get a dead angle from a katana and even then I would bet it is rare. On top of that, most people are rolling at 53 poise and the dead angle could get punished as katanas don't do much poise damage.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

It happens but only because i play unlocked 90% of the time. The other 10% playing locked is for parrying, bs's etc. It depends on a lot of things like what they're using, and how they're playing. I don't intentionally try to dead angle with katanas. But sometimes i do unlock and pivot as i'm swinging just to mess with the person. A lot of times people will try to parry and that's when i just delay my swings slightly. People like to panic and mash L2. Doesn't usually work out.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Last night was another fun duels,Eko is turning out 2 be good atfer time in time, He saw my powers with magic theres not much 2 say but his reactions were pretty lawl, all in all was a very fun duel session big grin
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm sorry to say it but you should probably remove from that members list. I'm not planning on coming back anytime soon. I just don't have any interest in DkS anymore.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Guys 

I will finally be on vacations this friday so if anyone can be on like 3 Pm GTML east time hit me up to celebrate! 

@Shadows bro i need your assistance im thinking on making a new build Sl 55 and i hear that you are the master when i come to making builds i will Pm you with the details.

Just wanted to say that i am really happy to share with so nice people. I really enjoy posting here

If i havent 

Welcome Eko hope you have a great time around 

big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Spurgun wrote:I'm sorry to say it but you should probably remove from that members list. I'm not planning on coming back anytime soon. I just don't have any interest in DkS anymore.

Sorry, about that Robin...had you the inactive spoilier but only removed you from the PC Faction. Fixed it. happy
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Every time i get on nobody is on or they're not playing Dks. Or nobody replies to my "wanna duel?" except the 1 time i dueled robs. Prostration
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm

TooLeet wrote:Every time i get on nobody is on or they're not playing Dks. Or nobody replies to my "wanna duel?" except the 1 time i dueled robs. Prostration

Sorry to hear that but you were doing pretty good the other day, yes? I know shadowz was dueling a lot yesterday. Maybe you need to stick around a little longer some peeps are just getting off work. Sometimes it just drops off....specially around dinner time for CST/EST. Also, today a lot of people couldn't get on psn. I know I couldn't up to a couple hours ago.

It should pick up again later happy

shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:Guys 

I will finally be on vacations this friday so if anyone can be on like 3 Pm GTML east time hit me up to celebrate! 

@Shadows bro i need your assistance im thinking on making a new build Sl 55 and i hear that you are the master when i come to making builds i will Pm you with the details.

Yeah sure i can help u sl 55 builds r like my thing XD
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:Every time i get on nobody is on or they're not playing Dks. Or nobody replies to my "wanna duel?" except the 1 time i dueled robs. Prostration

Sorry to hear that but you were doing pretty good the other day, yes? I know shadowz was dueling a lot yesterday. Maybe you need to stick around a little longer some peeps are just getting off work. Sometimes it just drops off....specially around dinner time for CST/EST. Also, today a lot of people couldn't get on psn. I know I couldn't up to a couple hours ago.

It should pick up again later

Me and robs were just dueling in the moonpit. And yeah something is going on. Lot's of lag too.
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 am

Eko wrote:I personally never dead angle with katanas. Knowing how to do it with them is all fine and well it just really isn't their niche. Unless you're unlocked, or rolling-R1 all the time you're not very likely to get a dead angle from a katana and even then I would bet it is rare. On top of that, most people are rolling at 53 poise and the dead angle could get punished as katanas don't do much poise damage.

Only time I dead angle with katanas is against the classic Havel's Greatshield turtles. Haven't upgraded myself a Shotel yet.
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:55 am

Aiming for +3 Darkmoon today. It'll be hard as I slept most of the day and it requires.... 50 souvenirs?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:56 am

80 Souvenirs.
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:57 am

80 from the point you get to +2?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:58 am

My bad, it takes 80 total, so 50 from +2.
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am

Dibsville wrote:My bad, it takes 80 total, so 50 from +2.

Oh okay. I was thinking "This is going to kill me."

:L
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 am

Scryer569 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:My bad, it takes 80 total, so 50 from +2.

Oh okay. I was thinking "This is going to kill me."

:L

If its for a ps3 build I can help you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am