Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
sinisterapathy
RANT
Sentiel
7 posters

Metal Gear Solid V

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Metal Gear Solid V Empty Metal Gear Solid V

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Metal Gear Solid V Mgs5-tpp_logo

Metal Gear Solid V is made up from two different games. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. The concept should be very similar to that of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, with Ground Zeroes being a prequel to the Phantom Pain.

Metal Gear Solid V Mgsv-2

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is an upcoming canonical installment in the Metal Gear series. Being developed by Kojima Productions, Ground Zeroes is the first game running on the Fox Engine and will be published by Konami. Hideo Kojima is writing, directing and doing the game design for the game, as well as producing it.

Ground Zeroes was officially announced in late 2011. The game was privately revealed at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary and made its public debut at PAX Prime 2012. This game is currently in development for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. However, job listings for the game suggest that it would be developed for the PC as well, but it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Also, Kojima has hinted that Ground Zeroes could have the chance of getting a next-gen consoles release.

Taking place soon after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes was revealed to be serving as a prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain during GDC 2013. Several characters and gameplay mechanics from Peace Walker are back in this game. Big Boss is the protagonist of the game. Contrary to the previous Metal Gear titles being more cinematic, Ground Zeroes has open world gameplay structure.

Metal Gear Solid V Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Screen-Punished-Snake
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is an upcoming canonical installment in the Metal Gear series. Being developed by Kojima Productions, it will be running on the Fox Engine and published by Konami. Hideo Kojima is writing, directing and doing the game design, as well as producing it.
    This game is currently in development for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. However, job listings for the game at GDC 2012 and GDC 2013 suggest that it will be developed for the PC as well, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Taking place after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid V serves as a prequel to Metal Gear. Big Boss is the protagonist of the game. Metal Gear Solid V uses open world gameplay structure.
    ~http://metalgear.wikia.com

Reveal Trailer
    Spoiler:

Reveal Trailer - Alternative Version
    Spoiler:

Official Extended Gameplay Trailer
    Spoiler:

Hospital Developer's Demo Gameplay Walkthrough
    Spoiler:

Pre-E3 2013 Hideo Kojima Interview
    Spoiler:

E3 2013 Trailer
    Spoiler:

E3 2013 Extended Trailer GREEN BAND
    Spoiler:

E3 2013 Extended Trailer RED BAND
    THIS VIDEO IS FOR MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY!
    Spoiler:

E3 2013 Hideo Kojima Interview
    Spoiler:
    Will post a YouTube link once it's available.

Last edited by Sentiel on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Metal Gear Solid V Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid V

Post by RANT Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:42 pm

metal gear redemption!!! the first trailer looked awesome, then i saw the video on e3 and i couldn't believe it, it wasn't good to say the least, i guess phantom pain in probably gonna be the first metal gear game i don't get in years.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 am

Added a GT interview with Hideo Kojima. There's no YT vid yet, but will add it once it's available.

So Rant, what exactly do you NOT like about MGS V?
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I can not wait for this. Thanks for posting Sentiel. I haven't seen the Kojima interviews.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 pm

If I ever get a next gen console,I'll be buying both games.Do we actually know if they will be seperate or maybe two disks,one game yet? I've been playing MGS since the first one,3 had my favourite locations but 4 was my favourite overall,must have finished it nearly ten times.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

It's probably gonna be like MGS2, where you have the Tanker mission and the actual Sons of Liberty.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Doesn't that seem like an awful lot to cram on one BluRay disk? Both games have HD textures and are free roam so I dunno how they will manage.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Kojima is genius, he can do it. I just hope Boss won't have to take 15 min ciggie breaks between missions. big grin
    Kojima said it should be seamless, until you use fast travel, so imagine Dark Souls style of traveling.

How to fit it on BRD isn't an issue. It does have 50 GB of space and if you the games' sizes when you download them, you'll hardly find one that has more than 10 GB now.
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm so *** HYPED for this. Has potential to be the best MGS game ever. And I have to say I love Sutherland as BB so far.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 am

Named RevolverSnake. Has Kaz in avatar. Pricelesss. lol!
    Just a jape friend, just a jape. happy

I kinda disagree on the Sutherland choice. Mostly because I dislike changes and because Hideo didn't give us any good reason. Saying that David hayter is a bad actor (not directly), that can't play out all the facial emotions he wants BB to have is a very bad excuse, because Sutherland can play BB while Hayter dubs him. This has been done in movies since forever and it's been done in games as well. So I'm sorry Hideo, find a better excuse.

Online is what worries me. As someone who played MGO2 for more than two years, I'd like to see it fully return in MGS V, but with the open world theme, I'm afraid we'll only get co-op, oronline multiplayer totally separated from the main game. I only pray that it doesn't end up as another CoD clone. nail biting
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 am

I guess the voice chance came out of nowhere but do you think Sutherland is doing a bad job? I think he delivered the "Kaz, I'm already a demon" line brilliantly.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 am

It's more about being used to Hayter for all these years than about Sutherlands performance.
    I'd have to hear and see more of the game to actually decide how good of a job he did, but so far, I don't like the change. Mostly because I don't like changes. They never do anything good.
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah, but if you think about it it's kinda weird that they picked Hayter for mgs3 anyway. Just because Solid is a clone of BB it doesn't mean they have the same voice. Solidus and Liquid don't have the same voices either.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 am

SS and BB are about same age in their respective games. Since SS is clone of BB it makes sense to have the same voice, however the reason why Liquid doesn't have the same voice is because they have to be different, for gameplay purposes, especially with PS1 graphics. Because Liquid was in SAS, thus got the nice English accent and also Liquid doesn't smoke, like SS and BB and you might know that long term smoking kinda does ruin your voice, which Hayter portraied perfectly. BBs voice in MGS4 was strange. Given the fact that SS is also very old they should have almost identical voice. But having two characters talk to each other with the same voice is kinda strange, so they changed it for gameplay purposes.

To put it simply, it was a bad move to let Hayter dub BB from the very start. Each Snake should've had different voice actor and the problem would've been solved.
    If the story will continue on, there will be a lot of instances where BB will talk to SS and Kojima probably noticed the problem it would make, to have two characters with one voice actor, so decided to change BBs voice now. Much later than he should've.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I keep hearing that Kojima is technically rebooting the series, so these probably wont follow established cannon completely but likely change some details as they see fit (Millers missing left arm and right eye and leg) (the shrapnel in snakes skull {the boss is so bad as he has metal on the brain} and the prosthetic hand {looks like Vladimir Zadornov's old hand}) I'm psyched for this but I wish it was just one game all together rather than two as it seems by the time they are released I will be too busy with other things to worry about several 200+ hour games...
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I've never played any of the MGS gaames but I've always loved Snake's voice.  It makes me gasm immediately when I'm exposed to it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 am

I bet you anything it is Zadormov's hand. Kojima said the hand will play some role in the story as well.
    My only question is:
    Can it also do rocket punch?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 am